Thread: T-Wolves accused of catering to whites by signing a high percentage of white players

Hybrid View

Default T-Wolves accused of catering to whites by signing a high percentage of white players

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...lves-too-white

I'm not one of those people that overstates things like this so much that it makes it seem like I think white people are the true victims, but this is ridiculous. All this does is make the black community seem like they overuse the race card.

whoops, could a mod edit the title to say "players"?
    Last edited by randman21; 10-31-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Look at the stands...white. Look at Minnesota...white. So they may want a predominently white team...good. Last time I checked it was still a free country. Maybe it's simply good business. At any rate, the last time I saw an NBA game, more than 15% of the players were black, and the number was probably closer to 80%. We need more white people in team sports. Odd isn't it...most individual sports (golf, swimming, bowling, motocross, bicycling, tennis, auto racing, marbles, etc...) are dominated by whites and team sports by black or minorities, except for running. (btw, running is not a sport, it's an alternative to not stealing a car).

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Look at the stands...white. Look at Minnesota...white. So they may want a predominently white team...good. Last time I checked it was still a free country. Maybe it's simply good business. At any rate, the last time I saw an NBA game, more than 15% of the players were black, and the number was probably closer to 80%. We need more white people in team sports. Odd isn't it...most individual sports (golf, swimming, bowling, motocross, bicycling, tennis, auto racing, marbles, etc...) are dominated by whites and team sports by black or minorities, except for running. (btw, running is not a sport, it's an alternative to not stealing a car).
    I just think it's outrageous to think they did it on purpose. Plus, let's be real here: you need black players on your team to do well.

The other thing is, the current diversity of the team leaves white and black fans players to root for that look like them. Which isn't the case for many NBA teams. Isn't that a good thing, and not something to find a problem with?
    Last edited by bighead384; 10-31-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Honestly I really don't care. What would make me happy if the NBA just went away. Basketball is the worst sport ever. Horrible, just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Honestly I really don't care. What would make me happy if the NBA just went away. Basketball is the worst sport ever. Horrible, just horrible.
    It's not my favorite either, but with hockey possibly not happening, I'm trying my hardest to get into it.

I saw this article and I thought it was pretty stupid of that guy to make a big deal out of this. The Pacers have overwhelmingly white teams year after year after year. Actually, the Pacers have overwhelmingly WASPy teams year after year after year (whereas many of the T-Wolves' white players are mainland European or South American) and no one seems to care. It's very clear that they're assembling these teams in order to contend with the fanbase that grew up with Hoosiers and Larry Bird and view Indiana as a breeding ground of fundamental, traditional basketball. How else can they explain drafting homegrown products like Tyler Hansbrough and Miles Fucking Plumlee way the fuck ahead of their projected draft spots? By contrast, this is the first season I'm aware of that the Timberwolves have ever had an exceptionally white roster. Where was this guy before?

Now, I almost decided not to reply to this thread, bighead, because I didn't want you to make a big deal out of my opinion, but yes, I agree that the Minneapolis civil rights guy or whatever was out of line. I will encourage you to please view me as an ally the next time you get excited about proving that BLAK PPL R MOAR RACIST THAN WITE PPL OMG RITE. I will encourage you to convince yourself that just because I believe that one irrelevant guy in Minneapolis made a baseless accusation, that I believe all black people are honkey-hating racists and the white man has an impossible life here in Obama's America.

And basketball is awesome, fuck da haterz.
    Last edited by XYlophonetreeZ; 10-31-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Now, I almost decided not to reply to this thread, bighead, because I didn't want you to make a big deal out of my opinion, but yes, I agree that the Minneapolis civil rights guy or whatever was out of line. I will encourage you to please view me as an ally the next time you get excited about proving that BLAK PPL R MOAR RACIST THAN WITE PPL OMG RITE. I will encourage you to convince yourself that just because I believe that one irrelevant guy in Minneapolis made a baseless accusation, that I believe all black people are honkey-hating racists and the white man has an impossible life here in Obama's America.
    You jackass. I pointed out in the first post (which was I think two sentences) that I am not of this belief that you describe. I'll admit, I am of the belief that it's a bit extraordinary how often blacks lack manners in public (regardless of the reasons that cause this). But I've never said anything that suggests that I think blacks are more racist than whites, or that whites are greater victims of racism than blacks.

Yeah, you did point it out. The thing is, it's patently untrue. A very significant percentage of your posts contain some form of race-baiting bullshit.

If you've never made that specific accusation, then fine, but the general air of negativity towards black people that pervades your posts probably swayed me to make a fully reasonable assumption.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"