Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate working

I don't get what she's saying. He shouldn't whine about a job at pizza hut because some poor folks are out there working at grocery stores? We're supposed to feel sorry for her because she's somehow inept enough to get injured stacking shelves? Balls. A trained monkey could do her job.

Bighead, if you're not willing to actually find a job you'd like better, then you should take a temporary job you know will be harsher than fuck. Take a few weeks off and sign on for some real man's work, and after that making pizzas will suddenly feel like you're getting paid for slacking off and relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    So, before thinking you have it so bad, just remember that there are people out there who are suffering more than just a disdain for working.
    I really don't understand this.

There will always be people who have it worst than you do. Does that mean that nobody has the right to complain except the guy who has it the worst in the world ? I get that your situation was difficult, I really do, and I feel sorry for you but i don't think it is a reason to tell people they shouldn't complain.

Personally, I see that I am lucky enough to work, most of the time, in a warm office behind a computer and not outside, cleaning streets in the cold all day. But sometimes, my work sucks and I feel the need to complain. And it has nothing to do with others.

It isn't a competition anyway...

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Bighead, if you're not willing to actually find a job you'd like better, then you should take a temporary job you know will be harsher than fuck. Take a few weeks off and sign on for some real man's work, and after that making pizzas will suddenly feel like you're getting paid for slacking off and relaxing.
    All your answers seem to revolve around doing more work. Whether it's this, or making fun of someone for not knowing as much about history as you. Well guess what Sin Studly: I don't feel like it.

Hey Sin Studly, what do you think about John Zerzan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Zerzan

He's a huge hippy, and is critical of Noam Chomsky. But just looking at him, he was born to be a hippy.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    It isn't a competition anyway...
    Who ever said it was a competition?
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Who ever said it was a competition?
    I'm guessing you have Baldwin blocked, because he just clowned you.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Hey Sin Studly, what do you think about John Zerzan:
    I think he's an idiot. What he proposes is fine for very small minority, as a lifestyle choice, but you can't run the world like that because little tribes of hunter/gatherers can't defend themselves against a gang of assholes with guns.

If you really want to go the self-sufficient fringe-living route, you'd better start planning it, and saving for it. Where can you set up without being evicted? Will you have to buy a parcel of empty land, or will you try to keep yourself mobile enough to relocate whenever the authorities notice you? Land with access to potable water runs steep, so what are you going to do about water? How much money will you need saved up for unavoidable expenses like food, ammunition, medicine? Can you hunt, can you fish, can you farm, can you sew damaged clothing? Know any first-aid, know how to purify water, know how to preserve meat? Can you find a way of earning a little cash from seasonal work when and if you need it?

If you think a week of factory work is "too much effort", I'm pretty sure you're not cut out to survive off the land. But if it's what you truly want to do, the hard work involved won't seem so hard. It never does, when you're doing something you care about. But if you think this is a viable way of sitting on your ass and lazing around, you really haven't thought this through.

I've been trying for months to find ANY sort of job. As much as I'd probably complain about it, I think I'd prefer it to sitting on my ass every day.

Bighead, you shouldn't think you have it so bad. My work at a grocery store the last two years has led to ligament tears in my wrists and surgical repair on the left over the summer, which led to cubital tunnel syndrome in my elbows and my inability to play guitar anymore, chondromalacia in my knees, and routinely almost getting nailed by cars not using their turn signals at the major intersection across the street. I haven't even mentioned the fact that I cram college, studying, scheduling doctors appointments around the most erratic work schedule ever, and work itself into all this. I have mad evasion skills, so I haven't been vehicle-struck, yet.
    So, before thinking you have it so bad, just remember that there are people out there who are suffering more than just a disdain for working.
    This... this is a joke, right? Right?? Not only is this a prime example of, "There are people who have it worse than you so you obviously don't have it bad," but it's also such a first-world problem. Awwww man, I'm getting higher education (which most people in the world can't even dream of) while working in a heated place where I'm highly unlikely to break bones, lose limbs, or suffer deep wounds that get infected (which most people in the world can't even dream of), and I CAN'T PLAY MY GUITAR ANYMORE (which most people in the world can't even dream of owning a guitar)." This comes off as soooooo ridiculously spoiled and self-victimizing. Also, how is working in a grocery store so much worse than working in a pizza place? I mean, really? Hey, I can say I have it worse because my boss is trying to deduct money from my paycheck because he's too cheap to buy new books for his company, and he's also repeatedly refusing to pay me until weeks after my paycheck was due. Since I am 100% independent and get exactly zero money from anyone (including my parents, and the fact that I live in a abroad and can't use any social benefits), waiting weeks to get paid puts me in situations where I get eviction threats and find myself stressing when I'm down to the last 20 euros to my name. Do I get to say I have it worse? Do I have a right to complain? Is that really for YOU to decide?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Ever time I read the title of this thread, I get a Mr. T Experience song stuck in my head.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc3dAudEUZk

I work in a grocery store. Its fine. The ineptitude of my coworkers is my main grievance... That and that I hardly ever get enough hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.