Thread: They're playing Secrets from the Underground at the Bengals/Steelers game.

Hybrid View

Default They're playing Secrets from the Underground at the Bengals/Steelers game.

I was watching the game and could hear the stadium's speakers through the TV. It was cool to hear that! The NFL seems to like the Offspring. I think they've used their songs for a few things recently.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

I think one of their songs was used for a tennis ad on ESPN a few years ago, too. And didn't the NFL use "Defy You" for something a long time ago?
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

When I go to Royals games at least once a game when a player gets a hit they play the first few seconds of Hit That, which is such an obscure reference I wonder if I'm the only one that gets it.
    Offspring Shows (inspired by Supa)
    May 8th 2001 - Springfield Mo
    May 15th 2004 - Cincinnati OH
    May 19th 2004 - Columbus OH
    June 11th 2005 - Louisville KY
    May 22nd 2009 - Kansas City Mo
    May 25th 2009 - Sioux City IA
    July 2nd 2010 - St Louis Mo
    July 3rd 2010 - Kansas City Mo
    July 20th 2012 - St Louis Mo
    May 11th, 2014 - Des Moines IA

Quote Originally Posted by sneedo83 View Post
    When I go to Royals games at least once a game when a player gets a hit they play the first few seconds of Hit That, which is such an obscure reference I wonder if I'm the only one that gets it.
    Haha, I think I heard about that before. That's awesome!
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Way back in the day I was at a Hurricanes game and they played "Walla Walla" when a guy got sent to the penalty box. I'm pretty sure I was the only person in the stadium that got the reference.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

They put Hammerhead in one Madden soundtrack a couple years back. They really do like the Offspring. Which is mighty fine by me.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    I was watching the game and could hear the stadium's speakers through the TV. It was cool to hear that! The NFL seems to like the Offspring. I think they've used their songs for a few things recently.
    I heard that! My husband & I were watching the game (the Bengals are our team, even though they suck) & it came on & I nearly jumped outta my chair (quite comical). I told Gerald "that's The Offspring!! That's my song!!!"

He likes The Offspring too! But not as much as I do.