Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asperger's syndrome

Default Asperger's syndrome

I had an expert tell me that I have asperger's syndrome yesterday. So there you have it. I am basically retarded. lol.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I had an expert tell me that I have asperger's syndrome yesterday. So there you have it. I am basically retarded. lol.
    Ah.. I had an expert telling me yesterday that I had concentration problem...

Or...

Was it ?

I don't know...

I was looking at his face hair so I can't remember what he said

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Today I told myself I was incredibly handsome.

Someone else was saying something about it to me, but they don't matter...
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

That's OK, Bighead. You're still human.
    I think.

But anyhoo, I actually used to be autistic, but I'm not anymore. Looooooong story. So you too can rejoin normal society, with hard work, morals, and a couple of Ron Paul votes.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    That's OK, Bighead. You're still human.
    I think.

But anyhoo, I actually used to be autistic, but I'm not anymore. Looooooong story. So you too can rejoin normal society, with hard work, morals, and a couple of Ron Paul votes.
    I'm just a little confused I knew that you can be diagnosed with autistic later in life but I didn't know that you could grow out of it. I know you said it was a long story but I'm just curious

I would also like to know that.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...20/5/1162.full

ASDs, similar to other neurodevelopmental disabilities, are generally not “curable,” and chronic management is required. Although outcomes are variable and specific behavioral characteristics change over time, most children with ASDs remain within the spectrum as adults and, regardless of their intellectual functioning, continue to experience problems with independent living, employment, social relationships, and mental health.
    Falling outside of that overwhelming tendency (assuming, of course, a correct initial diagnosis) without providing more information might be seen as a little disingenuous.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

I have Asperger's Syndrome, too. I was diagnosed when I was either 8 or 11, I forget which. It's not easy, but it's what makes me who I am, weird or not.
    Also, if not for my Asperger's Syndrome, I likely would have never had as great an experience at the Offspring concert. Noodles recognized me from the crowd and told everyone who I am, and I got a smile from Greg K. Honestly, I can thank the Asperger's for it. So, how can I look at it in a negative light now?
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 10-17-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    I'm just a little confused I knew that you can be diagnosed with autistic later in life but I didn't know that you could grow out of it. I know you said it was a long story but I'm just curious
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I would also like to know
    Then you shall know. It is, of course, long, but I shall try to describe it well. Any sense of detail would add enough to make this its very own thread, but here goes, in vague timeline form.
    First, I am born. Something's clearly wrong, as I am born with one eye open and am fairly gray. Not particularly sure why, but it's true. I am obviously not a normal kid, as evidenced by strange behavior and a flurry of health issues (autism itself and a myriad of allergies, many of which I still have). I am not sure how I got diagnosed, but at some point I was. My mother ended up moving our family to Georgia (I was born in MA) to attempt to cure me, after some failed attempts in the local area. There, we find several doctors, who offer some potential treatments. We settle on one guy named, for the purpose of the story, Dr. E. I remember a strict regiment of odd stuff, including long sessions in saunas, freezing showers, and lengthy IV needles, which administered certain fluids for sometimes hours. In my current mindset, I would consider it hell, but it ended up doing several good things. First, I made incredible leaps of improvement. Next, (couldn't say how) I was introduced to Godzilla films, something that has stuck with me, except for a brief interval around age 12. Also, it got me to the ATL, which was awesome. But eventually, Dr. E started writing himself prescriptions, and the place was shut down, shortly after we stopped going (we had got so far, and the IVs didn't seem to help much anymore). So we went pretty hardcore alternative medicine. Homeopathics, cold laser, really avant-garde stuff. It helped quite a bit too. Around age 9, I was society-ready. Over the next 7 or do years, we continued to make gains, until people would have no clue that I ever had autism. I feel blessed for the whole experience, odd as it sounds. I feel "awake" because of my journey, as I have introduced to a life that is beautiful, brave, and foreign to most people. I am proud of my journey, even if it might not be completely over (the allergies mostly). And that is how I went from autistic to awakened. Thank you.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

I honestly don't understand how actual medications can "cure" autism. I have never heard of autism being called allergies. I have seasonal allergies and autism, and I see no similarities. Medications help the allergies, but only behavioral therapy and training helped me cope with the autism. Don't get me wrong, the other ailments that often accompany Asperger's syndrome can be managed with medications, but not the AS itself. I am not calling you a liar, I just don't understand.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Autism is incurable. Depending on the type of autism, you can adapt and learn how to function but it never goes away.