Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Asperger's syndrome

So you're saying an expert who is also a doctor actually performed an examination and medically diagnosed you with Aspergers Syndrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    So you're saying an expert who is also a doctor actually performed an examination and medically diagnosed you with Aspergers Syndrome?
    Yes. You seem quite anxious to prove that I don't really have it and am just trying to get attention.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Don't be silly. I can't prove whether or not you've been diagnosed with aspergers. I know you haven't been, and I know it to a moral certainty, because what I can do is spot your clumsy lies of omission and read between the lines, but obviously I can't prove anything, nor would I care to try. I can point it out so that people who skimread your posts will notice what you did and make their own judgements on the matter, but proof? Who cares about proof, this is the internet.

All I wanted is for you to either admit your lie and look stupid, or fully commit to it and be stuck with yet another untruth you'll have to remember to uphold your internet persona, until the day you inevitably forget one of them and accidently let slip what a lying, attention-seeking little shit you are. You've chosen the latter, and I'm happy enough with that outcome.

Don't be silly. I can't prove whether or not you've been diagnosed with aspergers. I know you haven't been, and I know it to a moral certainty, because what I can do is spot your clumsy lies of omission and read between the lines, but obviously I can't prove anything, nor would I care to try. I can point it out so that people who skimread your posts will notice what you did and make their own judgements on the matter, but proof? Who cares about proof, this is the internet.

All I wanted is for you to either admit your lie and look stupid, or fully commit to it and be stuck with yet another untruth you'll have to remember to uphold your internet persona, until the day you inevitably forget one of them and accidently let slip what a lying, attention-seeking little shit you are. You've chosen the latter, and I'm happy enough with that outcome.
    See this guys? If you word your response on a matter eloquently enough, that means your assumption counts more than another persons assumption!

Baldwin: More than just a guy making an assumption
    Last edited by bighead384; 10-31-2012 at 12:04 PM.

To me, Baldwin is one of those people that thinks that being aware of the many shameful things people do to elicit a desired response from others means that he never does any of these types of things himself. The psychology applies to everyone else, but not him. Or at least, the way he's so arrogant and cold when pointing out others flaws gives me that impression. I think everyone does these things to a certain extent, although it can vary a lot from person to person.

Oh, so now I'm pointing out your flaws instead of making wild, baseless assumptions?

Listen bighead, every time somebody tells a story, they tell a much more truthful story with what they don't say, with what words they choose, and with what points they address, or fail to address. Sometimes these stories are all but impossible to read. Sometimes they're so obvious they may as well be written in plain English. You seem to think everyone is obligated to take what you say at face value, so your subtext is laughably easy to read. It's obvious you weren't diagnosed with Aspergers. It's obvious you feel serious resentment towards black people. And it's obvious you have some massive insecurity complex about how intelligent, educated or cultured other people perceive you to be.

All I'm doing is pointing out the obvious, for people who aren't bitter and lonely enough to properly read your bullshit.

Oh, so now I'm pointing out your flaws instead of making wild, baseless assumptions?

Listen bighead, every time somebody tells a story, they tell a much more truthful story with what they don't say, with what words they choose, and with what points they address, or fail to address. Sometimes these stories are all but impossible to read. Sometimes they're so obvious they may as well be written in plain English. You seem to think everyone is obligated to take what you say at face value, so your subtext is laughably easy to read. It's obvious you weren't diagnosed with Aspergers. It's obvious you feel serious resentment towards black people. And it's obvious you have some massive insecurity complex about how intelligent, educated or cultured other people perceive you to be.

All I'm doing is pointing out the obvious, for people who aren't bitter and lonely enough to properly read your bullshit.
    Yeah, cool story bro.

What in the world constitutes a believable explanation of a diagnosis to you? Do I need to submit the address of the doctor I'm seeing? Want me to fax you a doctor's note? What the fuck are you insisting that people normally do when trying to explain that they've legitimately been diagnosed with something other than saying "I was diagnosed with (insert condition here)".
    Last edited by bighead384; 10-31-2012 at 01:14 PM.

First off, "cool story bro" is a dismissive conversation-ender. It's supposed to convey that you don't give a shit about what the other person is saying, and that they just wasted their time saying it. If you say "cool story bro", and then you continue the conversation and ask them questions about their cool story, you look stupid.

Now, you didn't say you'd been diagnosed with Aspergers until after I pressed you into saying it, twice. You said an expert told you that you had it. Just about anyone could be a self-professed expert in any field, and somebody telling you that you have a disease isn't the same thing as a doctor diagnosing you with one. Still, it could have just been vague phrasing on your part, but when I asked whether this expert was a doctor and whether he medically diagnosed you, you replied "it was an expert", completely failing to clarify the nature of this expert and avoiding my question entirely. These are lies of omission ; structuring the sentence to guide people into assuming whatever you want them to believe, without actually explicitly stating it. That way if you get busted on a lie, you can fall back on the old "I never said that, you just assumed" defense.

If you still don't understand how I could tell that you weren't really diagnosed, then I give up trying to explain it to you. I honestly don't know how to explain it any simpler.

Still, it could have just been vague phrasing on your part, but when I asked whether this expert was a doctor and whether he medically diagnosed you, you replied "it was an expert", completely failing to clarify the nature of this expert and avoiding my question entirely.
    Not true...

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    But that's what I like about Asperger's. It makes you different enough to get attention, but not different enough that you function as a full on tard.
    You know what, that was a terrible thing to say. I was diagnosed in adolescence and in certain aspects of life, you DO function "as a full on tard," as you so insensitively put it. You don't always want attention; sometimes you just want to blend in with everyone else. I take pride in being unique, but I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb everywhere I go. So I despise what you just said. I'm starting to think you don't actually have it... >,>
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 10-31-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/