Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Your experience meeting the Offspring and/or seeing them live in concert.

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by selfDemanDeD View Post

Well, having a largest community on VK payed off 6 years after I created it, so I got the change to meet the guys, greet them, have a sign and a couple of photos.

The nice thing was after the gig, when I found out that guys are riding the same train from Moscow to St.-P. as I (and some more fans) am. We went to them, found Dexter and Noodles smoking and people did a little signing and shooting, while I talked to Noodles a bit. But then the angry russian security guard came and chased us out. Well, I understand perfectly that the band members were tired, so I wouldn't even try to bother them after they finished their cigarretes... but the guard was a dumb rude f@cker, so he didn't care.

In the morning we (and about 20 more fans, who came to the railway station after finding out about The Offspring on the train) had a chance to sign/shoot/converse a little more, so we did.

One of the funny things:

While I'm glade to have met them, I really would like to have another chance in a more relaxed atmosphere, because the most interesting thing for me is to communicate with people, who write the songs I love and respect.
    Was this at the Moscow meet and greet?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    Yeah, that's right.

Quote Originally Posted by selfDemanDeD View Post
    Yeah, that's right.
    Hm... ok... you were towards the end right?

Hm... ok... you were towards the end right?
    Hmm, more like in the middle, actually. After the girl with the embroidered skull as a present.

Getting there early is also a good tactic, but that sometimes means super early, like early afternoon.. so I suggest staying after, also afterwards if they have time they are sort of prepared for that... earlier it's less likely for them to run into fans, so it may catch them off guard so have sharpies and things to sign
    I was really hoping Greg would be able to sign my drawing but I never got to see them after the show. Some stage hand asked to have the sign/drawing in exchange for picks when he went to put the equipment on the stage away (I guess.) I have no idea why he wanted it and he wouldn't tell me. It really caught me off guard and I was really processing what he said, but I couldn't bear to part with the drawing, seeing as how I had still hoped to meet them by the bus. I still wonder why he wanted it?
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Nope. But I think that'd be dope to meet them and see them.

You actually do not have to be lucky to meet them. If you want to meet them you have to be pretty unlucky to not be able to.

I have seen them a lot and about 90% of the time they stick around and sign autographs take pictures and exchange pesentries with fans that stuck around.

The sure fire way of meeting them, is a 2 step process:

1) go to multiple shows
    2) hang out by the backstage entrance/exit where the buses etc leave, for a long time

They are either in a rush out due to some commitment the next day, then they will leave either between basically 0 and 45 minutes after getting off the stage. Or they aren't in a hurry, then they usually stay around have a few drinks talk to other bands, their guests, have drinks party with the crew etc. Then it'll sometimes even be 3-4 hours after the show is over.

More often than not, there are STILL fans hanging around.

Very rarerly they will either stay so long that everyone is gone, or they will leave so fast people haven't had a chance to get there (or they have to leave so fast there isn't time to tal to fans for 10-20 mins). But that's the exception.

That is completely true..I have paid from$300-500 for meet and greet events (other bands) and I met Axl Rose (fron Guns and Roses) and Good Charlotte(back in the day) just waiting after the concert.

I love this picture!!!