Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Romantic songs

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,044


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    I don't know, I think LAPD has some romantic elements to it.

    And I feel very sorry for you losing your loved one, whoever he or she may be, Dulce.
    My mom passed away from heart disease and cant seem to accep it. My dad is still with me but it's so much different now. Thank you for caring, you're so sweet.

    Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    You haven't broken any rules Maria. I just don't understand how any of those songs are romantic in any way? They all refer to relationships, but are hardly romantic. I mean... Want You Bad? That song is about him wanting his girlfriend to get tattoos and wear leather and do naughty, naughty things to him. the rest are about broken our otherwise dysfunctional relationships. romance is not really their style. Perhaps you were thinking of another word?

    If you want romance, try I Caught Fire by The Used.
    What word fits perfect? Dexter is a true romantic when it comes to writing certain songs. By far, It has impacted my single status and let alone a rarely low-key virgin. My virginity is my business but for the record: I am proud to remain one.



  2. Default

    When I was a virgin, I was no more proud to be one than I was to have five fingers on each hand. Not that you shouldn't be proud of whatever makes you proud, but I find it a little disturbing how much virginity is prized and encouraged, especially among young girls/women.

    Just saying, if you're proud of being a virgin, that is perfectly fine, but if you decide to have sex, even if it's with someone that you don't love, even if you don't stay together with that person for a long time, there is no need to feel ashamed or impure about it. Sex is natural and having it (or not having it) is just another part of life.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    984


    Default

    first of all, dexter doesnt sing about romance. he sings about fucked up sexual situations, which most of those songs cover.


    I mean Spare Me the Details, thats romantic to you? Dirty Magic, by my interpretation, is about dating a girl with a coke problem. The word "love" shouldnt fool you into thinking its a romantic song.

    I mean, would you consider Original Prankster to be "romantic" because the lyrics say "bangin little hoochie mommas"?

    Feelings, besides being a cover, talks about hate.

    Self Esteem, also is not romantic.


    I do consider Denial, revisted to be "romantic", and its the one song you didnt even list.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,300


    Default

    I've actually never ever considered any of their songs to be romantic ... sentimental for sure but not romantic.
    Last edited by samseby; 11-08-2012 at 06:26 AM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,044


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prettyflyforablackchick View Post
    When I was a virgin, I was no more proud to be one than I was to have five fingers on each hand. Not that you shouldn't be proud of whatever makes you proud, but I find it a little disturbing how much virginity is prized and encouraged, especially among young girls/women.

    Just saying, if you're proud of being a virgin, that is perfectly fine, but if you decide to have sex, even if it's with someone that you don't love, even if you don't stay together with that person for a long time, there is no need to feel ashamed or impure about it. Sex is natural and having it (or not having it) is just another part of life.
    Well, in my personal case, it's not against my religious beliefs but I'm not into religion. The reason why I don't go out to have fun is 'cause of the fact of avoiding getting any disease like HIV or AIDS or an infection etc. Screw the whole marriage and having children because that's not what my future persist of. My health is the problem so a solution can be found. Thanks for sharing the wisdom, prettyflyforablackchick.

    Mark, Point on, I obviously don't know what romantic is at all. Dexter sure knows what romance is. Let alone Hit That. Sorry. It's crazy for me to think he writes romantic songs. Romance does not to justice for me in this sinner's life. •_•

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark View Post
    first of all, dexter doesnt sing about romance. he sings about fucked up sexual situations, which most of those songs cover.


    I mean Spare Me the Details, thats romantic to you? Dirty Magic, by my interpretation, is about dating a girl with a coke problem. The word "love" shouldnt fool you into thinking its a romantic song.

    I mean, would you consider Original Prankster to be "romantic" because the lyrics say "bangin little hoochie mommas"?

    Feelings, besides being a cover, talks about hate.

    Self Esteem, also is not romantic.


    I do consider Denial, revisted to be "romantic", and its the one song you didnt even list.
    Last edited by Dulce; 11-08-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Of this sinner's life. Just a little re-editing.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    So, how exactly did this thread turn from the Offspring's Transcendentalist songs into Prettyfly/blackchick's sex advice? I mean, I don't care, bt isn't it funny that love equals sex and vice versa? Seems odd.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,623


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    So, how exactly did this thread turn from the Offspring's Transcendentalist songs into Prettyfly/blackchick's sex advice? I mean, I don't care, bt isn't it funny that love equals sex and vice versa? Seems odd.
    You must not live in America.
    Edit: Oh, you do. Then why are you not accustomed to this notion?
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    You must not live in America.
    Edit: Oh, you do. Then why are you not accustomed to this notion?
    I am more than amused by this.
    And I am in fact accustomed to it, but that doesn't mean it's right, true, or acceptable. Perhaps I will age poorly and think like the rest of you in a few years. Or perhaps not. But for the record, I would be game to screw with a select few people, OC Hau included. But yes, I am arguably a US citizen.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.



  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    So, how exactly did this thread turn from the Offspring's Transcendentalist songs into Prettyfly/blackchick's sex advice? I mean, I don't care, bt isn't it funny that love equals sex and vice versa? Seems odd.
    Well, sorry for the tangent -- Dulce said she was proud to be a virgin, and I responded with my various opinions.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    Wow, no self-righteous defense of self against me. You're not so bad after all.
    And no problem with all that tangent and love advice. I mean, it's life, isn't it. With a bit of accidental procreation mixed in.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •