Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why not cover the new album?

Default Why not cover the new album?

Anyone remember the "RAFRAG covered by us" project? Perhaps some of the people who worked on it back then or new ones around would be willing to do the same thing with the new album? If not the entire album, then maybe at least a couple of songs... Well, just throwing an idea out there. I think it'd be pretty awesome.

I don't have an electric guitar at the moment but right off the bat I can say I'm planning on doing Days Go By acoustic once I have mastered both guitar parts for the song.

Not sure if this thread belongs here or in Your Band, probably here and there but since Your Band is even more inactive, I'm posting it here. Let's hope it can garner some attention and spark off something interesting.

Wow, that was 3 years ago. I've been lurking around here longer than I'd like to admit.

I'd happily try recording some guitar tracks, but as of now the only equipment I have is a small amp and a headset mic. I've been meaning to get myself an audio interface, so if that happens soon I'm in.

How am I supposed to help since I do not own any Equipments? I do Karaoke Bar covers for The Offspring and Young The Giant (RARELY!).

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Maaaan, that RAFRAG project was a logistics nightmare. We actually started it right after the album came out, and it took nearly a year to complete. Still, it was really fun and I would totally be up for doing "Days Go By Covered by Us". Everyone is four years older and has less free time than before, plus the community isn't as strong as it was at that point, so it might be hard to get another one going (see the Smash and Ignition projects). But I would encourage some newer members to go for it, if possible.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    Wow, that was 3 years ago. I've been lurking around here longer than I'd like to admit.

I'd happily try recording some guitar tracks, but as of now the only equipment I have is a small amp and a headset mic. I've been meaning to get myself an audio interface, so if that happens soon I'm in.
    That would be cool. Everyone's welcome in the team!

Quote Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
    How am I supposed to help since I do not own any Equipments? I do Karaoke Bar covers for The Offspring and Young The Giant (RARELY!).
    Equip yourself then! Don't you have a mic or something to record your voice with?

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Maaaan, that RAFRAG project was a logistics nightmare. We actually started it right after the album came out, and it took nearly a year to complete. Still, it was really fun and I would totally be up for doing "Days Go By Covered by Us". Everyone is four years older and has less free time than before, plus the community isn't as strong as it was at that point, so it might be hard to get another one going (see the Smash and Ignition projects). But I would encourage some newer members to go for it, if possible.
    Yeah, I know it's all hard to organize but I don't think we need to rush. Even if it takes a year... or more. :P
    I guess that getting this started would already be a success.

I can record drums, since my vacations starts on thursday hehe, I´m willing to record slim pickens!
    We should be always happy

Quote Originally Posted by disclaimer_07 View Post
    Equip yourself then! Don't you have a mic or something to record your voice with?
    So how am I supposed to do that? I don't got the recordings stuff nor instruments. This shall PASS ME BY.

Can someone please reupload the "RAFRAG covered by us" album? I really want to listen to it but the links on the official thread seem to be all down.

Thanks in advance.

I support this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SapoCocas View Post
    Can someone please reupload the "RAFRAG covered by us" album? I really want to listen to it but the links on the official thread seem to be all down.

Thanks in advance.
    There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
    I support this idea.

There you go.
    Thanks for this! Wasn't around then so didn't know you guys did a cover of the whole album. You guys did an awesome job!
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana