Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 117

Thread: Election Day

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,675


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Try using a Beatles song without permission.

    Also, don't look at it as a time thing. Clinton, bush, Obama. Not that long ago in terms of presidents.
    Ugh, I would rather use the Beach Boys' songs.

    Yeah, it doesn't seem that long ago because they all served two terms. Well, not Obama. We don't know that, yet.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    129


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Ugh, I would rather use the Beach Boys' songs.
    both are awesome!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,436


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    We aren't talking about geological time here. If a song is more than 5 years old, it's considered ancient history. And I'm pretty sure that once a song is 20 years old or more, you no longer have to get permission from the one who owns the rights to it to use or cover that song. So much for not ancient history.
    Sucks that you were pretty sure, because a copyright in the United States currently lasts for 120 years. And will likely be extended the next time Mickey Mouse is about to pass into the public domain.

    It is similarly ironic that you think that the last four elections represent an absolute in a chain of 45.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    129


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Sucks that you were pretty sure, because a copyright in the United States currently lasts for 120 years. And will likely be extended the next time Mickey Mouse is about to pass into the public domain.

    It is similarly ironic that you think that the last four elections represent an absolute in a chain of 45.
    she made a typo, leave her alone.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    We aren't talking about geological time here. If a song is more than 5 years old, it's considered ancient history. And I'm pretty sure that once a song is 20 years old or more, you no longer have to get permission from the one who owns the rights to it to use or cover that song. So much for not ancient history.
    That's plain ridiculous. One out of three presidents didn't serve a second term, those aren't exactly good odds, and 20 years is not ancient history, especially concerning political events.
    I wrote a four word letter.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,675


    Default

    Politics suck and I don't care what you think of what I say.
    Try getting by today with he technology of 20 years ago then tell me it's not ancient history.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bornlie View Post
    she made a typo, leave her alone.
    Its pretty blatantly not a typo. Why would you respond to '20 years isn't that long' with 'you're wrong, 120 years is a long time'?
    I wrote a four word letter.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    129


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Politics suck and I don't care what you think of what I say.
    Try getting by today with he technology of 20 years ago then tell me it's not ancient history.
    for all of you retards out there trying to sound like Bighead, *cough*, that means no Iphone or ultra absorbent tampons.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,675


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bornlie View Post
    for all of you retards out there trying to sound like Bighead, *cough*, that means no Iphone or ultra absorbent tampons.
    And no HD TV, no pocket-sized digital cameras, no 3D videogames, no electronic books, no ipods, no DVD's, no buying music online...the list can go on forever. Although, I could do without the increase in pop music popularity.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    129


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    And no HD TV, no pocket-sized digital cameras, no Playstation, no electronic books, no ipods, no DVD's, no buying music online...the list can go on forever.
    and no free pron... unless you use binoculars to spy on your neighbors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •