Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hostess is DEAD

ok...you bitch about the fallacy that unions are good and not the reason for Hostess going under. I say your full of shit. You complain that corps make too much money, yet they pay taxes...yet, you don't mind those people who have never paid a dime of federal tax in their lives yet suck off the system that is supported by taxes paid by corporations and those of us that pay taxes. You complain that corps waste money, yet it is their's to waste or spend how they see fit. You support a president who ramrodded and took over 20% of the entire US economy when there has NEVER been a successful federal program in the history of this country that was not rampant with waste, fraud and abuse. I don't know, you simply make no sense.

sources? I think you have me confused with someone else. That or you are imaging things. Nowhere have I ever said anything like that.

Troll is a troll, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

MOTO- You're right you're not a jackass. Yanking money out of your 401K is not a good thing. You do that and there is a penalty you have to pay. You believe that the unions had something to with Hostess shutting down? You're wrong. If the unions truly had something to do with it, it would have been all over the news, we would have heard of strikes happening but no there was none of that. The company just closed and the unions are NOT to blame. Sorry.

_Lost_- Moto likes to bitch about everything it's just him. It makes him happy

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    No...a shit ton has to do with the devaluation of the dollar. Also, it has to do with years of low corp profits where the loss carry forward may be running thin. I will agree with one thing, there are corp greed heads, meaning the top tier CEO's and presidents, making entirely too much money based upon the performance of the companies.

You want to bitch about lavish spending? You need to get one thing straight that you simply do not understand...these are PRIVATE corportaions, they can spend THEIR money anyway god damn way they choose. It is the stockholder or the owner that swings the hammer. Now, if you are serious about pissing money down rat holes of continued failure and abuse, look no farther than the federal government. A government that exists for one reason...to spend your money. There has never been an agency run efficiently, there has never been a program run effectively...yet you people allowed a fucking corrupt government take control of approx 20% of the economy with this Obamacare bullshit. Staggeringly and mind-numbingly stupid.
    No shit, they can spend their money how they want. They can waste it til there's nothing left if they want. But when they go out of business due to awful spending habits, they can't fool me into thinking its the union's fault. "Shit, we fucked up with our spending. Better slash our employees' salaries and benefits! Oh, they won't allow us to do that? Well, then let's make it look like it was their fault we went under."
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    MOTO- You're right you're not a jackass. Yanking money out of your 401K is not a good thing. You do that and there is a penalty you have to pay. You believe that the unions had something to with Hostess shutting down? You're wrong. If the unions truly had something to do with it, it would have been all over the news, we would have heard of strikes happening but no there was none of that. The company just closed and the unions are NOT to blame. Sorry.

_Lost_- Moto likes to bitch about everything it's just him. It makes him happy
    Hostess Brands -- the maker of such iconic baked goods as Twinkies, Drake's Devil Dogs and Wonder Bread -- announced Friday that it is asking a federal bankruptcy court for permission to close its operations, blaming a strike by bakers protesting a new contract imposed on them.

Oh...maybe there wasn't a strike...my bad. I guess nobody heard about the bakers strike. Must have been a dream I had. Yeah, Hostess, a $2 billion annual sales company just said one day...ehhh fuck it, close it down.

You pretty much missed the entire point on the 401(k) TV. And, I may be just subtley familiar with how pensions work. But thanks for the tax advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    No shit, they can spend their money how they want. They can waste it til there's nothing left if they want. But when they go out of business due to awful spending habits, they can't fool me into thinking its the union's fault. "Shit, we fucked up with our spending. Better slash our employees' salaries and benefits! Oh, they won't allow us to do that? Well, then let's make it look like it was their fault we went under."
    You must really hate Obama then. Cause he has hammered deficit spending for the past 4 years and spent more money faster than any president in history. Still, the economy is for shit, gas doubled, dollar very weak, housing sucks. But you complain about private companies spending their money and pass on pissing away public funds. Private companies can do and spend how they see fit. Maybe they made errors. How much did it cost you? ZERO. It's a very bad situation. They owe you no explanation unless you are an investor. Maybe they were paying too high of wages. They offered a contract, it was declined, they closed. Now they are unemployed. Obviously the union members feel they were worth more, maybe they were. Based on what standard? They must have had options to decline the contract, go take the other options.

Not my words...

If feel bad for the workers who weren't part of the idiotic bakers union but have zero sympathy for the idiots who were. Hostess was already in bankruptcy, they were out of money, broke, finished. They had a plan to try and claw their way back and the bakers said, "no".

What was Hostess offering?

The concessions, which affect both the bakery union and Teamsters, call for cuts in wages and benefits of 27 percent to 32 percent over the five-year contract, with an immediate wage cut of 8 percent, the bakery union said. The company stopped contributing to workers' pensions last year.
    The bakery union represents about 5,680 Hostess workers, about 30 percent of Hostess' total work force.

Pretty steep cuts but still 68% to 73% > 0%.

Union idiots are free to choose this course of action but they are also going to have to live with the consequences of that choice. The important thing is that these people get no public assistance benefits whatsoever. In this economy there is no reason that people struggling to get by should subsidize people who throw away jobs.

People voted for irresponsibility, now they must get it. No soft landings, no pity. It's time for harsh lessons to be learned.

Man, my parents were pissed about this. They spent all morning yesterday talking about Ring Dings, Ho Hos, and Twinkies.

What the fuck is a Ho Ho, anyway?
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    What the fuck is a Ho Ho, anyway?
    It's gross, you're not missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    It's gross, you're not missing anything.
    Okay. Thanks for telling me.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.