Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't actually have Asperger's

I don't know you, so how am I to know whether you are the type to have ulterior motives or not? Just coming out and saying that you never actually had it after all that was previously said is obviously going to make people think you were being a flat-out liar. I just thought you were making light of the whole thing. Besides, when you first said you have it, you said you were "basically retarded." Aspies NEVER call themselves retarded, so I had my reasons for thinking what I did. I never jump to conclusions about other people, and the way you handled this situation is questionable.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I don't know you, so how am I to know whether you are the type to have ulterior motives or not? Just coming out and saying that you never actually had it after all that was previously said is obviously going to make people think you were being a flat-out liar. I just thought you were making light of the whole thing. Besides, when you first said you have it, you said you were "basically retarded." Aspies NEVER call themselves retarded, so I had my reasons for thinking what I did. I never jump to conclusions about other people, and the way you handled this situation is questionable.
    Well, here's how it went down.

I first claimed that an expert believes I have Asperger's. This is 100% true and nothing about it is misleading.

I personally believe I do have Asperger's, so I made a few statements in which I claimed to have Asperger's. It's not like when I made these statements, my intent was to give others the impression that I was specifically medically diagnosed. I was just thinking about what I believed to be true. I'm sorry, but it would be pretty farfetched to think I had planned that out for attention and to encourage others to think I specifically was medically diagnosed.

Experts seem to feel comfortable diagnosing people with Asperger's despite medical analysis anyway: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histori...dered_autistic

I don't agree with your analysis about whether or not an aspie would jokingly refer to themselves as retarded. It's just self-depracating humor...all walks of life are capable of it.
    Last edited by bighead384; 10-31-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I'm sorry, but it would be pretty farfetched to think I had planned that out for attention and to encourage others to think I specifically was medically diagnosed.
    Far-fetched, yes. Impossible, no. There are people out there who do such things. I have seen them for myself and they are not pleasant to be around.

I don't agree with your analysis about whether or not an aspie would jokingly refer to themselves as retarded. It's just self-depracating humor...all walks of life are capable of it.
    I am an aspie myself and have met many in my years, and not one of them would ever call themselves retarded in a serious manner. You seemed serious, even distraught, when you first posted it. You can't fault me for misreading the intention of a typed message.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.

yo i hate this place.

This place hates you. It's reciprocal not many people have that.

After seeing her for a couple months, she told me she believes I have Asperger's and explained why in detail.
    Ah, I think I see the problem here. After talking to you for a couple of months she actually just sighed and declared that you're an asshole. Tragically you were not in a sound-proofed room at the time so your "Auditory Processing Disorder" kicked in and you thought she said Asperger's.

So there we have it. An expert has declared you to be a fucking asshole. Did she prescribe regular doses of bleach or opt for rafter therapy?
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

I would not be so quick to dismiss him having an auditory processing disorder. I have hypersenative hearing and it's an utter nuisance. It's a miracle I didn't have to wear earplugs at the Offspring concert. The rumble of vehicle motors, sirens, subways on the tracks, cars in tunnels, all these sounds cause physical pain in someone with an auditory processing disorder. That, of course, says nothing about whether it not he has Asperger's syndrome, but, with Asperger's tend to come sensory issues. But it's not necessarily the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Ah, I think I see the problem here. After talking to you for a couple of months she actually just sighed and declared that you're an asshole. Tragically you were not in a sound-proofed room at the time so your "Auditory Processing Disorder" kicked in and you thought she said Asperger's.

So there we have it. An expert has declared you to be a fucking asshole. Did she prescribe regular doses of bleach or opt for rafter therapy?
    Hell, I give you credit for this, but that bleach and rafter shit is unnecessary.

that bleach and rafter shit is unnecessary.
    Only if you have cancer.

I kid, I kid.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

JESUS MARY AND FUCKING JOSEPH. Do you have Aspergers or not. You're a slimy piece of shit, Bighead. What a fucking pig. Allin All's right. Just die, or piss off from here. You can't just fuck around with this shit like diseases and other shit: it's ficking distespectful to those with it. I say you should get your ass banned right off these fucking forums for your nonstop bullshit. You just lost your only ally.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levι.