Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 114

Thread: Why not cover the new album?

  1. #41


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonez View Post
    OR you can make it easy on me and record vocals over my recording and someone can rerecord a better drum track. Granted it's not the newer version of Dirty Magic but I recorded it before days go by came out. Tempo is different then the original as well but I can slow it down if need be.

    http://soundcloud.com/2bevilpenny/di...isited/s-cC7Yk
    Yeah, I can use that track for the vocals, but someone else'll have to edit it all together.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ixnay On The Hombre
    Posts
    1,574


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    I know all the songs. I can try and record them some day soon, and you can pick and choose which to keep and not to keep.
    OK, that's a good idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonez View Post
    OR you can make it easy on me and record vocals over my recording and someone can rerecord a better drum track. Granted it's not the newer version of Dirty Magic but I recorded it before days go by came out. Tempo is different then the original as well but I can slow it down if need be.

    http://soundcloud.com/2bevilpenny/di...isited/s-cC7Yk
    Cool, could you post the separate tracks as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
    Yep, if I can afford one or borrow from a neighbor.
    Then borrow one.

    Quote Originally Posted by dloweri View Post
    Yeah, I can use that track for the vocals, but someone else'll have to edit it all together.
    As I said, I'll do the editing.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    46


    Default

    Would it be easier to email the tracks?

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,076


    Default

    I think anything used for dirty magic should be based off of the new version.

    Also, I think that this round, people ought to try not to replicate the songs. Make them your own. Give 'em your own flair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    You wouldn't know anyway
    Posts
    3,327


    Default

    So you guys are doing this again? Cool, who's participating this time around? I probably won't be recording anything for this project (I think I recorded guitars for Trust In You and Takes Me Nowhere for the RAFRAG cover project, if I remember right), I have other things that I'm busy with right now. Unless you need me to

    But I'm deffinitely checking how the project turns out in the end

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    Y'know, after a bit of thought, I think I'll have to pull myself out of this project. I just think that my mic is a little too fuzzy for this, since we're aiming for quality. Nonetheless, I wish you all the best of luck here, and I will be sure to offer some critiquing and advice, if wanted. Sorry.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

  7. #47


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disclaimer_07 View Post
    This may not be completely accurate, but I hope you get the idea (I just tabbed it in Guitar Pro):


    GP File

    Woah thanks alot man !! i just hope i can find the solo now !

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ixnay On The Hombre
    Posts
    1,574


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonez View Post
    Would it be easier to email the tracks?
    I don't know... Maybe use some file hosting site, or maybe you have a Dropbox?

    Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    I think anything used for dirty magic should be based off of the new version.

    Also, I think that this round, people ought to try not to replicate the songs. Make them your own. Give 'em your own flair.
    Well, that'd be nice and all but it's kinda hard to coordinate when you're not doing the songs on your own from beginning to end. For example making a song "calmer" would often require changing the key and that could create a bit of a mess around here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    So you guys are doing this again? Cool, who's participating this time around? I probably won't be recording anything for this project (I think I recorded guitars for Trust In You and Takes Me Nowhere for the RAFRAG cover project, if I remember right), I have other things that I'm busy with right now. Unless you need me to

    But I'm deffinitely checking how the project turns out in the end
    Who knows, maybe you'll end up doing at least one track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Y'know, after a bit of thought, I think I'll have to pull myself out of this project. I just think that my mic is a little too fuzzy for this, since we're aiming for quality. Nonetheless, I wish you all the best of luck here, and I will be sure to offer some critiquing and advice, if wanted. Sorry.
    I assume that good quality wouldn't hurt, but I don't think we're aiming for studio quality. Are we?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Flamand View Post
    Woah thanks alot man !! i just hope i can find the solo now !
    Glad I could help. Stick around, sooner or later we'll get to the solo.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    You wouldn't know anyway
    Posts
    3,327


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disclaimer_07 View Post
    Who knows, maybe you'll end up doing at least one track.
    Naah, I don't know really. I'll tell you what, If you still need a guitar part for one of the songs in the end tell me and maybe I can do it. Which songs still need guitar parts anyway? I'm guessing nobody was too eager to take on Cruising California, am I right?

    Good luck with the project, I'm interested in hearing how these new covers are gonna turn out. This time the songs are gonna be more different from the originals, more personalized, right?

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ixnay On The Hombre
    Posts
    1,574


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Naah, I don't know really. I'll tell you what, If you still need a guitar part for one of the songs in the end tell me and maybe I can do it. Which songs still need guitar parts anyway? I'm guessing nobody was too eager to take on Cruising California, am I right?
    Let's see...

    The Future Is Now - drums: bhg_rulz2, guitars: Tonez
    Secrets From The Underground - ???
    Days Go By - drums: bhg_rulz2; I want to do it on acoustic as well
    Turning Into You - ???
    Hurting As One - ???
    Cruising California - not sure who's doing what yet
    All I Have Left Is You - someone can do the guitars, I'll try to do the rest
    OC Guns - ???
    Dirty Magic - vocals: dloweri, drums: bhg_rulz2, guitars: Tonez
    I Wanna Secret Family - ???
    Dividing By Zero - guitars: Ryder1234
    Slim Pickens - drums: bhg_rulz2, guitars: Ryder1234

    And Jojan will record the bass tracks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Good luck with the project, I'm interested in hearing how these new covers are gonna turn out. This time the songs are gonna be more different from the originals, more personalized, right?
    As I said, that would be awesome but also pretty hard to coordinate seeing as we are scattered all over the world. I'm all for it but I'm not sure if it's gonna work. It certainly would require better communication between the people involved.
    Last edited by disclaimer_07; 10-03-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •