Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Industry.

Except for how you're not talking etiquette with us because you just dropped in to parrot the same racist trollbait because you have nothing of substance to say?
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Nah, I said a thing earlier that was relevant. That counts.

Also, I know all you fucks only remembered the last time I said that about blacks and lacking public etiquette because you secretly agree with it and thought about how I was right when you experienced blacks acting annoyingly several time in public, a few more times than your current theory could explain. lol.

Oh, and it's not that I don't like blacks, I just think they're MORE LIKELY to...you know, suck in public.lol (not racist).
    Last edited by bighead384; 09-24-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Oh look, it's Bighead being insightful again.

So I guess everyone agrees that it's silly for it to be perceived as rude to ask customers to move along at closing time, so long as the expectation has been set up that when they walk in and it's 10 minutes to close, they're told it's 10 minutes to closing.
    Last edited by Little_Miss_1565; 09-25-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Oh look, it's Bighead being insightful again.

So I guess everyone agrees that it's silly for it to be perceived as rude to ask customers to move along at closing time, so long as the expectation has been set up that when they walk in and it's 10 minutes to close, they're told it's 10 minutes to closing.
    I think it's rude regardless of what the restaurant does to prepare for the situation. It's a matter of courtesy to the employees and not a matter of customers following the restaurant's policy.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    ...Oh, and it's not that I don't like blacks, I just think they're MORE LIKELY to...you know, suck in public.lol (not racist).
    This is not entirely untrue. Whether it is simply when they are around white people or not, but I have seen it first hand at stores that SOME...SOME black patrons simply feel they do not have to wait their turn. I have never seen a full blown scene, but it gets a bit unsettling when waiting patiently in line you hear people mumbling crap that is clearly inappropriate or that bs fidgeting, nail clicking crap. Also, I have seen when waiting behind them, they will take their sweet ass time paying or checking out just to make others wait. I just don't see this from whites.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I think it's rude regardless of what the restaurant does to prepare for the situation. It's a matter of courtesy to the employees and not a matter of customers following the restaurant's policy.
    Of course it's courtesy to the employees, but anything that doesn't necessarily jibe with giving a customer whatever they want always seems to go over better if it's packaged as restaurant policy. The other problem is that restaurant owners and managers don't often empower their employees to be able to shut things down in a timely manner and go home if there's a late customer taking his or her time.

It's total bullshit; most places around where i live close the kitchens about 40 minutes before closing to avoid this issue.

Though on the flip side, i do hate in North American restaurants how often you get rushed through your meal by the service staff; i of course understand why they do this, but i wish they got paid a living wage so i didn't have to go through that nonsense everytime i'd like to relax and take things a bit slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    It's total bullshit; most places around where i live close the kitchens about 40 minutes before closing to avoid this issue.

Though on the flip side, i do hate in North American restaurants how often you get rushed through your meal by the service staff; i of course understand why they do this, but i wish they got paid a living wage so i didn't have to go through that nonsense everytime i'd like to relax and take things a bit slow.
    What do you mean "I wish they got paid a living wage" ?

Here, you will be warned the hour before closing time I'd say. So you know that you will have to rush. 30 mn before closing time, they just won't admit you.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Actually, it's not the servers who decide to rush you out. I worked at Perkins (I don't think you have them in Canada, but they're one of the top 4 largest restaurant chains in the US), and at the end of every shift, our boss would print our numbers. Those included our beverage percent (how many of our customers ordered a beverage and not just tap water?), pie sales, something else I can't remember, and our table turn time. The last one had to be under 40 minutes for our boss to be happy. Over 40 minutes was marked red, 40 was yellow, and under was green. That time was calculated from when you first put in the order, to when they pay their bill, so the servers have to really rush you to pay, even if they don't really care if you leave. Hell, my boss pulled me aside a few times cause my turn times were ALWAYS in the 40s, and would tell me to talk to the other servers for advice on how to get them lower... apparently, other servers would move customers from one table to another (just on the computer; not physically) after like 37 minutes, and then have to keep track of who was actually where when they entered in orders, and not let anyone else take out their food for them because it'd end up at the wrong table. Anyway, the point is, it's not the servers who are gung-ho about turn times... it's not about the wages they earn. It all comes from the bosses, and it's obnoxious. When I go out to eat, I wanna relax and chill. I don't wanna be rushed out the door as soon as I finish eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    What do you mean "I wish they got paid a living wage" ?
    In some states in the US, servers earn minimum wage, which I guess is in the range of $7-8/hr these days? However, other states (like the state I grew up in) allow restaurants to pay servers $2 or $3/hr, and make up the rest in tips. As long as they reach minimum wage after getting their tips, everything is fine legally. So the restaurant gets off with not really paying its employees, and the customers are directly responsible for the server's livelihood. It's disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

This is... absolutely disgusting.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !