Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'd like to hear Dexter talk some science.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    he should talk about it in a new offspring.com podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Greg knows everything, as he is the creator of everything.
    I agree with cool to hate.

Jojan, Greg is anything and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Well, considering how many stars are in each galaxy, how many galaxies there are in the universe, and how many planets we have already found, it's a statistical impossibility that Earth is the only habitable planet. There's even a possibility that there are microbes living in the clouds of Venus. Enceladus has ice geysers and has liquid water under its icy surface. Europa has a deep water ocean under its ice crust, which would serve as protection from solar radiation to the cellular structure of any life that would be there. Titan is like a cold version of earth, where methane takes the place of water and water-ice takes the place of rock, and there are plenty of other places in the solar system that have organic compounds incorporated into their chemical make-up, and others with water under their surfaces.
    ...my point is, Dexter has a good point by believing in extra-terrestrial life.
    There's actually something called the Drake equation. It takes stats from the universe, combines them with conjectures, and predicts how many alien planets there are. I did it one day with my brother and my dad, and we came up with the notion that our universe has 5 habitable planets. Interesting
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    There's actually something called the Drake equation. It takes stats from the universe, combines them with conjectures, and predicts how many alien planets there are. I did it one day with my brother and my dad, and we came up with the notion that our universe has 5 habitable planets. Interesting
    did Daddy also tell you it is also retarded to talk about shit you know knowing about in public?

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    First of all, I just looked up the Drake equation, and it's used for estimating, not concluding, how many intelligent civilizations there are in the Milky Way Galaxy, not how many habitable planets there are in the universe. Life doesn't have to build telescopes and space ships to be considered life. Life doesn't have to be constituted of the same chemicals as our own biological chemistry and there are galaxies out of our detectable range that we will never be able to know about. Due to new discoveries of galaxies and planets, the factors in the Drake equation would be changing all the time and you can't know those numbers for sure because we can't see them all.
    Technically, all other planets are alien planets.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    First of all, I just looked up the Drake equation, and it's used for estimating, not concluding, how many intelligent civilizations there are in the Milky Way Galaxy, not how many habitable planets there are in the universe. Life doesn't have to build telescopes and space ships to be considered life. Life doesn't have to be constituted of the same chemicals as our own biological chemistry and there are galaxies out of our detectable range that we will never be able to know about. Due to new discoveries of galaxies and planets, the factors in the Drake equation would be changing all the time and you can't know those numbers for sure because we can't see them all.
    Technically, all other planets are alien planets.
    ^ not listening to her will result in getting your interweb ego raped.