Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 949

Thread: Post a picture of your instrument!

  1. #921
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Posts
    248


    Default

    Just need to learn how to play it well now

    I'm hellbent on learning Bad Habit, but I can't get the strumming right.

  2. #922
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    4,428


    Default

    It'll come with practice. Although I found learning on a Strat neck extremely difficult and my playing never picked up until I got an Ibanez with the thinner necks. I would suggest making the neck on your next one thinner, or buying/renting an Ibanez or something with a thin neck to practice on.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

  3. #923
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Posts
    248


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    It'll come with practice. Although I found learning on a Strat neck extremely difficult and my playing never picked up until I got an Ibanez with the thinner necks. I would suggest making the neck on your next one thinner, or buying/renting an Ibanez or something with a thin neck to practice on.
    Actually, the neck on mine is built smaller than an ibanez. I have an almost exact Ibanez copy with my telecaster design, though. Most people find the neck and body contours quite comfortable on the strat.
    Last edited by Hypno Toad; 06-26-2009 at 11:32 PM.

  4. #924
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alternative nation
    Posts
    292


    Default


    And when I take a picture of my guitar Ill put it up here.

  5. #925
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Inverness / Leicester
    Posts
    586


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    I absolutely LOVE that tele!!
    "T H E R A P Y ? - Music to take your clothes off to"

  6. #926
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    4,428


    Default

    Thanks . I made the pickguard myself out of oak, and I did the pinstripes myself too. Plus I put the cover on the pickguard.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

  7. #927
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Where deserts rats dwell
    Posts
    4,432


    Default

    Dude, ryder, that is one sweet RG.

    The blue one, I mean

  8. #928
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    4,428


    Default

    thanks man. the paint job is actually pretty fucked up though i had to cover up all the scratches and blemishes with a sharpie. I'm gonna be sanding it and staining it blue sometime, with a with pickguard.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

  9. #929
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Posts
    248


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    thanks man. the paint job is actually pretty fucked up though i had to cover up all the scratches and blemishes with a sharpie. I'm gonna be sanding it and staining it blue sometime, with a with pickguard.
    Stain, why not just paint?

  10. #930
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Inverness / Leicester
    Posts
    586


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    Thanks . I made the pickguard myself out of oak, and I did the pinstripes myself too. Plus I put the cover on the pickguard.
    How did you do the pinstripes? Were they just drawn freehand or did you spend ages lining up masking tape?
    "T H E R A P Y ? - Music to take your clothes off to"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •