Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hostess is DEAD

Default Hostess is DEAD

RIP Twinkies

I haven't eaten twinkies since I was a kid. I eat cookies, so I'm okay with this.
    I said, "Hi, I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete took of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    Full version of my avatar: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9ddf577a.jpg
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

I honestly wouldn't be sad if all the businesses whose products or services only really *hurt* people went out of business. Hostess shit is preserved chemical sugar. It's disgusting and we're better off not being able to eat it :P I wouldn't mind if fast food joints were next.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I honestly wouldn't be sad if all the businesses whose products or services only really *hurt* people went out of business. Hostess shit is preserved chemical sugar. It's disgusting and we're better off not being able to eat it :P I wouldn't mind if fast food joints were next.
    Yeah, that'd be awesome ...

Unions, gotta love their mentality...all or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Unions, gotta love their mentality...all or nothing.
    Where do unions come into play? Like, what do unions have to do with this thread at all? lol.

The employees went on strike, because the company tried to make them sign new contracts that slashed their salaries and benefits. The company was trying to put their bad spending habits and excessive management salaries on the labor force. Thus, the company is shutting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Where do unions come into play? Like, what do unions have to do with this thread at all? lol.
    right?...lol. I guess I simply assumed everyone knew what everyone knew. The owners told the union if they keep up with the strike, the company would be forced into bancruptcy. The union, in their infinite wisdom, simply ignored reality. So they closed it down. Now we have more unemployed americans which I hate to see. Merry Christmas. Unions are an out-moded, outdated, archaic, criminal enterprise that needs to die off quickly. I feel bad for the poor sob's that simply wanted to work.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    The employees went on strike, because the company tried to make them sign new contracts that slashed their salaries and benefits. The company was trying to put their bad spending habits and excessive management salaries on the labor force. Thus, the company is shutting down.
    Ah, thanks. I haven't really been following this thing at all - I just saw it posted here, and a humorous list of the funniest responses to the situation. I didn't know why they went out of business. Well, good for the employees, standing up for themselves. They lost this battle, but they were working for a shitty company to begin with.

On a side note, it's interesting when guys at the top of the companies force salary and benefit slashes upon their peons, while they continue to live their wealthy lifestyles. If you messed up with your spending and management salaries, why don't the slashes ever fall on THEIR shoulders? A 10% decrease in salaries for the peons would be a 2% decrease in the salaries of the top dogs. I saw the same thing happening at one of the two shitty language agencies I've worked for; the owners and management bought a bunch of flat-screen TVs and new computers to try to promote their school, and then realized they couldn't actually afford to do that. So they tried to decrease teacher salaries by 10%, while my bosses had no problems and their salaries remained the same. I left.

My current boss is making idiotic decisions, himself. He bought a new office, had it renovated with wood floors and wooden doors, and then bought furniture for it that cost $5000+ a piece. Now he can't afford to pay the bills on his offices while still maintaining his wealthy lifestyle, so he's trying to not pay his teachers. He's on his way to going out of business, as well, and due to his treatment of teachers, we're leaving very quickly. He's now down to two native speakers, both of us planning to leave in the next few months, and I just found out he hired some old Australian guy who's uncertified and has no teaching experience. Overall, he's gone from 15 teachers to I think 9? in the last year. He's fucking himself over and will be bankrupt very soon. I will point and laugh while I snatch up the rest of* his clients.

*Two of his clients (formerly my students) have already come to me and asked me for private lessons because they can't stand how he treats people (like they're beneath him, like they're just money and a contract) and how he's always trying to sell them more and more. I've already gotten two of them; when he falls, 60 more students I currently teach will be without lessons. I'm just waiting patiently.

Moto, blaming the unions is ignorant. I wish they were more common actually. They keep companies from underpaying people or cutting their benefits. The company didn't fall because of the union. They screwed themselves up the ass by making poor business decisions and continuing to give their higher ups lavish salaries. If the head of the company was trying to cut the salaries of the higher ups, instead of the workers, that would never fly. Now the company is trying to act like it was the union in the wrong? really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.