Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 157 of 157

Thread: Retiring

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,992


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    For years, I thought he just had a dark sense of humor, and liked to tell people who are full of shit what they probably need to hear in a comically insensitive way.
    You mean you actually used to be right about something? I suppose the law of averages dictates...but still.

    Justin actually routinely offers exceptionally good advice, particularly to people who don't exactly deserve it. Unfortunately they're usually too messed up in one way or another to see it and I suspect Justin enjoys that. But whether he's a sadistic asshole or actually wishes to help is basically irrelevant. The fact is he's worth listening to. A lot of what he says about you, for example, seems spot on. Everyone here agrees with the assessments, yet Justin is fairly unique in that his criticisms offer genuinely good advice (sometimes) as to how you could better yourself. But you won't ever listen, and this probably provides him with a modicum of amusement as he offers you occasional tidbits of advice that could lead to the betterment of your life, secure in the knowledge that you almost certainly won't even consider the value of his words.

    Imagine you're drowning and Justin offers you his hand. If you accepted it he would not hesitate to save you. But he knows you won't accept it, and this combination can be rather amusing. See, most of the time Justin isn't inherently good or bad. Instead he allows you to see whatever you want to see in him, and in so doing acts as a mirror revealing your own issues. You would never believe Justin might actually help you because you would never help him. Helping others probably doesn't rate highly for you in general.

    I would even suggest that even in his heyday Justin didn't really persecute anyone. He only identified their flaws and laid a magnifying glass down for all to see. Or located their latent self-destruct sequences and provided a catalyst. It's really very artful and, in a sense, morally neutral. The subjects of his attentions tend to implode of their own free will. Justin himself is well aware and in touch with his own shortcomings as a human being and as such is immune from any form of triggering. The way you accuse him of believing he is in fact flawless again simply shows how he acts as a mirror. Your narcissism tells you that you are a flawless being, yet you look upon Justin with awe and feel threatened. The resulting cognitive dissonance requires you to throw criticisms at him that would more accurately apply to yourself.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,381


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Justin actually routinely offers exceptionally good advice, particularly to people who don't exactly deserve it. Unfortunately they're usually too messed up in one way or another to see it and I suspect Justin enjoys that. But whether he's a sadistic asshole or actually wishes to help is basically irrelevant. The fact is he's worth listening to. A lot of what he says about you, for example, seems spot on. Everyone here agrees with the assessments, yet Justin is fairly unique in that his criticisms offer genuinely good advice (sometimes) as to how you could better yourself. But you won't ever listen, and this probably provides him with a modicum of amusement as he offers you occasional tidbits of advice that could lead to the betterment of your life, secure in the knowledge that you almost certainly won't even consider the value of his words.

    Imagine you're drowning and Justin offers you his hand. If you accepted it he would not hesitate to save you. But he knows you won't accept it, and this combination can be rather amusing. See, most of the time Justin isn't inherently good or bad. Instead he allows you to see whatever you want to see in him, and in so doing acts as a mirror revealing your own issues. You would never believe Justin might actually help you because you would never help him. Helping others probably doesn't rate highly for you in general.

    I would even suggest that even in his heyday Justin didn't really persecute anyone. He only identified their flaws and laid a magnifying glass down for all to see. Or located their latent self-destruct sequences and provided a catalyst. It's really very artful and, in a sense, morally neutral. The subjects of his attentions tend to implode of their own free will. Justin himself is well aware and in touch with his own shortcomings as a human being and as such is immune from any form of triggering. The way you accuse him of believing he is in fact flawless again simply shows how he acts as a mirror. Your narcissism tells you that you are a flawless being, yet you look upon Justin with awe and feel threatened. The resulting cognitive dissonance requires you to throw criticisms at him that would more accurately apply to yourself.
    So many of your conclusions here are based on highly debatable statements, so it's frustrating to respond to. Generally speaking, you're idealizing Justin's behavior far too much. There are some cases where what you're saying might apply to his behavior, but I've seen many times where there simply isn't anything that could possibly be constructive about what he says. And other times where he should just leave the person alone and not bother them to begin with. To sort of repeat what I said earlier: there's a lot of times where a person doesn't act right or doesn't think clearly for reasons other than them being stupid. With that in mind, what is so special about Justin that he gets to be the guy who calls everyone out on it? I'm not even sure I totally look down on the guy, I just don't think he's as great as you're making him out to be.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    426


    Default

    You're right, bighead, I'm not as great as PiB is making me out to be. He's got his tongue planted a little too close to my prostate, but that doesn't change the fact that I am superior in every possible way to any hydrocephalic autard in the world, and I always will be. You accuse me of arrogance, and narcissism and egotism. I'm have none of those failings, although it might seem like it to you. That's because, as stated earlier, you're a hydrocephalic autard and you are inferior to me. You have always been inferior to me. You will always be inferior to me. Because you're a hydrocephalic autard.

    Sounds arrogant? Maybe a little. But when you think about it, there's nothing arrogant about saying I'm smarter than a retard, or faster than a cripple, or stronger than a baby. You and PiB both got part of it right ; I tell people what they need to hear, and you need to hear that 95% of the people you'll ever meet are better than you at everything (on account of you being a hydrocephalic autard). The sooner you accept it and stop trying to prove yourself, the happier you'll be.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,381


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    That's because, as stated earlier, you're a hydrocephalic autard and you are inferior to me. You have always been inferior to me. You will always be inferior to me. Because you're a hydrocephalic autard.
    Lol.

    Hey, Bill Gates has Asperger's. He's my hero! Well, not really. But still- Go Bill Gates!
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    4,425


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    I am bringing an old thread back to life, and it's against the rules.. so sue me!

    I am totally surprised I missed this, I realized when looking randomly at who is moderating which part of the forums that Sarah wasn't their anymore.

    I for one am very thankful that she was here to moderate and she's done a lot of good to us/me... we didn't always agree on everything, but she always had good intentions, and was always trying to be fair, and I always respected that (especially when I didn't agree with her)

    I am sure all our new/old moderators will live up to the standard she set, but none the less...

    This one Offspring fan will miss her dearly.

    She is one of a handful of people who I was fortunate enough to meet and befriend in real life.

    Sarah:

    Thanks

    -Oxy

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,992


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    I'm not as great as PiB is making me out to be. He's got his tongue planted a little too close to my prostate
    While I don't generally deny the positioning of my tongue relative to your physiological geography, I have to say, I don't see where I was making you out to be "great" exactly. I described you as morally neutral, at best, and was really just suggesting it as a possibility more than something I fully believed. Reading my post over again I think I did a pretty good job. What would you say I got wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Generally speaking, you're idealizing Justin's behavior far too much.
    Again, morally neutral at best. Yes, if you pick particular posts in which he may have inquired about rafters or enthusiastically recommended bleach you could say there was nothing constructive there. But that's sort of looking at it out of context. If you follow his abuse of any particular person across multiple posts and threads a larger theme becomes apparent, one which fits with the theory I suggested.

    I was never trying to argue that he's a good guy or anything like that. Just that what he did was more complex than your average bully.

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    With that in mind, what is so special about Justin that he gets to be the guy who calls everyone out on it?
    That question is fundamentally incorrect. Anyone can call anyone out on anything. I'm not saying he has any special right you don't have. He just had a talent for it.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    426


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    What would you say I got wrong?
    In all honesty, you barely touched on the true extent of my godlike magnificence. But saying that would make me sound sort of egotistical, since it's common courtesy not to rub your superiority in the faces of lesser men.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •