Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More analysis of "The Big City Liberal"

Default More analysis of "The Big City Liberal"

The believer is just blindly following. The atheist believes he's thought outside the box and has found the real truth. But the big city liberal elitist is above all of this, and is anxious to show both how foolish the reasons for their beliefs are.

The traditionalist adheres to what he's been taught from his superiors without much questioning. The punk rocker believes he's found a better way by not conforming to this tradition. But the big city liberal knows that his elite logic makes him superior to both.

A common man proclaims that "all races should be treated equally". But the big city liberal sneers, and begins to imagine that unlike him, this man would be unable to recommend a progressive policy that ought to be considered to crucial to achieving true racial equality.

No doubt, the big city liberal believes himself to be in an elite category. A paradigm of morality, constructiveness, and honesty. But upon getting to know one of these folks on a personal level, what do you find? And what would you expect to find?

You find a person that going through life pretending that they have no significant personality flaws or eccentricities that could, at any point, cause their actions to be inconsistent with the morality and etiquette they espouse. For most people, there is an unfortunately frequent struggle to rectify and understand the exact reasons why they've failed to adhere to their own convictions. Because of this, a person will often have to question themselves, and must live with the insecurity that accompanies this. However, this is not the case for the big city liberal, who possess a special fortitude and virtuousness that places him above this type of dilemma.

Too add to the frustration, the big city liberal is notably eager to elicit a response from others by virtue of his stated beliefs and pretensions. A conflict is present. On one hand, the big city liberal wants others to realize that their way is right and they have no excuse to not be living this way as well. On the other hand, the big city liberal believes that very, very few people are capable of this, and furthermore, they'd prefer that it continue to be an elite group anyway.

The response that they attempt to elicit from others is such that they should feel obligated to act a certain way, but at the same time, subtly imply that they are incapable of it without offering any real solutions.

Alright, "big city liberal" is a stupid term. So what, you probably know what I mean anyway.
    Last edited by bighead384; 10-06-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Do you have any sort of diagnosed intellectual issue? Serious question. You're like a dog with a bone with this stuff. What happened in life to you that makes you so insecure about what other people think about your intellect, and so paranoid about imaginary systems in place designed to do...I don't even know what. But this makes me feel like I should make you a cup of tea, maybe some toast, maybe call someone for you. You've been on about this for, literally, years. Why?
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Do you have any sort of diagnosed intellectual issue? Serious question. You're like a dog with a bone with this stuff. What happened in life to you that makes you so insecure about what other people think about your intellect, and so paranoid about imaginary systems in place designed to do...I don't even know what. But this makes me feel like I should make you a cup of tea, maybe some toast, maybe call someone for you. You've been on about this for, literally, years. Why?
    I often think about morality, and I'm annoyed but what I see as a big lie by assholes who just like to feel like their in some special category, even if it means making others feel worse when they shouldn't.

Aren't you placing yourself in your own sort of special category by creating a narrative in which you are the sole arbiter of morality, above those whom you think are talking a bunch of shit? Isn't it a little rich to be talking a bunch of shit yourself while calling out an imagined group for talking a bunch of shit?
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Aren't you placing yourself in your own sort of special category by creating a narrative in which you are the sole arbiter of morality, above those whom you think are talking a bunch of shit? Isn't it a little rich to be talking a bunch of shit yourself while calling out an imagined group for talking a bunch of shit?
    It's not a matter of being in a special category or not, it's a matter of what's right and true. Besides, my initial argument implies that I've done plenty of things that I'm ashamed of, and expect to continue to struggle with this, like any normal person. What's so arrogant about that?
    Last edited by bighead384; 10-06-2012 at 06:57 PM.

LOL bighead has been busy on Urban Dictionary.

I get the feeling that bighead confuses "big city liberal" with "hipster". Then again, I don't think anyone at this bbs is much of a hipster.

I have met a few people that fit his description, but "big city liberal" is far from what I'd call them. But I usually tune such people out and don't care enough to analyze it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Default Ladies and gentlemen,

big city liberal vs. primadonna girl

clash of the left and the right wing

who's gonna win?

That's a toughie. What are they armed with, HAU? Blunt wit and sharp tongue? Or RPK and HK21?
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

red hitachi magic wand and big kitschy blue dildo

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I get the feeling that bighead confuses "big city liberal" with "hipster". Then again, I don't think anyone at this bbs is much of a hipster.

I have met a few people that fit his description, but "big city liberal" is far from what I'd call them. But I usually tune such people out and don't care enough to analyze it.
    There are a bunch of posters on here who have written extensively on morals, etiquette, constructiveness, etc. over the years. Everything from outlining their own beliefs to criticizing others. Is it not odd to you that these same people have never admitted to any sort of struggle or flaw with their own actions? I'm not saying people should go out of their way to make themselves look bad under normal circumstances. But if you're going to A) constantly discuss morality and B) present yourself as having superior integrity and honesty, how can you justify giving off the attitude of flawlessness and fail to at least occasionally mention your own flaws and struggles?

There are many people that I've dubbed elitists who I would insist give off this impression. And if they were to ever attempt being humble or realistic, it was probably something that rubs me the same way as saying "Oh, I'm not saying I'm always right. But when I'm wrong, it's only when it's about something that's not that important anyway".
    Last edited by bighead384; 10-07-2012 at 06:16 PM.