Thread: The Pyschology of the Ultra-Rich

Hybrid View

Default The Pyschology of the Ultra-Rich

What do you think it's like for the folks at the top when they think about the consequences of the amount of wealth they own? Do most of them feel some sort of guilt? Or do you think most of them insist that they earned it and shouldn't feel guilty about it? I wonder how often they think about the power they have to save multiple lives with like 0.083% of their total wealth?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    What do you think it's like for the folks at the top when they think about the consequences of the amount of wealth they own? Do most of them feel some sort of guilt? Or do you think most of them insist that they earned it and shouldn't feel guilty about it? I wonder how often they think about the power they have to save multiple lives with like 0.083% of their total wealth?
    Honestly I don't see them feeling any guilt. I feel like they feel that they earned it so why feel guilty? It's their's and they can do whateve they want. No reason to feel guilty.

Some people with money they don't want to spend too much/ give it away. Others don't care about spending it/ giving it away. All depends.

There has to be a point when guilt does play into it. It all depends how they got uber wealthy though. From what I have seen, those that actually made their millions...billions through their own hard work are probably some of the more generous people on the planet. They understand the breaks they may have gotten along the way that actually made them rich. They understand hard work and the fine line between having it all or nothing. Those that inhereted their wealth are some of the most worhtless fucks I have ever seen. They (sometimes) have no concept of the real world and are less caring.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    There has to be a point when guilt does play into it. It all depends how they got uber wealthy though. From what I have seen, those that actually made their millions...billions through their own hard work are probably some of the more generous people on the planet. They understand the breaks they may have gotten along the way that actually made them rich. They understand hard work and the fine line between having it all or nothing. Those that inhereted their wealth are some of the most worhtless fucks I have ever seen. They (sometimes) have no concept of the real world and are less caring.
    I agree with you. It also shows from who donates to charities and helps others, like Roger Federer, or who spends their money on booze and parties and expensive clothes, whoring around, like Paris Hilton. Those who truly know the value of a dollar I think are more likely to give back.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Honestly I think that they are just as selfish as your average person....Most people are selfish as it is, and it just appears to be colder from someone who also has a lot of money. Money has this effect on most of us as we kinda need it to survive.

Slavery to money.
    Last edited by Dulce; 12-09-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    It depends, as long as their money is not sewn into their mattress, I'd hope they know that their money is doing good things, by being invested in companies, that provide jobs, goods, and services to other people.

Unless their money was ill gotten, why should they feel guilty about it.