Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Asperger's syndrome

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I honestly don't understand how actual medications can "cure" autism. I have never heard of autism being called allergies. I have seasonal allergies and autism, and I see no similarities. Medications help the allergies, but only behavioral therapy and training helped me cope with the autism. Don't get me wrong, the other ailments that often accompany Asperger's syndrome can be managed with medications, but not the AS itself. I am not calling you a liar, I just don't understand.
    I'm not saying that the autism was an allergy. It's just that over the course of my life, I have had to deal with both. I consider them as coming from the same source, a polluted world, but I'm not saying autism is an allergy. If I came across like that, then I apologize. Does that make more sense?
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,675


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    I'm not saying that the autism was an allergy. It's just that over the course of my life, I have had to deal with both. I consider them as coming from the same source, a polluted world, but I'm not saying autism is an allergy. If I came across like that, then I apologize. Does that make more sense?
    Oh, okay! Yeah, I get what you mean now. Thanks for clearing that up.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Oh, okay! Yeah, I get what you mean now. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Excellent. Glad I could make more sense.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    629


    Default

    Eh, I wouldn't take it too ultra-seriously. This is just the ADD/ADHD of the 2000s/2010s, the go-to diagnosis of convenience.

    Be a little wary if they're pushing medication and such, man, unless it's some serious thing and you feel you're not functioning day-to-day, the side effects probably aren't worth even entertaining the idea. This stuff backflips every decade or so, like with the Ritalin thing of the 90s. "Oh, oops. Guess you weren't hyperactive after all, you were just being a kid. Mai badz, sory bro."

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    What exactly so you mean by that? If you're talking to me, please explain. If you're talking to bighead, nevermind.
    Bighead, just take some homeopathics and call me in the morning.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,675


    Default

    I literally grew up on welbutrin; who knows what damage that did to me? So, yeah, be careful what medications you take long-term.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,369


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't take it too ultra-seriously. This is just the ADD/ADHD of the 2000s/2010s, the go-to diagnosis of convenience.
    I don't know about this. I could be wrong because I'm not that knowledgeable on the subject. But to me, there's a very clear demonstrable difference with how a person functions in the world when they have Asperger's compared to ADD. People with ADD just seem to be a little out of line at times. People with Asperger's have legitimate difficulties functioning in society when it comes to their social life and career and whatnot.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,675


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't know about this. I could be wrong because I'm not that knowledgeable on the subject. But to me, there's a very clear demonstrable difference with how a person functions in the world when they have Asperger's compared to ADD. People with ADD just seem to be a little out of line at times. People with Asperger's have legitimate difficulties functioning in society when it comes to their social life and career and whatnot.
    Trust me, there's a difference. There's even a difference between having ADD and having ADHD.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    425


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I had an expert tell me that I have asperger's syndrome yesterday.
    Just out of curiosity, was this 'expert' an actual doctor who actually diagnosed you with aspergers syndrome, or was it just some self-diagnosed aspie-pride faggot you chat with over the internet who decided you sound like you have aspergers and you thought that announcing it to everyone would get you lots of attention, so long as you phrased it so that everyone would assume it was a legitimate medical diagnosis?

    Because your phrasing leaves both possibilities open, and I'm betting on the latter.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,369


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Just out of curiosity, was this 'expert' an actual doctor who actually diagnosed you with aspergers syndrome, or was it just some self-diagnosed aspie-pride faggot you chat with over the internet who decided you sound like you have aspergers and you thought that announcing it to everyone would get you lots of attention, so long as you phrased it so that everyone would assume it was a legitimate medical diagnosis?

    Because your phrasing leaves both possibilities open, and I'm betting on the latter.
    No, it was an expert.

    But that's what I like about Asperger's. It makes you different enough to get attention, but not different enough that you function as a full on tard.

    I would never use that to my advantage though, that would be pathetic. Unless of course, I felt like it one time.

    Also, Bill Gates has Asperger's. Bill Gates is the richest man in the world. Therefore, I too will be rich: http://www.aspergershq.com/bill-gates-aspergers/
    Last edited by bighead384; 10-31-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •