Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Favorite displays of conservative outrage following the election

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Omnipresence
    Posts
    2,021


    Default

    Who cares what business owners think about Obama, running a business doesn't make your opinion about what would we best for an economy anymore relevant than being a chemist does. Business owners just reason from the point of view of their own firm and how they operate in a semi competitive environment on which they as an individual company have little impact, which is a useless starting point if you want to make policy for the whole economy. It's mostly just classic fallacy of composition stuff.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    17,982


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Who cares what business owners think about Obama, running a business doesn't make your opinion about what would we best for an economy anymore relevant than being a chemist does. Business owners just reason from the point of view of their own firm and how they operate in a semi competitive environment on which they as an individual company have little impact, which is a useless starting point if you want to make policy for the whole economy. It's mostly just classic fallacy of composition stuff.
    God this is a good point. Moto makes it sound like every redneck who owns a business is an expert on economics. I know some dumb, uneducated idiots who own businesses. A lot of it is right place/right time, a lot of it is one simple idea that people will want, and a TON of it is schmoozing. My boss (the GM) at Perkins really didn't understand even the most basic concepts of economics. He truly could not understand why a weak economy would stop people from coming to our restaurant. "Our sales are down!! What are we doing wrong!" "Jim, the economy is weak right now." "People still need to eat!" "They're cooking at home cause it's cheaper." "That doesn't make any sense! From now on, all servers must bring an empty pie box to each table at the end of the meal to visually convince them to buy pie!" Yeah. That didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Come on and raise up.
    Posts
    3,871


    Default

    This.

    For those who didn't click the link, it's the CEO of a coal mining company in West Virginia who fired 156 employees, blamed Obama, saying he had no choice, and then proceeded to lead all of the fired workers in a prayer- to deliver the nation from Obama. And the most disturbing part is that the workers actually stayed for the prayer, rather than tell the CEO to go fuck himself.

    I absolutely would have told the guy to go fuck himself. Because that's what he should do. The irony is that the coal industry is dying on its own due primarily to the free market- corporations are preferring other, cheaper, cleaner energy sources more and more, primarily natural gas. And Republicans are actually the biggest advocates of bolstering the natural gas industry, to the point that they're willing to shoot fluids (the chemical makeup of which, the public is not even allowed to know) underground and into our water supply, just to extract natural gas.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

    "DIE!!!!!"

    "WRONG! HOOOONK!"

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,071


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Who cares what business owners think about Obama, running a business doesn't make your opinion about what would we best for an economy anymore relevant than being a chemist does. Business owners just reason from the point of view of their own firm and how they operate in a semi competitive environment on which they as an individual company have little impact, which is a useless starting point if you want to make policy for the whole economy. It's mostly just classic fallacy of composition stuff.
    You're a fucking idiot. Small/med businesses employ millions of people. Have you ever...ever run/owned a business? Have you ever employed anyone who makes their living solely from your business? It is one hell of a responsiblity. Obama's policies have directly impacted businesses in a negative way. The HCA is having a major impact on health care costs right now. Businesses are literally deciding how many employees are even feasible to employ based on the farce Obama pushed through called the HCA. Can they afford to expand...can the afford possible fines...can they afford stay in business when the full impact of the HCA is in play in 2014. Obama is handcuffing business. There is a reason the feds are hiring more auditors, thousands of them, simply to hammer people on not complying, or being able to comply with the HCA.
    Last edited by MOTO13; 11-16-2012 at 07:56 AM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,740


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    You're a fucking idiot. Small/med businesses employ millions of people. Have you ever...ever run/owned a business? Have you ever employed anyone who makes their living solely from your business? It is one hell of a responsiblity. Obama's policies have directly impacted businesses in a negative way. The HCA is having a major impact on health care costs right now. Businesses are literally deciding how many employees are even feasible to employ based on the farce Obama pushed through called the HCA. Can they afford to expand...can the afford possible fines...can they afford stay in business when the full impact of the HCA is in play in 2014. Obama is handcuffing business. There is a reason the feds are hiring more auditors, thousands of them, simply to hammer people on not complying, or being able to comply with the HCA.
    Just to make you happy ok lets say maybe SOME businesess aren't hiring because of Obama. Now what about the buisnesses who can expand and hire people but jut don't want to and it has NOTHING to do with Obama.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,071


    Default

    You need to clarify that. It makes no sense.

    I think you mean that they are not expanding due to the current economic climate possibly. They want to, but getting funding is tricky right now. Banks are being VERY cautious with business loans. Obama has made businesses very uneasy and it is not getting better. You think businesses do not want to expand? Of course they do. Do you know what it's like to increase production or expand a business when you are not certain if 12/24/36 months from now you may have new rules to follow?
    Last edited by MOTO13; 11-16-2012 at 08:13 AM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,740


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    You need to clarify that. It makes no sense.

    I think you mean that they are not expanding due to the current economic climate possibly. They want to, but getting funding is tricky right now. Banks are being VERY cautious with business loans. Obama has made businesses very uneasy and it is not getting better. You think businesses do not want to expand? Of course they do. Do you know what it's like to increase production or expand a business when you are not certain if 12/24/36 months from now you may have new rules to follow?
    Is the new business plan that may or may not happen is really a reason not to expand? It sounds more like an excuse to me. Yes some businesses out there don't want to hire people because they believe that they have enough people when really they don't and that has nothing to do with Obama being in office.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,071


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Is the new business plan that may or may not happen is really a reason not to expand? It sounds more like an excuse to me. Yes some businesses out there don't want to hire people because they believe that they have enough people when really they don't and that has nothing to do with Obama being in office.
    How do I even begin to reply to such a question? A business owner believes they have enough people but won't hire additional personel? That doesn't even make sense. Take writing course. Explain yourself better please. You lost me.

    Obama and his vision of everything for everyone is a fucking joke. He is not business friendly with this whole Obamacare fiasco. Why? It is incredibly complex and nobody really knows what to expect. Insurance rates are already ticking up. Not good. You've read the stories. That coupled with the current state of the tax reform and fiscal cliff makes any business ready to shit. Obama has been in office for 4 years and spent $6 trillion... what has he done to help US business and the economy? ZERO. He stopped it. He made it more difficult to be a business and at the same time fucked up the value of the dollar.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,740


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    How do I even begin to reply to such a question? A business owner believes they have enough people but won't hire additional personel? That doesn't even make sense. Take writing course. Explain yourself better please. You lost me. .
    It makes sence to me how I wrote it. Here's an example of what I'm trying to say. When I was doing my internship pretty much most of my co-workers were telling me that they NEED more people working but the problem was the manager didn't believe they needed more people.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    It makes sence to me how I wrote it. Here's an example of what I'm trying to say. When I was doing my internship pretty much most of my co-workers were telling me that they NEED more people working but the problem was the manager didn't believe they needed more people.
    Rather, the manager didn't want to *pay* for more people working on the problem. One of the main problems I have with conservative policy towards business is this idea that they will work towards the common good to create jobs, when they'll only do something that's in someone's interest other than its own if they are incentivized to by funding or by force of new regulations.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •