Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a picture of your instrument!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Ah, I see. Have you tried nylon tips?
    Yep, much better, but a little bit more expensive...

Here's a list of the instruments I used to own:

Guitars:
    Ibanez Talman TC-420FLS
    Fender Jaguar CIJ
    Morgan Acoustic
    Fender Classic 60 Strat with SD SSL-3 hot in bridge and Antiguity Texas Hot in neck

I also had an Ibanez RG470 in black.

Drums:
    RMV in Green Sparkle wrap, 10, 12, 14, 16, 20, and a 6x13 Pork Pie maple snare in Kermit Puke Sparkle.
    New Beat hihat, 18" Avedis Medium Crash, 18" Sabian AA Medium Thin Crash, 8" A Custom Splash, 10" A Splash, 20" Paiste Signature Dry Heavy Ride

I don't have the drums, nor the Strat anymore. Live in an apartment now, so I dont have room for the drums. I miss them though. Great past-time activity.

The pictures are frustratingly blurred, but here's my kit (set up at my band's lock up in deepest dirtiest Birmingham). Also, don't you just love my improvised drum throne?

Kit:
    Pearl Export (being the idiot I am, I've completely forgotten sizes, but I guess a 13" rack tom, 16" floor tom, 18"x22" kick drum, 7"x14" snare)
    Cymbals:
    Paiste Signature Dark Crisp Hi Hats 14"
    Paiste 2002 Medium 18"
    Paiste Signature Dry Heavy Ride 21"

I always figured I'd be a Paiste man, but I used a mates Zildjian A-Customs last weekend to record my band's new Ep and I fell immediately in love. I'm giving great thought to investing in some nice new A's.

I play a pearl export aswell, but I have it in racing green. I've gone through so many sets of cymbals though. If they didn't crack then they got stolen. I use Sabians and Paistes at the moment, and I occasionally use a Mapex double kick pedal. I only have quite an old photo of my kit, and I've no idea how to post it straight from my computer. I've only ever posted photos using URL's. Can anyone give me any pointers?
    "T H E R A P Y ? - Music to take your clothes off to"

Yea I got that a few nights ago. Its fucking loud as hell and its so sharp. I really really like it, if I could just find a good place to put it.

Lets see my kit right now:
    -PDP standard beginner shell set - 20" base, 13" and 15" rack toms, 16" floor tom
    -Tama steel piccolo snare 14"
    -Pearl Ash-tone block

Cymbals:
    16" Zildjian Custom K Dark crash - I love this cymbals to death, best buy I've ever made.
    18" Zildjian Custom Z crash - I'm just barrowing this till I buy my own
    20" Sabian Hand Hammered Heavy ride
    14" pair of Sabian Prototype AA Vault Tour Hi-Hats - These things are amazing
    6" Zildjian Sounds Effects Zil-Bell - Selling this if you're intrested. I want to get a Pastie Bell or Sabain Ice Bell

I use a double kick from PDP.

I've got all Remo Sound Control heads and I use Evans damper E-Rings.

I usually use Pro-Mark 5B Jap-Oak sticks. But I usually start out with 2B sticks and move down the line. If I'm really having fun I might go all the way down to 5A sticks, I have those in only Zildjian Dip. And i'd play more with 7A, but I find that I break them way too easily if with the Jap-oak ones, so I don't buy them much anymore. I most use Nyon tips on my sticks, however, with the larger sticks and speciality sticks I use natural wood tips. When im just having fun I use a wide range of sticks: 747 New Generation Rock sticks for fast beats and punk. Zildjian Rock sticks for metal. And a left hand 2B/right hand 747 for expermintal, rock, punk and jazz. I also use a 7A left hand/ Zildjian Rock combo for fast snare and heavy cymbal hitting expermintial/pause beats as well as I guess tribal beats.

Which brings up something, what sticking combonations do you drummers use and for what? And how wide is the range of sticking sizes that you use?

PUT OFF THE FUSS YOU CHICKENSHIT

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I really wanna think this was sarcasm... but I don't remember adombomb ever being much of a sarcastic guy... :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    Turn on - vaginas

Turn off - cox

adom: I use mainly Vic Firth American Classic 5B (wood tip) sticks now. Whenever I can, I get Stagg's though as they're dirt cheap and last forever.

becca: The easiest way I find is to go to www.tinypic.com. There you can upload from your computer and just copy and paste the image tag into the browser. Make sure select the size for message boards before you upload though, otherwise things get a little messy.

This is my new RG4EX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    You are the dumbass! Youre the dumbest fucking dumbass since the beginning of dumbasses

Quote Originally Posted by Unnatural Disaster View Post

This is my new RG4EX1
    Ooooh, nice
    "T H E R A P Y ? - Music to take your clothes off to"

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The pictures are frustratingly blurred, but here's my kit (set up at my band's lock up in deepest dirtiest Birmingham). Also, don't you just love my improvised drum throne?

Kit:
    Pearl Export (being the idiot I am, I've completely forgotten sizes, but I guess a 13" rack tom, 16" floor tom, 18"x22" kick drum, 7"x14" snare)
    Cymbals:
    Paiste Signature Dark Crisp Hi Hats 14"
    Paiste 2002 Medium 18"
    Paiste Signature Dry Heavy Ride 21"

I always figured I'd be a Paiste man, but I used a mates Zildjian A-Customs last weekend to record my band's new Ep and I fell immediately in love. I'm giving great thought to investing in some nice new A's.

Nice cymbals. Like, REALLY nice cymbals. Just do me one favor, though...

GET NEW HEADS FOR YOUR DRUMS!

Especially the bass drum. You'd be surprised how much better they would sound. For an Export, I would recommend the Evans EC2 tom heads and either an EMAD 2 or an Aquarian Superkick II. It will add a completely different life to your drums.

Adombomb- Where did you find a PDP kit with those sizes?

me (minus my head) and my guitar (oldish pic):

My Nothingtown Acoustic Cover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9JblnThVk