Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The novelty has worn off - How do you feel about Days Go By now?

Personally, I still think it's a great album. One of their best ever. I listen to it more than any other CD I have by far. I put it right up there with Smash and Ignition.

My opinion that it's easily their worst album hasn't changed, but I still love it and listen to it pretty regularly. There's definitely a lack of "flow" on this album. It hits a dead spot in the middle, with the one-two punch of Cruisin California, which I always skip, and All I Have Left Is You. These are the two worst tunes they've ever done, and they grind the record to a halt.

Fortunately, after that it gets better. I think the second half is definitely better than the first, but the songs really don't flow into each other very well. They go from All I Have Left to O. C. Guns, then Dirty Magic, and whaaaat? They're all just really different songs that make no sense next to each other. But I do love how the album ends.

Feels like they over-thought the album. I didn't mind the crisp, modern production on Rise and Fall, but this one just has a bit too much. I think they'd make a better record if they lost some of the sound effects and layers and wrote it in a shorter period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rooster View Post
    My opinion that it's easily their worst album hasn't changed, but I still love it and listen to it pretty regularly. There's definitely a lack of "flow" on this album. It hits a dead spot in the middle, with the one-two punch of Cruisin California, which I always skip, and All I Have Left Is You. These are the two worst tunes they've ever done, and they grind the record to a halt.

Fortunately, after that it gets better. I think the second half is definitely better than the first, but the songs really don't flow into each other very well. They go from All I Have Left to O. C. Guns, then Dirty Magic, and whaaaat? They're all just really different songs that make no sense next to each other. But I do love how the album ends.

Feels like they over-thought the album. I didn't mind the crisp, modern production on Rise and Fall, but this one just has a bit too much. I think they'd make a better record if they lost some of the sound effects and layers and wrote it in a shorter period of time.
    i completely agree with this

I never really gave 2 squirts about the "flow" of an album. I take each song as they come. What order they were in was never an issue or a reason to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    I never really gave 2 squirts about the "flow" of an album. I take each song as they come. What order they were in was never an issue or a reason to complain.
    Nowadays everyone seems to listen to music mainly in random mode on their mp3-player anyway so it's understandable. To me the flow of an album, which I listen to from start to finish is pretty important and Days Go By with it's inconsistent production quality and change of musical styles is, in the form of an "album", not convincing just like Mark Rooster explained it.

I understand. I am usually doing something like working around the house or on the cars etc. So the music is more for background I guess. So the flow is a total no-event. I can't remember the last time I just sat there and listened to an album. Too friggin boring. I am not geared that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    I understand. I am usually doing something like working around the house or on the cars etc. So the music is more for background I guess. So the flow is a total no-event. I can't remember the last time I just sat there and listened to an album. Too friggin boring. I am not geared that way.
    I love just listening to a CD and doing nothing. Just sitting or laying down doing nothing. It's so relaxing and thats when the lyrics really speak to me. But lately what I have been doing is when I'm getting dressed or doing my hair is putting in a CD I haven't listened to in a while.

Talking

I still love it, I mainly listen to music when I'm doing something, so I don't pay much attention to flow. The songs I really didn't care for when the album first came out have really grown on me. I like them a lot now. Still not the biggest fan of "All I Have Left Is You", though. I think I got sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selena74 View Post
    Still not the biggest fan of "All I Have Left Is You", though. I think I got sick of it.
    I love All I Have Left Is You. It's one of my favorite songs.

Post Days Go By Takes a Good Score

Hi Guys!. This is my score about the new album: "Days Go By"

The Future Is Now: 9
    Secrets From The Underground: 10
    Days Go By: 9.5
    Turning Into You: 8.5
    Hurting As One: 8
    Cruising California (BumpinŽIn My Trunk): 7.5
    All I Have Left Is You: 8.5
    OC Guns: 7
    Dirty Magic: 8
    I Wanna Secret Family (With You): 8