Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Day

Well, people assume they have to make a mistake to learn. Which is just a super phylosophy. And making mistakes is simply, oh well, fuck it, I learned something. Yeah, maybe you did learn something, but at what cost? You fit that bill apparently. If you IGNORE history you are doomed to repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Well, people assume they have to make a mistake to learn. Which is just a super phylosophy. And making mistakes is simply, oh well, fuck it, I learned something. Yeah, maybe you did learn something, but at what cost? You fit that bill apparently. If you IGNORE history you are doomed to repeat it.
    I'm sorry but sometimes you do have to learn the hard way. Its true. I don't ignore history as you seem to think I do, I learn from history.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    I'm sorry but sometimes you do have to learn the hard way. Its true. I don't ignore history as you seem to think I do, I learn from history.
    Oh yeah? What did you learn from the past 4 years?

Ha ha! That's a good point. Well, if Obama's reelected for four more years, then clearly the previous four taught us nothing. Or maybe they taught us that record unemployment, crushing debt, and flimsy promises are what make this nation great.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Oh yeah? What did you learn from the past 4 years?
    I learned that Obama killed Bin Laden, I learned that Obama ended Don't Ask Don't Tell, Obama feels that gays have every right to get married, Obama saved the auto companies by bailing them out, Obama wants everyone to have healthcare.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Ha ha! That's a good point. Well, if Obama's reelected for four more years, then clearly the previous four taught us nothing. Or maybe they taught us that record unemployment, crushing debt, and flimsy promises are what make this nation great.
    Sigh. Unemployment is right there where it was when he took office.

National debt. That's kind of what happens when you have a deficit every year (which is only microscopically higher than what he inherited). How is that specifically his fault, and more than anyone else's?

What promises? I definitely won't deny that there were none. I'm just curious about your particular beefs, because you and MOTO are vague as fuck ALL THE TIME.

And how do you think McCain or Romney would have done better? If I seem like I'm trying to be a dick, I'm not. 90% of me is voting against Romney rather than for Obama. I just like how everyone acts like their guy wouldn't have fucked things up, too.
    Last edited by randman21; 11-06-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

I'm so over everyone dumping shit on each other. Godxilla, as someone not even old enough to vote, you sure do seem to think you are a political savant. You and MOTO's naivete is annoying at best, but the same can be said about all of the political drivel I see posted on here and Facebook. I am simply over it. Rather than focus on how evil one or the other is, maybe take a minute to see that neither candidate is better or worse in the end and there is only so much that will occur in the next for years, no matter who is elected, despite what they would like for you to believe. The president may or may not change, but there are still several hundred other elected officials to contend with.
    Last edited by _Lost_; 11-06-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Not hardly. So, unless something happend 27 minutes ago it never occurred and the possibility of something similar is thrown out the window? Do all you morons belong to the same friggin club? Keep ignoring history...you'll be doomed to repeat it. Sad part is, in about 22 years when you wake up and actually realize that 20 years ago you should have done something different, it will be too late.
    We aren't talking about geological time here. If a song is more than 5 years old, it's considered ancient history. And I'm pretty sure that once a song is 20 years old or more, you no longer have to get permission from the one who owns the rights to it to use or cover that song. So much for not ancient history.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    We aren't talking about geological time here. If a song is more than 5 years old, it's considered ancient history. And I'm pretty sure that once a song is 20 years old or more, you no longer have to get permission from the one who owns the rights to it to use or cover that song. So much for not ancient history.
    I love you!

Try using a Beatles song without permission.

Also, don't look at it as a time thing. Clinton, bush, Obama. Not that long ago in terms of presidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.