Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Day

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    We aren't talking about geological time here. If a song is more than 5 years old, it's considered ancient history. And I'm pretty sure that once a song is 20 years old or more, you no longer have to get permission from the one who owns the rights to it to use or cover that song. So much for not ancient history.
    The IP lawyer in me couldn't let this one slide... You cannot use something without authorization for 70 years after the author's death.

That's in Europe and US. (I don't know for all countris in the world but I assume you live in one of these countries)...

Edit : Ah, I didn't see T already answered. Indeed, it's death + 70 or 120 years in the US. Did Disney die young ?
    Last edited by Harleyquiiinn; 11-07-2012 at 10:15 AM.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I'm happy that Obama won.

But what literally brought tears to my eyes was seeing that Minnesota voted against hate - they voted down the marriage amendment. Plus Wisconsin elected the first openly gay senator, Todd Akin and his creepy woman-hating self lost, and three more states voted for equal marriage. I'm actually kind of proud of my country right now. Like, actually legit. This is amazing. I couldn't be happier today!
    I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    [ QUOTE="Melyssa K" Kennedy;1487299]Like you would know me. What do you know of what technology I own? You literally just made an ass of yourself by assuming.
    Literally? Or figuratively?

I don't know, guys. I kind of think that having only one one-term president out of the last five/thirty-two years is valid. I don't know how, but I think it's possible that it's a cultural thing, and not purely coincidental. Has there been a similar stretch of time with similar results? I mean, we're talking about a trend, so it's not like we'd take into account every president since the beginning, just the last x number of years. Not that it's even pertinent to this thread...just throwing some stuff out there.

EDIT: Oh and I didn't think MK's bit about technology was necessarily that off the mark. The internet, as you know, has had an astronomical effect on how we communicate and relate to each other, and how we receive and transmit information. Major culture shift. I'm not speaking in general terms (ie the ability to email/use google that we didn't have 25 years ago), but more from a sociological standpoint. I wish I weren't on a phone, so I could look up some info that illustrates specifically what I'm talking about. But I wonder how much that kind of stuff plays into how we think about politics...[/QUOTE]

well said

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Minnesota voted against hate - they voted down the marriage amendment.
    Still voted for Bachmann though :/

But yes, what you mentioned is more important by a longshot.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Why are people still talking about Ron Paul? I was reading a Libertarian forum where people where certain he would have won if he was the Republican candidate, I've seen liberal idiots talk about writing him in, and people just generally having no idea what the fuck they are talking about. What can people possibly see in this man?
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Sigh. Unemployment is right there where it was when he took office.

National debt. That's kind of what happens when you have a deficit every year (which is only microscopically higher than what he inherited). How is that specifically his fault, and more than anyone else's?

What promises? I definitely won't deny that there were none. I'm just curious about your particular beefs, because you and MOTO are vague as fuck ALL THE TIME.

And how do you think McCain or Romney would have done better? If I seem like I'm trying to be a dick, I'm not. 90% of me is voting against Romney rather than for Obama. I just like how everyone acts like their guy wouldn't have fucked things up, too.
    Just go to www.politifact.com. Search Obama. Read. Understand. Got it?
    Quote Originally Posted by bornlie View Post
    so junior, what now?
    Call me junior one more time and I'll bust you up like a keg of kerosene.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Mmm... Politics website... The be all end all source if unbiased information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    No, no you won't.

I'm just hoping that now that he has won, Obama won't back off on some of the firm stands that he has taken towards gay marriage laws and women's rights.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post

I'm just hoping that now that he has won, Obama won't back off on some of the firm stands that he has taken towards gay marriage laws and women's rights.
    He better thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Just go to www.politifact.com. Search Obama. Read. Understand. Got it?

I'm sorry Junior .

yeah now that this is all over and Obama won(it was obvious) things can get back to normal.

Obama rammed The HCA down our throats on a partisn basis in the middle of the night with zero republican support, unemployment would not go over 8% (uhhh...it did for 43 months straight), he would be the most transparent president ever with CSPAN covering (he cloaks damn near everything...aka HCA), he pulls bullshit Exectutive Privilege over a completely fucked federal program called Fast and Furious which killed an Amercian border patrol (EP had no basis for being exerted), he has rung up debt at a faster pace than ANY PRESIDENT EVER with no results, he gave $550,000,000 to a bancrupt company with campaign ties, under his watch for the first time EVER, our US credit rating was lowered, he has weakend this country miltarily in the eyes of every other country, his cabinet picks for the first term we a hodge podge of totally unqualified friends of which most quit, he had Americans KILLED/MURDERED in Libya under his watch and lied about it (1st MURDERED amabassador in 40 years), gas prices have increased 100+% in 3 years, # people on food stamps at all time highs, # people on SSI at all time highs, damn near 50% of all citizens pay ZERO federal income tax and he wants to tax the so-called wealthy even more...shit these are just a few of the things off the top of my head.

And he was the one for hope and change. Going to change Washington and work accross the aisle with republicans. He has made race a major issue, he has this country more divided than ever with rich vs poor, black vs white. Plus he basically flew around the country campaigning 90% of the time while supposedly working under the guise of his "jobs" program. PLUS, I simply do not trust this clown.

Then we have people electing this guy so her friggin gay friends can possibly finally get weddig dresses. Some of you people have lost your god damn minds.