Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Products that I use

Hybrid View

Default Sleep Products that I use

http://www.drinkdreamwater.com/

I love this product and melatonin in general (which Dream Water contains). I don't think I've had trouble sleeping since I started drinking it. It's a bit expensive unless you buy in bulk or find a coupon though.

Sleep Cycle (alarm clock app): http://www.sleepcycle.com/
    How it works (from site): During the night you go from light sleep to deep sleep, occasionally entering into a dream state which is called REM-sleep. These are things that your normal alarm clock does not care about, and will go off at the set time regardless of whether you are in a light sleep phase or in the deepest sleep. However, since you move differently in bed during the different phases, the Sleep Cycle alarm clock is able to use the accelerometer in your iPhone to monitor your movement and determine which sleep phase you are in. Sleep Cycle then uses a 30 minute alarm window that ends at your set alarm time and wakes you in your lightest sleep phase.

Breathe Rite Advanced:http://www.breatheright.com/products/advanced
    My Jojan Joke Predictor is showing a post with either a picture of a bed or just the phrase "a bed".
    Last edited by bighead384; 10-27-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I hope you know that if you take melatonin, your brain will stop producing its own.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I hope you know that if you take melatonin, your brain will stop producing its own.
    Shit. I didn't fucking know that.

Hmm, well, I'm still getting the best sleep of my life. So I guess there isn't a problem yet, and it's been like 6 months since I started using it.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Shit. I didn't fucking know that.

Hmm, well, I'm still getting the best sleep of my life. So I guess there isn't a problem yet, and it's been like 6 months since I started using it.
    Yeah, your brain becomes dependent on the outside source and stops producing its own, so when you stop taking the outside source, you have more trouble sleeping than before you started. I know because I took it as a child for a couple months, but I stopped when I found out about what it does.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.

It's true. True of any hormone you take that your body produces naturally. It's very easy to become "addicted" to Melatonin for that reason.

I used to take sleep aids - I've tried many (Melatonin, Ambien, Unisom, some Austrian one I don't remember the name of, and a couple other US prescription ones I don't remember the names of). I still have sleep problems, but I don't take sleep aids anymore for two reasons. One is because of the dependence/addiction, as Melissa described, and the other is because the sleep you get slowly becomes less and less refreshing/real. It becomes almost artificial after time. So now I only use a sleep aid (just a very low dose of Melatonin - the other sleep aids I've taken were far stronger) now and then when I really, really need to get to sleep. That's a couple times a year now.

Oh, and that Sleep Cycle thing doesn't work unless you know exactly when you fall asleep (not when you go to bed - if you lie in bed for just 10 or 15 minutes before falling asleep, it's useless). Plus, most of us wake up in the middle of the night without even realizing/remembering it (any time you remember a dream, it means you woke up during it), which also throws the whole thing off. The only way it would work would be if you set the alarm like 1 minute before falling asleep, and slept through those hours entirely without waking up even once. It could work maybe one out of 100 times - when you're super, super beyond exhausted.
    Last edited by Llamas; 10-27-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I've tried Melatonin,Unisom, and ZZZQuil. None of them worked for me. It sucks. Even when my sinuses are acting or have a cold and I take some medicine before I go to sleep it doesn't help me sleep. Oh how I love my insomnia.

Peppermint tea and melatonin tablets from Trader Joe's are probably cheaper than that Dream Water shot stuff. But like everyone's saying, you don't want to eff too much with your natural melatonin production. (I am melatonin-challenged in a big way, but I try to rely mainly on my prescriptions for sleep, as I have for the last 8 or 9 years. I've taken a melatonin tablet a couple times a week for the last couple weeks, though.)

Have you seen a doctor about your sleep difficulties? My raging, out of control insomnia was one of my first symptoms of a much larger medical syndrome.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post

Have you seen a doctor about your sleep difficulties? My raging, out of control insomnia was one of my first symptoms of a much larger medical syndrome.
    No I haven't I know I should though. I have a drs appointment next month so I'll probably say something then. How I look at it is that I been dealing with this for years and it's normal for me not to sleep but it has been getting worse.

You guys aren't alone in this sleep problem issue. I've had trouble falling asleep since I was a baby. At age 4 I would have bedtime at 7pm and be up until 10 or 11 and I survived on 4 hours of sleep a night during the week throughout high school. Once I'm asleep, I stay asleep and don't want to wake up, but I'd be up until 5-7am or even up all night and the next day if I didn't take ambien. But after months of taking it, you build a tolerance, so I am going to switch back to trazadone for my next script.

P.S. I once stayed up for 72 hours straight, working 36 of those hours, then slept for 30 hours, waking up only to go to the bathroom and drink some water.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    No I haven't I know I should though. I have a drs appointment next month so I'll probably say something then. How I look at it is that I been dealing with this for years and it's normal for me not to sleep but it has been getting worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    You guys aren't alone in this sleep problem issue. I've had trouble falling asleep since I was a baby. At age 4 I would have bedtime at 7pm and be up until 10 or 11 and I survived on 4 hours of sleep a night during the week throughout high school. Once I'm asleep, I stay asleep and don't want to wake up, but I'd be up until 5-7am or even up all night and the next day if I didn't take ambien. But after months of taking it, you build a tolerance, so I am going to switch back to trazadone for my next script.
    Same thing for me. I ignored my insomnia because it was just a part of my life, until I stopped sleeping altogether. The hallucinations after several days of no sleep...not recommended. Don't let it get that far!

Melyssa, I did the same thing when I was a kid. When I was 4, my mom didn't know what to do with me because I kept getting out of bed so she let me watch Twin Peaks with her. Probably explains a lot.

Oh, Ambien...I took it twice. Made crazy phone calls and tried walking out of my dorm both times. I have no memory of any of it. I take Lyrica for fibromyalgia and a muscle relaxant every night for 8 or 9 years and I've slept pretty regularly every since.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street