Thread: Halloween

Hybrid View

Default Halloween

So, what's everyone doing for Halloween? And are you dressing up?

I always find it somewhat strange when places don't celebrate it (well, in Europe, not necessarily more exotic places). I know it's not a big deal in mainland Europe, and here it's quite overshadowed by Christmas, but I love it and try make an effort for it.

This year I'm dressing as Frida Kahlo

We don't celebrate it in Brazil, well not like in USA. Some schools decorate the classrooms, but not more than that.
    It is one thing I would change in here, I think people should celebrate it. Nowadays we dont even have horror movies on TV during halloween anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    It is one thing I would change in here, I think people should celebrate it. Nowadays we dont even have horror movies on TV during halloween anymore.
    That's a pity. I remember every Halloween after trick or treating, sitting down by the fire to watch a scary film...or, well, in my case, a PG rated horror... cause I'm terrible with scary films.

Here in Cork, for about 3 weeks over Halloween they are playing scary films in an old church, which is pretty cool!

That's cool

I always see in movies people going to streets, treat or trick, costumes. I remember feling jealous of them lol
    Some english schools celebrate it, they have kids dressing up and have some kind of party. But mostly for kids.
    It is nice that in USA everyone celebrate it

I have worn an outfit like this the past two years on the schoolday closest to Halloween, and this year would have been EXACTLY on Halloween, but Sandy shut down the power and the college was closed for the third day in a row.
    Two years ago: http://melyssathepunkrocker.devianta...et=24#/d4dfwtb
    Last year: http://melyssathepunkrocker.devianta...13761#/d4e53wq
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

I love halloween I always get excited. I'm dressing up as a saloon girl while I pass out candy. I hope after trick or treat is over a good scary movie is on.

Every Halloween event in my location happened during the weekend and I was unable to assist to any of them, so unless something sprouts out of nowhere all I have is this:

Halloween is postponed in NJ. Now all the pedophilies who requested off from work in advance are screwed.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

This year, I'm dressing up as a dude in jeans and a Red Sox shirt. Should scare the wits out of folks. Or not.
    But I do have a black cat, and she's real excited. She'll be dressing as a black cat.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Still trying to figure out what I'm doing to tonight. Most likely going to a bar with friends and watching some local bands play. I'm gonna be dressing up as a 1920's gangster (it's a bit of a last minute costume because my other costume didn't fall through)