Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Your experience meeting the Offspring and/or seeing them live in concert.

I am really happy of the band, now I just discovered for example that for Alter bridge exists a VIP ticket which costs 4 times the normal one which gives you a meet and greet, picture and pass... such a robbery to fans!
    Offspring meet and greet are free, maybe rare or difficoult to get, but at least they don't steal our money, or let the management steal our money. I love how they are down-earthed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    I am really happy of the band, now I just discovered for example that for Alter bridge exists a VIP ticket which costs 4 times the normal one which gives you a meet and greet, picture and pass... such a robbery to fans!
    Offspring meet and greet are free, maybe rare or difficoult to get, but at least they don't steal our money, or let the management steal our money. I love how they are down-earthed!
    Bon Jovi front part tickets cost 500 euros...

Are they? I heard that they cost a lot of money.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    I think I am probably the luckiest motherfucker in the world... I have had so many great stories, I couldn't possibly fit them all here... If you want to hear more listen to the BBS podcasts, they always ask about stuff like that there when I am the guest.

There are a few that do come to mind that really stand out...

(...)
    I wrote down a bunch of stories, but I don't wanna be called an asshole that brags... should I really share them?
    (...)

These are all great, but the one thing I am the most fortunate for is having seen this band many dozen times and just experiencing and witnessing one of (if not the) best artists perform, and being able to enjoy their art for the better part of 20 years now. And seeing them live and listening to their music is a chance nearly everyone gets... and those two are the best parts of my experiences.
    Psh, go ahead! It's not bragging if it really happened!
    Wow, you saw them a LOT. It's true, they put on amazing shows and even if the set list is similar, the experience is never the same.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    Bon Jovi front part tickets cost 500 euros...
    there are a lot of expensive tickets of course, for me is the idea of having to pay to meet the band that is ridiculous...usually you get radio contests, some fan club contest and things like that...

1 members appreciate this post.

Seen:
    Apr 16 97, Wolverhampton, UK
    Jan 12 99, Nottingham, UK
    Aug 29 99, Reading, UK
    Nov 13 99, London, UK
    Dec 05 00, Toronto, ON
    Some Random Top Of The Pops filming some time in 99/00, London, UK
    Jan 20 01, London, UK
    Jan 21 01, London, UK
    Aug 25 02, Reading, UK
    Nov 15 03 (CD:UK filming), London, UK
    Jun 14, 08, Donington Park, UK
    Jun 05 12, London, UK
    Jun 06 12, London, UK

Met Dexter and Noodles Nov 13 99, the TOTP filming, Nov 15 03 and Jun 05 12. Met Greg (very briefly) and Ron Nov 15 03, and met Pete Jun 05 12. The meet at the Nov 13 99 show was thanks to Oxy, the meet at the Jun 05 12 show was thanks to Oxy and Tijs.

Edit: realised Ron had left by the CD:UK thing so it must have been at the TOTP one
    Edit 2: actually I'm pretty sure I met Atom at the CD:UK one. I'm forgetful because I am so old.
    Last edited by Britpunk; 05-19-2013 at 04:58 PM.

there are a lot of expensive tickets of course, for me is the idea of having to pay to meet the band that is ridiculous...usually you get radio contests, some fan club contest and things like that...
    Yes, but you have to be very lucky to meet them that way. I guess you can meet them if you have connections. But that's just the way it is. I do agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Yes, but you have to be very lucky to meet them that way. I guess you can meet them if you have connections. But that's just the way it is. I do agree with you.
    You actually do not have to be lucky to meet them. If you want to meet them you have to be pretty unlucky to not be able to.

I have seen them a lot and about 90% of the time they stick around and sign autographs take pictures and exchange pesentries with fans that stuck around.

The sure fire way of meeting them, is a 2 step process:

1) go to multiple shows
    2) hang out by the backstage entrance/exit where the buses etc leave, for a long time

They are either in a rush out due to some commitment the next day, then they will leave either between basically 0 and 45 minutes after getting off the stage. Or they aren't in a hurry, then they usually stay around have a few drinks talk to other bands, their guests, have drinks party with the crew etc. Then it'll sometimes even be 3-4 hours after the show is over.

More often than not, there are STILL fans hanging around.

Very rarerly they will either stay so long that everyone is gone, or they will leave so fast people haven't had a chance to get there (or they have to leave so fast there isn't time to tal to fans for 10-20 mins). But that's the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Psh, go ahead! It's not bragging if it really happened!
    Wow, you saw them a LOT. It's true, they put on amazing shows and even if the set list is similar, the experience is never the same.
    I dunno, some people can get mighty jealous, it's known to have happened before... I guess. Yeah I saw them a lot but there are people who have seen them much more than me, like Mike 911.

This is a list uptill 2009... I should update it, but I won't till the end of the year, I will see them twice in the next 2 weeks then a couple of more times in august, and we'll see the rest of the year...

1/27/99 -- Prague, Czech Republic
    7/23/99 -- Rome, NY
    8/19/99 -- Vienna, Wiesen
    9/4/99 -- Bologna, Italy
    11/13/99 -- London, UK
    12/15/00 -- Washington, DC
    12/16/00 -- Philadelphia, PA
    12/17/00 -- New York, NY
    12/18/00 -- New York, NY
    1/28/01 -- Ljubljana, Slovenia
    2/1/01 -- Treviso, Italy
    6/19/01 -- Prague, Czech Republic
    11/18/03 -- Paris, France
    2/29/04 -- Zagreb, Croatia
    3/2/04 -- Vienna, Austria
    3/6/04 -- Stockholm, Sweden
    6/10/08 -- Paris, France
    7/4/08 -- Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
    7/5/08 -- Sopron, Hungary
    11/30/08 -- Berlin, Germany
    8/15/09 -- Terchova, Slovakia
    8/16/09 -- Budapest, Hungary
    8/20/09 -- Kiewit, Belgium
    8/21/09 -- Lüdinghausen, Germany
    8/22/09 -- Erfurt-Hohenfelden, Germany
    9/4/09 -- Wiesen, Austria
    9/5/09 -- Zagreb, Croatia

I caught a few songs at Sydney's soundwave this year, and I was impressed! Even Hit That (which is a song that I don't really like) sounded absolutely amazing live. Dexter's vocals easily beat Tom and Mark's from blink and Pete really compliments them. The only thing I didn't like was the mixing, there was too much bass overtone and not enough crunch from the guitar, but it was a huge stadium, and blink sounded absolutely shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by lousyskater View Post
    the offspring pretty much copied the vandals song too much drama.

http://killamedic.bandcamp.com/releases
    A new era of punk rock, and a hotplate!
    But seriously, check out this band, if you're on the BSS, you'll love em!