Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 64

Thread: I hate working

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,648


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    This... this is a joke, right? Right?? Not only is this a prime example of, "There are people who have it worse than you so you obviously don't have it bad," but it's also such a first-world problem. Awwww man, I'm getting higher education (which most people in the world can't even dream of) while working in a heated place where I'm highly unlikely to break bones, lose limbs, or suffer deep wounds that get infected (which most people in the world can't even dream of), and I CAN'T PLAY MY GUITAR ANYMORE (which most people in the world can't even dream of owning a guitar)." This comes off as soooooo ridiculously spoiled and self-victimizing. Also, how is working in a grocery store so much worse than working in a pizza place? I mean, really? Hey, I can say I have it worse because my boss is trying to deduct money from my paycheck because he's too cheap to buy new books for his company, and he's also repeatedly refusing to pay me until weeks after my paycheck was due. Since I am 100% independent and get exactly zero money from anyone (including my parents, and the fact that I live in a abroad and can't use any social benefits), waiting weeks to get paid puts me in situations where I get eviction threats and find myself stressing when I'm down to the last 20 euros to my name. Do I get to say I have it worse? Do I have a right to complain? Is that really for YOU to decide?
    I never said other people don't have it bad. But I was out of work with the injury for a year and could barely afford to feed myself and lost weight. I chose not to mention some things because...why? I have never complained about this before. You don't get to decide what I think, so stop trying. I don't care if most people can't play a guitar. I used it as a coping mechanism for stress and it was one of my biggest passions, so don't belittle the fact that I can't play anymore. Just because I mention how injured I got from working, I'm automatically self-victimizing? And why is it that bighead can complain about work but I can't? You are being a hypocrite. You are treating me exactly how you claim I am treating bighead.
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 11-15-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    129


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    This... this is a joke, right? Right?? Not only is this a prime example of, "There are people who have it worse than you so you obviously don't have it bad," but it's also such a first-world problem. Awwww man, I'm getting higher education (which most people in the world can't even dream of) while working in a heated place where I'm highly unlikely to break bones, lose limbs, or suffer deep wounds that get infected (which most people in the world can't even dream of), and I CAN'T PLAY MY GUITAR ANYMORE (which most people in the world can't even dream of owning a guitar)." This comes off as soooooo ridiculously spoiled and self-victimizing. Also, how is working in a grocery store so much worse than working in a pizza place? I mean, really? Hey, I can say I have it worse because my boss is trying to deduct money from my paycheck because he's too cheap to buy new books for his company, and he's also repeatedly refusing to pay me until weeks after my paycheck was due. Since I am 100% independent and get exactly zero money from anyone (including my parents, and the fact that I live in a abroad and can't use any social benefits), waiting weeks to get paid puts me in situations where I get eviction threats and find myself stressing when I'm down to the last 20 euros to my name. Do I get to say I have it worse? Do I have a right to complain? Is that really for YOU to decide?
    hey now. Why are you jumping down her throat. Stop blaming everyone for having a crappy time with your paycheck and your boss. Take it up with the correct officials. By the way, grocery store jobs are pretty horrible. The pay does not even compensate for having to deal with rude angry people all day, not to mention there is no real job security or benefits.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,648


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bornlie View Post
    hey now. Why are you jumping down her throat. Stop blaming everyone for having a crappy time with your paycheck and your boss. Take it up with the correct officials. By the way, grocery store jobs are pretty horrible. The pay does not even compensate for having to deal with rude angry people all day, not to mention there is no real job security or benefits.
    You are absolutely right. It's a thankless job and your boss never cares how much good you do for the company, they don't give a shit how much pain you are in, they always have negative things to say and they hold it against you any time you don't cover someone's shift or agree to come in early or stay late. Not to mention you barely ever get a raise and they don't really care to give you enough time or days off to study and its a bitch to request off for doctor's appointments and other important events. I almost didn't get to go to my friend's memorial service because they wouldn't give me off that day.
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 11-15-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,038


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I never said other people don't have it bad. But I was out of work with the injury for a year and could barely afford to feed myself and lost weight. I chose not to mention some things because...why? I have never complained about this before. You don't get to decide what I think, so stop trying. I don't care if most people can't play a guitar. I used it as a coping mechanism for stress and it was one of my biggest passions, so don't belittle the fact that I can't play anymore. Just because I mention how injured I got from working, I'm automatically self-victimizing? And why is it that bighead can complain about work but I can't? You are being a hypocrite. You are treating me exactly how you claim I am treating bighead.
    You told bighead "you shouldn't think you have it so bad", and then went on to explain why you supposedly have it "worse". If you left things out, what makes you think he didn't, as well? And that I didn't? I didn't say nobody can complain about work. In fact, I said everyone can complain about work, but it's ridiculous to tell someone they "shouldn't think" they "have it so bad" because you think you have it worse. Hell, Bighead wasn't even complaining about his job; he was complaining about not liking work of any kind and just wanting to do nothing, Office Space style. I'm not standing up for him cause it was stupid as fuck, but your response wasn't even really related to the original post and instead went into why your situation is worse than his.

    Quote Originally Posted by bornlie View Post
    hey now. Why are you jumping down her throat. Stop blaming everyone for having a crappy time with your paycheck and your boss. Take it up with the correct officials. By the way, grocery store jobs are pretty horrible. The pay does not even compensate for having to deal with rude angry people all day, not to mention there is no real job security or benefits.
    Neither of you can read. I wasn't complaining. I was saying that we ALL have problems with work and it's ALL subjective; it's ridiculous to say you have it worse than someone else. I don't think I have it worse than anyone else, personally. And by the way, I've worked at Target, sales floor, stocking the grocery section. So yes, I know what it's like.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    You are absolutely right. It's a thankless job and your boss never cares how much good you do for the company, they don't give a shit how much pain you are in, they always have negative things to say and they hold it against you any time you don't cover someone's shift or agree to come in early or stay late. Not to mention you barely ever get a raise and they don't really care to give you enough time or days off to study and its a bitch to request off for doctor's appointments and other important events. I almost didn't get to go to my friend's memorial service because they wouldn't give me off that day.
    Bosses in general don't care how well you do, nor do they care about your well-being, nor do they ever have anything good to say to employees. God, you think that's exclusive to grocery stores? Lol. Bosses in general avoid giving raises at every angle. My boss tried to call my colleague's dentist to reschedule her wisdom tooth appointment during her holiday so she wouldn't have to miss any work. I don't work at a grocery store; I work for a private language agency. The point is, working in a grocery store is NOT worse than other jobs. The stuff you're complaining about is extremely common, and it's shit pretty much everyone who has a job deals with. Jesus christ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3


    Default

    I own my own company so I get to work from home. My job has it's pros and cons. I get to work from home, but it's pretty lonely. I miss having female co-workers to banter with for one.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,132


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    My boss tried to call my colleague's dentist to reschedule her wisdom tooth appointment during her holiday so she wouldn't have to miss any work.
    Ah ah That's one good boss you have here !

    Anyway, Melyssa, you said it was a competition by saying that Bighead shouldn't complain because you were having it worst.

    By the way, it's a student job so it's supposed to be crappy If it was a great job, it wouldn't be given to students. Never forget, when you are young, you are at the end of the food chain.

    What sucks is when you stay there.

    (ok, I say that but I actually had 2 amazing jobs when I was a student. One in a theater, that was hard, but I got to see tones of different plays, so it was great. The second one was in a school with kids who had problems reading. Great as well, except that kids have a tendancy to run towards you to give hugs, and they are full of germs, so I ended up being always sick for 6 months. Still, it was great. But yeah, I was the exception. Everybody else's job sucked).
    ___________________________________________

    All the Beautiful Things you do

    Respect my authoritah !

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,300


    Default

    Love working - I like what I do, I like the company I work for, the colleagues are nice and the bosses always treat us respectful and kind. BTW bosses in general don't owe employees/workers nice words or any kind of gratitude and as far as I'm concerned bosses can expect their staff doing its best every single moment at work, can't they? - It's what one gets paid for.
    And if one doesn't like ones job, well I'm pretty sure there's tons of people out there that would gladly take it.

    Edit:
    Besides what else would I do the whole day if not work? Chill ... How dull and yeah, a great concept without any money.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,648


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I'm guessing you have Baldwin blocked, because he just clowned you.
    No, I just don't care what he says. He assumes what my job is and disregards any predispositions, so why bother replying?
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 11-16-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,648


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    Anyway, Melyssa, you said it was a competition by saying that Bighead shouldn't complain because you were having it worst.
    How the hell does that mean I said it was a competition? I guess no one got the point I was making, which was simply not liking your job doesn't mean you have to bitch about it. Most people don't like their jobs, so it's not that unusual. Instead, everyone decided to focus on the fact that I said being injured is worse than not liking your job, and they ran away with it and warped it.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,132


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    How the hell does that mean I said it was a competition? I guess no one got the point I was making, which was simply not liking your job doesn't mean you have to bitch about it. Most people don't like their jobs, so it's not that unusual. Instead, everyone decided to focus on the fact that I said being injured is worse than not liking your job, and they ran away with it and warped it.
    You are right about one thing, I totally didn't read that in your first post.

    What you are saying now is very different.

    But I don't agree either Personnally, complaining helps me bear some difficult situations.

    Also, I don't think anybody focused on you saying being injured is worse than hating your job. It is worse. Nobody can deny that. I think that what llamas and me were saying is just that you shouldn't say that, just because some people have worse jobs than Bighead, he shouldn't complain. But as you said, it's not what you meant so it is all fine.

    Anyway, I don't know what the law is where you live, but here, when you get injured at your job, your employer and social security have to cover your expenses and treatment. If the injuries are permanent, you also get damages. Did you get any of that ?
    ___________________________________________

    All the Beautiful Things you do

    Respect my authoritah !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •