Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hostess is DEAD

Ok...why are unions going the way of the dodo then? Outdated phylosophy that as far as I am concerned, cannot die soon enough. They are basically using an extortion-racketeering thug method of pushing companies around and getting their way. They use their union membership as an idiot montra, rarely make consessions, and have this dipshit idea of all or nothing. Either you stand 100% with unions and support anything and everything they want, or you are the enemy. No common ground. They hold companies hostage through their ridiculous demands. Unions have caused serious damage over the past 30 years. Fuck the unions. I hope they die a miserable death.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    They use their union membership as an idiot montra, rarely make consessions, and have this dipshit idea of all or nothing. Either you stand 100% with unions and support anything and everything they want, or you are the enemy. No common ground. They hold companies hostage through their ridiculous demands.
    Hey jackass...
    http://www.businessinsider.com/corpo...ime-low-2012-6
    Still think it's a good time to compromise?
    Last edited by bighead384; 11-17-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

First off, I am not a jackass. I have asked people. I am not sure I actually trust that graph too much. One reason is I do not know exactly which corps are in there. Maybe some companies are cutting costs to finally make a friggin progit afer years of zero profits. Maybe they are holding onto profits right now for future repair/replacement...pension liability, other contingent liabilities or a miriad of other reasons. I can make graphs too. Ones that show some corps getting pummeled. Profit good...union bad. Would you rather you had corps NOT amking money? If that is your opinion, you're a short sighted dipshit. Also, go yank your money out of your 401(k) right now. Cause you say one thing...profit/corps bad...then you bitch and moan when your 401(k) pension takes a friggin nose dive.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    I can make graphs too. Ones that show some corps getting pummeled. Profit good...union bad. Would you rather you had corps NOT amking money? If that is your opinion, you're a short sighted dipshit. Also, go yank your money out of your 401(k) right now. Cause you say one thing...profit/corps bad...then you bitch and moan when your 401(k) pension takes a friggin nose dive.
    So your plan is to single out corporations that are getting pummeled, and create a misleading graph out of it? Instead of using data that looks at all corporations?

And no, I never said I'd rather have corporations not making any money. Although I can see why you'd wish I had said that so you can unload your tea party talking points on me.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

You can certainly make graphs that show companies with low profit margins, but chances are that a lot of that shrink within the company has more to do with poor decisions and lavish spending, not unions demanding their employees get paid a wage they can actually live on. I mean, look at the Walmart strikes.
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    You can certainly make graphs that show companies with low profit margins, but chances are that a lot of that shrink within the company has more to do with poor decisions and lavish spending, not unions demanding their employees get paid a wage they can actually live on. I mean, look at the Walmart strikes.
    No...a shit ton has to do with the devaluation of the dollar. Also, it has to do with years of low corp profits where the loss carry forward may be running thin. I will agree with one thing, there are corp greed heads, meaning the top tier CEO's and presidents, making entirely too much money based upon the performance of the companies.

You want to bitch about lavish spending? You need to get one thing straight that you simply do not understand...these are PRIVATE corportaions, they can spend THEIR money anyway god damn way they choose. It is the stockholder or the owner that swings the hammer. Now, if you are serious about pissing money down rat holes of continued failure and abuse, look no farther than the federal government. A government that exists for one reason...to spend your money. There has never been an agency run efficiently, there has never been a program run effectively...yet you people allowed a fucking corrupt government take control of approx 20% of the economy with this Obamacare bullshit. Staggeringly and mind-numbingly stupid.

Nobody is bitching but you. It seems the only thing you are capable of.

Simply put, yes, a private corporation can spend their money as they please. however, people should stop acting shocked that employees don't accept CEOs spending millions on themselves yet cutting the wages of the labor force.