Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've gots me an idea...

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    Well, Dexter is an Republican, and Noodles is a Democrat. Since Dexter writes all the music, I guess it would be a pro-Romney song. At least a pro-Republican song. Neocon motherfucker!
    how do you know that? i know noodles and pete are democrats but i never heard dexter or greg talk about politics at all

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    how do you know that? i know noodles and pete are democrats but i never heard dexter or greg talk about politics at all
    Well, Greg rarely talks about anything to the public, so we don't have to worry about his political affiliation. I'd like to know why they think Dexter is a republican.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    They should also end world hunger.
    Yup. You make that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    Well, Dexter is an Republican, and Noodles is a Democrat. Since Dexter writes all the music, I guess it would be a pro-Romney song. At least a pro-Republican song. Neocon motherfucker!
    REALLY?!!!!!! How can the guy who says "let it mutherfuckin burn" be Republican!? It'd be straight up awesome if he was.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

If Dexter wrote Republican themed songs, I would definitely be put off. So I'm happy that they don't!

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Wait, are you serious that Dexter is a republican? I guess I never thought about what side they are on because I hate American politics. I watch Science Channel and NatGeo instead of the debates.
    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Yup. You make that thread.

REALLY?!!!!!! How can the guy who says "let it mutherfuckin burn" be Republican!? It'd be straight up awesome if he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    If Dexter wrote Republican themed songs, I would definitely be put off. So I'm happy that they don't!
    If the song Neocon (Neo-conservative) wasn't enough, you have the Punk Voter.
    During the whole Punk Voter thing fronted by Fat Mike, Noodles wanted to submit a song to the thing, but Dexter didn't like the idea, so they agreed to a compromise which included that Noodles picked an old song (it was Beheaded), because Dexter is an Republican. I have no idea what Greg K's political views are though.

And Godxilla, the Republican party is more anti-government than the Democrats, so that way Republican is more punx. Of course it is also socially retarded, so that is anti-punx. It's a bit of a oxymoron from Dexter. I guess he mellowed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Considering the timing/content of certain songs and albums, I would be amazed if Dexter is Republican in the sense of the current version. SIFU would have been written while Bush was in and "Not The One", "Mission From God", "Tehran" etc present Dexter as anti-war, not relgious and pro-environment etc and the Republicans are the complete opposite.

They've got a song called Neocon with such lyrics as "We will never lose to you" and they were pretty active supporters of Rock Against Bush and Punkvoter (progressive organizations).

I think it's safe to say that the band probably isn't on team Romney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Dexter once said: "It's very easy to be right and left at the same time. It's not a spectrum; it's rather a circle. On the one hand, we're saying ultimate freedom; on the other, ultimate responsibility. But they kinda go hand-in-hand."

http://venue.congresschicago.com/event/155439/

I actually had that very thought myself a little while back. It's not a spectrum at all.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Spectrum or circle, doesn't matter, so many ways to visualize or interpret it. What about sphere for example or tesseract to keep it simple. And I bet there are other important words, not just freedom and responsibility, what about peace you bloodthirsty Americans.

I totally want to know who they will pick. They should totally bukkake us with it on social sites.