Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official fanclub, advantages for fans, etc.

Thank you for this great answer.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    They have their own reasons for not having a fan club. You can get access to presales for local shows by joining their mailing list. If you want to go to something farther away, you can always post here asking about presales. As far as meet'n'greets, they also have their own reason for not selling those or backstage passes like other bands do(lol and people say the Offspring are sellouts :P At The Used concerts, you have to buy a cd to get into the post show "meet'n'greet" which is really just an autograph session). If you pay attention to the radio and even get in touch with people in your area from the BBS, that is your best way to get into a pre/post show meet'n'greet. Not all shows have them though. I went to a festival on Sunday and there wasn't one. There was a "Enter your name in a hat and meet them briefly pre-show through the radio station" meet'n'greet, but I guess because of the size of the venue and other factors, there wasn't one after the show. They even had the buses blocked off, which I haven't seen at an Offspring show before. That is the other way to meet them. Usually, people will wait by the buses after the show. We tried to do that Sunday, but the buses were in a restricted area surrounded by security. Did it the last time they came through, but their tour manager came out and told us they didn't have time to come out and meet the 15 or so people that were waiting. He was super nice though.

Fan clubs don't bring us closer to the bands. These guys work really hard to stay in touch with their big time fans. You'll find if you pay attention, meeting them and bonus stuff isn't as hard to come by as it is with most bands.

Noodles posts under the accout "Noodles" with the user title "Band member". He is also a big fan of Twitter.

I like it the way it is now actually, which to me is a nice balance between too much and nothing.

They did had an exclusive fan club, they even gave to fans an exclusive fan club CD with B-sides called "CLUB ME" , prior to the mp3 fever began.

It had The Stooge's and The Damned covers and D.U.I (written by Noodles) and there was also "The Offspring NATION" thingy wich was supposed an exclusive fan zone within this website that you could access by buying CO1 original cds.

It was kinda lame thou the only "new" thing about it I recall was Offspring live playing KUMBAYA

I would like them to have an official fan club, but NOT CHARGE
    Last edited by D0NT; 09-19-2012 at 11:46 AM.

To have an official fan club with exclusive goodies and things like that requires money, so I don't fault Metallica or Pearl Jam or any of the rest of them for charging money for the access, and then providing a lot of value for that money. It doesn't seem like that sort of a model is something that would work for the Offspring and what they do.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Maybe Dexter can write a secret song about "official" fan clubs. That would be super. We could all wear buttons and shit. We could all sing the secret official fan club members only song and then know that we are members of the club.

Not a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    We could all wear buttons and shit.
    We could all wear yellow stars as badges. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    LOL!! Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    lolz, jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan fr den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Maybe Dexter can write a secret song about "official" fan clubs. That would be super. We could all wear buttons and shit. We could all sing the secret official fan club members only song and then know that we are members of the club.
    How about "Pass Me By"?
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis lev.