Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 68

Thread: Your experience meeting the Offspring and/or seeing them live in concert.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,565


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I very almost met Dexter. He was signing stuff after their gig in Manchester but I was too far back the line
    However, seeing them was great. I went to see them at Pukkelpop in Belgium in 2009, and got the flight to Manchester from Brussels to see them later in the week there.
    Much preferred the Manchester gig as it was a lot smaller and could actually get reasonably close, but both were really great.
    One of my favourite parts of the UK gig was there was some little boy, about 10, on someone's shoulders singing along to all the songs. Pretty cute.

    Here's some photos:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3048985...7622170483556/
    That's so cute, the boy singing along. Hey, who are the other guys in those photos besides Dexter and Noodles?
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    People's Republic of Cork
    Posts
    1,871


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    That's so cute, the boy singing along. Hey, who are the other guys in those photos besides Dexter and Noodles?
    Oh, for some reason I put in pictures of one of the support bands. Think they were called Broadway Calls or something!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,565


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Oh, for some reason I put in pictures of one of the support bands. Think they were called Broadway Calls or something!
    It's okay. I was just wondering.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Prague, CZ
    Posts
    841


    Default

    I will always remember meeting them for the first time. Talking to Dexter about The Meaning of Life and how my dream came true hearing the song live, Noodles being surprised I have Ignition cassette booklet and how Greg made a joke while he was signing my CO1 wallpaper with smaller poster of Dexter underneath it and we laughed together That day was epic, not sure if anything will ever top that show.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DTLA -The city of angels
    Posts
    731


    Default

    Which time? Backstage? At a certain bar? Concerts? Hangouts?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    406


    Default

    i was only able to see them once. i jumped on stage at the end of geniocide, it was pretty awesome. i think i might of slightly brushed up against noodles.. i was on stage a good 10-15 seconds, and yesterday i talked to them on rockline.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    139


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I bet Noodles said stuff that made you laugh, didn't he?
    Oh absolutely!! I loved how Dexter & Noodles interacted with the audience in 1999! It was such a fantastic show! That was the first time I saw them live.

    The second time was 2004. I was really far back at that one. It was the Jammin' on Main Festival in Cincinnati.

    The 3rd time was June 2009. It was at an outdoor pavilion in Cincinnati. I was on the lawn, but had a great view. They sounded awesome at that show!!

    It's time I go to another Offspring show!! I wanted to go to the Columbus, Ohio & Indianapolis, Indiana shows recently, but I couldn't get the time off work.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,565


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    I will always remember meeting them for the first time. Talking to Dexter about The Meaning of Life and how my dream came true hearing the song live, Noodles being surprised I have Ignition cassette booklet and how Greg made a joke while he was signing my CO1 wallpaper with smaller poster of Dexter underneath it and we laughed together That day was epic, not sure if anything will ever top that show.
    That sounds amazing. I'm glad they are such nice guys. What was Greg's joke? Do you remember?
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,565


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smileemptysoul44 View Post
    i was only able to see them once. i jumped on stage at the end of geniocide, it was pretty awesome. i think i might of slightly brushed up against noodles.. i was on stage a good 10-15 seconds, and yesterday i talked to them on rockline.
    Haha, nice. I missed the show because Sandy knocked out my power, so I didn't hear your question, but I was the one who asked Noodles about his duct tape guitar. :3
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Prague, CZ
    Posts
    841


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    That sounds amazing. I'm glad they are such nice guys. What was Greg's joke? Do you remember?
    Well of course, he pointed at the CO1 wallpaper and he was like "that's cool", then he pointed at the Dexter poster and was like "but what the hell is this?!" Here's Greg signing the Ignition booklet https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...12444698_n.jpg

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •