Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just another reason to love Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    You can hear it in I Choose. He had trouble hitting the high notes. He was also sick during the Much Music in Canada event and The KROQ Weenie Roast of 2012. He sang better at other shows, but he was still amazing during the shows when he was sick.
    During the much music I remember he being sick. But if he can't catch a note it doesn't mean he's sick. I choose has a damn high note to reach and I dare you finding a video where he sings it perfectly Don't get me wrong he sings well but in studio he does things that live are hard to do because he's singing every day for more than an hour. He can't sing well the highest parts of hammerhead for example or yggfk.

Like when he sings All I Want, the "might make sense" part on the album is long, but live he splits it in half and turns it into "might make sense.... seeeense." Which is cool. I saw them last September for the third time. They still kick ass after all these years, they've got to be one of the most coolest bands out there. They are so down to earth. I just wish they would hang out after the shows and meet everyone but obviously that's ridiculous cause that would probably take an entire day. He takes pictures and signs stuff when possible, he's not an arrogant douche bag like Tom Savini; he won't even let you take a picture with him unless you buy something from him. I mean, give me a break! How rude is that? We are the fans, and we are the ones who go out and spend our money to see them, or buy their CDs, or movies, or whatever the case... we are the reason they are famous, so why not show respect? I hate rude celebrities. Dexter seems like he'd be awesome to hang out with in person. I'm sure his life is busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    During the much music I remember he being sick. But if he can't catch a note it doesn't mean he's sick. I choose has a damn high note to reach and I dare you finding a video where he sings it perfectly Don't get me wrong he sings well but in studio he does things that live are hard to do because he's singing every day for more than an hour. He can't sing well the highest parts of hammerhead for example or yggfk.
    I read things that other people said. I didn't come to those conclusions just based on the high note thing, but you may be right. Maybe doing too many shows for too many days decreases singing ability temporarily. It can't be easy to do show after show after show.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

thanks for the vids jason and melyssa k. awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I read things that other people said. I didn't come to those conclusions just based on the high note thing, but you may be right. Maybe doing too many shows for too many days decreases singing ability temporarily. It can't be easy to do show after show after show.
    I also read things, but I trust depending on who writes them. People thought Dexter was sick on the last Kroq show because he said he had the kroq weenie fiesta fever.... it was actually a joke but he still had some problems on his voice. I give my judgment based on the hours of videos I saw and live shows I've been to, comparing performances. If there was some kind of official statement that he was sick I would believe it, but if it's only small talk I prefer judging by myself He can have a bad day, he's human (even if it's hard to believe sometimes ahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    I also read things, but I trust depending on who writes them. People thought Dexter was sick on the last Kroq show because he said he had the kroq weenie fiesta fever.... it was actually a joke but he still had some problems on his voice. I give my judgment based on the hours of videos I saw and live shows I've been to, comparing performances. If there was some kind of official statement that he was sick I would believe it, but if it's only small talk I prefer judging by myself He can have a bad day, he's human (even if it's hard to believe sometimes ahaha)
    I'm surprised he can still sing as well as he can at all! All those years of singing falsetto and smoking haven't chipped away much at his vocal abilities. He can still sing extremely well. He sounded great at the Ignition anniversary show, and despite the microphone volume being too low, he sounded great at the Philly show I went to.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Thumbs up

What Dexter did it shows alot of great indegriity in a man's character/personality. Cheers, Holland! I love you, dude.
    Last edited by Dulce; 11-21-2012 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Sorry didn't mean to doublepost waste of space delete it please thanks

Default I salute ya!

What Dexter did it shows alot of great indegriity in a man's character/personality. Cheers, Holland! I love you, dude.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by samseby View Post
    What are the other reasons again?

^^^^That's one of the heart reasons why.
    Last edited by Dulce; 11-21-2012 at 07:50 AM.