Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your experience meeting the Offspring and/or seeing them live in concert.

You can't actually see me because of the angle, but you can see Noodles handing someone Greg K's cup and then hear me scream WOOOOOOO then interrupt myself by screaming "thank you!" like a hyperactive moron once he hands it to me when the songs ends at 4:15.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    Which time? Backstage? At a certain bar? Concerts? Hangouts?
    Am I like the only one that actually believes you've met the guys!!!!

It took forever for the person who uploaded these to upload them, for some reason, but I found these several days ago. The beginning of this one's the last part of Noodles' speech mentioning Greg K after he pointed me out, I showed Greg my sign and he smiled and waved to me. Noodles even referenced my "Greg K is badass because..." fan page!

And, thanks to this video, I now know which of the photos I took at the concert was taken during the bass solo of "Have You Ever." I take the photo around 0:30.

Here is the photo.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

1 members appreciate this post.

I think I am probably the luckiest motherfucker in the world... I have had so many great stories, I couldn't possibly fit them all here... If you want to hear more listen to the BBS podcasts, they always ask about stuff like that there when I am the guest.

There are a few that do come to mind that really stand out...

(...)
    I wrote down a bunch of stories, but I don't wanna be called an asshole that brags... should I really share them?
    (...)

These are all great, but the one thing I am the most fortunate for is having seen this band many dozen times and just experiencing and witnessing one of (if not the) best artists perform, and being able to enjoy their art for the better part of 20 years now. And seeing them live and listening to their music is a chance nearly everyone gets... and those two are the best parts of my experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    I think I am probably the luckiest motherfucker in the world... I have had so many great stories, I couldn't possibly fit them all here... If you want to hear more listen to the BBS podcasts, they always ask about stuff like that there when I am the guest.

There are a few that do come to mind that really stand out...

(...)
    I wrote down a bunch of stories, but I don't wanna be called an asshole that brags... should I really share them?
    (...)

These are all great, but the one thing I am the most fortunate for is having seen this band many dozen times and just experiencing and witnessing one of (if not the) best artists perform, and being able to enjoy their art for the better part of 20 years now. And seeing them live and listening to their music is a chance nearly everyone gets... and those two are the best parts of my experiences.
    Yes you should share your stories. They have even namedropped you during shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    Yes you should share your stories. They have even namedropped you during shows.
    I just don't want people to lose their shit with me... it's happened before, and I don't want to offend anyone

I just don't want people to lose their shit with me... it's happened before, and I don't want to offend anyone
    How could this possibly offend anyone? Unless one of your stories is you and Dexter sitting and shittalking about bighead after a show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    How could this possibly offend anyone? Unless one of your stories is you and Dexter sitting and shittalking about bighead after a show.
    We haven't talked shit about anybody yet I don't think... ok well here it goes... If someone comes at me, I will blame you :P

These were the few that quickly came to mind... great times..

-One was when Noodles said I wrote beheaded during a gig... that was fun.
    -I sang back up vocals on Session once
    -They screamed out "This one's for Oxygene" during why don't you get a job at the first (and thus far only) gig ever in my home town (it was really weird seeing the Offspring and just taking a taxi home to sleep in my own bed... I could get used to that btw... ) I also got to go on stage and threw T-shirts into the crowd before Americana
    -Dexter gave me his own All Access tour pass (this was the second time I met them ever) on the opening night of a European tour... this was the only time I almost broke into tears.
    -Dexter invited me on stage at a festival to watch Joe Strummer with him.
    -Noodles and Dexter both wore Offspring shirts I gave them as gifts at my first hometown show that had a special Offspring Co1 skull superimposed over the Hungarian flag on them.
    -I got to sign Half-Truism with Noodles as he was warming up before a gig... twice.
    -I got an "Even Jesus Hates Creed" shirt from Dexter, I really love that fucking thing!

We haven't talked shit about anybody yet I don't think... ok well here it goes... If someone comes at me, I will blame you :P

These were the few that quickly came to mind... great times..

-One was when Noodles said I wrote beheaded during a gig... that was fun.
    -I sang back up vocals on Session once
    -They screamed out "This one's for Oxygene" during why don't you get a job at the first (and thus far only) gig ever in my home town (it was really weird seeing the Offspring and just taking a taxi home to sleep in my own bed... I could get used to that btw... ) I also got to go on stage and threw T-shirts into the crowd before Americana
    -Dexter gave me his own All Access tour pass (this was the second time I met them ever) on the opening night of a European tour... this was the only time I almost broke into tears.
    -Noodles and Dexter both wore Offspring shirts I gave them as gifts at my first hometown show that had a special Offspring Co1 skull superimposed over the Hungarian flag on them.
    -I got to sign Half-Truism with Noodles as he was warming up before a gig... twice.
    -I got an "Even Jesus Hates Creed" shirt from Dexter, I really love that fucking thing!
    Wow, those are amazing times, you're the luckiest man in the world in my eyes, and they confirm as the best band!

I hate you.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?