Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I hate working

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    Anyway, I don't know what the law is where you live, but here, when you get injured at your job, your employer and social security have to cover your expenses and treatment. If the injuries are permanent, you also get damages. Did you get any of that ?
    I've been dealing with worker's comp for a year and I have a court hearing at the end of the month to get a final decision on whether this is legally considered a work-related injury. I'm going to need surgery on my right wrist soon. It's such a pain in the ass. I won't be working there much longer because it isn't worth killing myself over.
    Lesson to anyone: file an injury report as soon as you suspect work has caused an issue. Don't be afraid of ruffling feathers and wait until you can't work anymore to do it.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    I get what you're saying, but that's not how being unhappy and unsatisfied works.
    I agree, everyone's problems are relative to their own experiences, and it's a little unfair to minimize someone else's troubles just because yours were/are worse. I have kind of an issue with the way #firstworldproblems is used sometimes for that reason (although most of the time, I find it really funny ).

Quote Originally Posted by samseby View Post
    Love working - I like what I do, I like the company I work for, the colleagues are nice and the bosses always treat us respectful and kind. BTW bosses in general don't owe employees/workers nice words or any kind of gratitude and as far as I'm concerned bosses can expect their staff doing its best every single moment at work, can't they? - It's what one gets paid for.
    And if one doesn't like ones job, well I'm pretty sure there's tons of people out there that would gladly take it.

Edit:
    Besides what else would I do the whole day if not work? Chill ... How dull and yeah, a great concept without any money.
    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    Anyway, I don't know what the law is where you live, but here, when you get injured at your job, your employer and social security have to cover your expenses and treatment. If the injuries are permanent, you also get damages. Did you get any of that ?
    This is true in the U.S. as well, but you have to report an injury as soon as you suspect it. Even if you only wait until the next day, it can be enough for the company involved to say "How can we know it happened at work when you didn't report it as soon as it happened?" This happened with my husband a couple years ago. He pulled a muscle in his abdomen at work one day, but didn't report it right away because it didn't start really hurting until that night and was out of work for a month. Because he didn't report it when it happened, they didn't treat it like a work related injury because there was no proof it happened AT work and we were SOL. They do what they can to avoid paying workers comp where ever possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

I started this thread really relating to what bighead was saying, but then he predictably refused to even consider the legitimately good advice Justin offered and I lost interest.

Working a shitty job you don't care about is pretty terrible after a while. But if you can't or won't aspire to better then temporarily doing something worse really is tremendously good advice. Everyone should work a truly awful job early in their life to put things in a better perspective and do it again if the lesson fades with time. Not to build character or anything like that but because it honestly makes you happier.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    This is true in the U.S. as well, but you have to report an injury as soon as you suspect it. Even if you only wait until the next day, it can be enough for the company involved to say "How can we know it happened at work when you didn't report it as soon as it happened?" This happened with my husband a couple years ago. He pulled a muscle in his abdomen at work one day, but didn't report it right away because it didn't start really hurting until that night and was out of work for a month. Because he didn't report it when it happened, they didn't treat it like a work related injury because there was no proof it happened AT work and we were SOL. They do what they can to avoid paying workers comp where ever possible.
    My doctor's professional medical opinion is that this is mostly a work-related repetitive stress injury. It started out as a nagging pain and it took many, many months to get to the point where I was in tremendous pain all the time. I could not even be sure myself that it was work that was causing it, though I was pretty sure. I did physical therapy, which helped for a while. So, this may all mean I get nothing, even though my wrists got a bit better in the months after I stopped working. Sadly, my appointed judge used to work for an insurance company and I was advised that he is more pro-employer. This will not bode well for when I need the surgery on my right wrist.
    Sorry you and your husband were not treated fairly.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Working a shitty job you don't care about is pretty terrible after a while. But if you can't or won't aspire to better then temporarily doing something worse really is tremendously good advice. Everyone should work a truly awful job early in their life to put things in a better perspective and do it again if the lesson fades with time. Not to build character or anything like that but because it honestly makes you happier.
    I think many have experienced this if they worked before they were 18. You aren't qualified to do shit, so you get worst jobs, and since you are under 18, you can do the same job as the adults but get paid less. I hated the job I had when I was under 18. The one I got now during holidays (I attend uni otherwise) is not great, it's okay, but the pay is pretty good.
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Work of any kind aleniates man from his essence, and enslaves him.
    Last edited by Duskygrin; 11-26-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Work of any kind aleniates man from his essence, and enslaves him.
    Not true.
    I beseech you to look up the Cave Man Theory. It states that work is part of humankind, dating back to the Stone Age. It also states that humans can find pleasure in work, finished or unfinished. Man's essence is in work.

And humans are the only species ON EARTH that bitch about work.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    What do you do?
    I work in the sales department ...