Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Live Songs vs Album Versions (yes, I'm serious)

The Future is Now is way better live then on the album

Quote Originally Posted by BagOfShenanigans View Post
    I thought it was generally accepted that Kristy, are you doing okay? was exceptionally better live. Or has the bandwagon council reached a new consensus?
    I think it's better on the album and I have seen it played live 6 times
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 10-19-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    The Future is Now is way better live then on the album
    Oh, yeah, it is. I think Turning Into You is, as well. They are both more intense live. And, again, I'm a sucker for all songs where Greg K sings. XP
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    You mean like when they play in a club, like a bar?
    Exactly. By 'they' I meant the DJ played it.
    * !

This is a great topic to discuss.
    The problem of some live songs its that the mayor part of them are a half-tone down. And ssome critical songs that changed a lot with that are this:
    Yggfk: when they played at kroq festival (if I remember well) they played with same standard tone of the album and song sounds very energetic and even better than the album, but then the rest of the shows that they played again the tone was down, and now it doesn't haver enought energy for me.
    /0 + slim Pickens: same case of yggfk I was very impressed the first time that they played, and now it doesn't sound good, plus dexter stops to sing the "WHOOOoooOOO" of the chorus.

But some song are way better with a lower tone, have you ever it's just epic, just like self esteem, the kids aren't alright, dammit I changed again, and some others.

Exactly! Some of the songs don't sound very good toned down. It just changes the mood of the whole song. But in others, it's not very noticeable or it adds energy to it. The Kid Aren't Alright is a prime example of this. After all, it's not an upbeat song, it's just catchy.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Hmm, that's interesting. I agree that it's difficult for Dexter to hit the right notes in Hammerhead live, but I can't get over how cool the guitars sound from the bass solo to the end. What won me over most, though, about Hammerhead live is the backing vocals in this one. They are honestly some of the smoothest backing vocals I've heard from them. The harmony from Greg K's higher vocals and Noodles' lower vocals is amazing.
    Wasn't this one auto-tuned?

Either way, I agree that certain songs don't sound so powerful tuned down. But I do enjoy their "raw" live performances.

I like Want You Bad, Killboy Powerhead, Lightning Rod and Secrets from the Underground better live. There are probably more i like but those are the ones that come to mind. Songs i really don't like live are O.C Guns (don't like the album one either), Cruising California. Other than that honestly, i don't mind any song live i like most of the songs live.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

yeah there are some songs that I don't like how they play them live, but it's not like i hate it or that it sucks !
    I could name maybe You are Gonna go far Kid, I really don't like that one.

But on the other hand there are many more songs that I prefer to listen to them live than in the studio, like Bad Habit, Genocide, Session, Have You Ever and Self Esteem cause they are crowd fav's and makes you wanna jump right away. Hell I even like Pretty Fly live version much more than studio one

Quote Originally Posted by _Way_Down_the_Line_ View Post

But on the other hand there are many more songs that I prefer to listen to them live than in the studio, like Bad Habit, Genocide, Session, Have You Ever and Self Esteem cause they are crowd fav's and makes you wanna jump right away. Hell I even like Pretty Fly live version much more than studio one
    I agree, songs like Bad Habit, Pretty Fly, Self Esteem, or any of the singles are better live because of the crowds being so much into it.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana