Thread: Mumford & Sons

Default Mumford & Sons

So I discovered this band yesterday thanks to Grooveshark.

I know it's not new (Almost ancient history if we refer to Melyssa K.'s criterias). But I'm always late. After all, I was a teenager when the Offspring were huge and realized it was actually great in 2008 so...

Still, it's a great band and I didn't see any other thread about them. So here you go :

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

They are quite good to be honest but unfortunately their songs do get played on the radio where I live way too often ... and by way too often I really mean often - seems like they're on continuous loop.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Haha. I find it fascinating that you didn't know about them before now. They are so popular right now. But you can't know about every band, so it's somewhat normal. I kind of like them. Many of their songs sound alike to me, but their instrumentation is phenomenal, so it's almost always interesting.

I had a perfect moment last year, listening to this song while driving through some Provencal mountains, funny enough.

My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Been listening to them for a while. The Cave is probably my favourite song of theirs right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLGMy...yer_detailpage

This is their new single called I Will Wait

I liked one or two of their songs a while back. But then they just got played so so much and I got sick of them, and now I'd rather never hear them again.

Though they are "overplayed" a bit: i enjoy their stuff: Babel has been growing on me quite a bit: though i must say i prefer (as with most folk I like) their "faster" songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

This morning heard them playing live at the Kevin and Bean breAkfast event/studio. Lisa May cracks me up and did anybody catch that performance/interview stream?

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Haha. I find it fascinating that you didn't know about them before now. They are so popular right now. But you can't know about every band, so it's somewhat normal. I kind of like them. Many of their songs sound alike to me, but their instrumentation is phenomenal, so it's almost always interesting.

I had a perfect moment last year, listening to this song while driving through some Provencal mountains, funny enough.

Yeah I know... Somewhere between 18 and 25, I stopped listening to the radio or watch MTV. Now, I only discover new music by chance... like watching a tv show or a movie. Or if I feel like letting Grooveshark entertain me. Which is really rare. As a result, I hear stuff like 3 years after they are released...

But I'm ok. If it was good 3 years ago, it still is And this way, I don't get disgusted because it was overplayed.

And time doing its thing, only the best stuff are left.

I'm the music anti-hipster.

Anyway, I really like this band. Especially the really slow songs like thistle and weeds.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLGMy...yer_detailpage

This is their new single called I Will Wait
    It's the only song from them that I actually like. XD