Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hostess is DEAD

lol...ok.

Like I said...people report all the time calling things what they may or may not be. The term bonus is misleading in bancruptcy cases. Unions have certain clauses in contracts, management may have the same in certain employment agreements and the company may be liable for and had funds already set aside for such instances. Calling it a "bonus" is simply a term. In some cases, management personnel may be specialized and move their family to work at a company. A contract with certain guarentees is in order when a company has had a dubious past financially. Like I said, just possibilities, I really do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    lol...ok.

Like I said...people report all the time calling things what they may or may not be. The term bonus is misleading in bancruptcy cases. Unions have certain clauses in contracts, management may have the same in certain employment agreements and the company may be liable for and had funds already set aside for such instances. Calling it a "bonus" is simply a term. In some cases, management personnel may be specialized and move their family to work at a company. A contract with certain guarentees is in order when a company has had a dubious past financially. Like I said, just possibilities, I really do not know.
    So you're sympathetic to upper management having to move a family to a new city for a job, but 100% unsympathetic to workers trying to support families under $20 per hour after taking a pay cut and giving back medical and retirement benefits but going on strike after being asked to give up more.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

How do you know what management had to give up? Also, did Hostess violate the terms of the union contract? Never heard they did. Fact is, the company was going broke apparently...they offered the union workers and new contract to stay employed and keep the company going...the union decided to walk out and strike. Now here we sit.

How do you know what management had to give up? Also, did Hostess violate the terms of the union contract? Never heard they did. Fact is, the company was going broke apparently...they offered the union workers and new contract to stay employed and keep the company going...the union decided to walk out and strike. Now here we sit.
    They walked out because they didn't want their medical/pention/ hour much they make an hour cut to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    They walked out because they didn't want their medical/pention/ hour much they make an hour cut to nothing.
    Really? No shit...nobody does. Facts are facts and like them or not, it was either that or be unemployed. Unlike the federal government, when a company is broke...it is broke. There is no magic continuing resolution or printing up cash. Get it? There is no magic fucking wand or beggin for money...congress won't bail your dumbass out and the tooth fairy has said fuck you I'm broke too for the last time. Either make drastic changes or close up. Sometimes it is that simple. You people think there is a happy ending to everything? Just because you don't want something to happen doesn't make it stop. You think people don't get hurt or make wrong decisions? Wake the hell up. This is the really real world and not some bullshit that Wallstreet protesting or making a big fuss like a 4 year old will change. This is a company that MUST be profitable or it is done.

....meanwhile the CEO got a 300% pay raise and middle management got a 100% pay raise. Complete bullshit that the responsibility for keeping the company going relies on the workers giving up everything.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Really? No shit...nobody does. Facts are facts and like them or not, it was either that or be unemployed. Unlike the federal government, when a company is broke...it is broke. There is no magic continuing resolution or printing up cash. Get it? There is no magic fucking wand or beggin for money...congress won't bail your dumbass out and the tooth fairy has said fuck you I'm broke too for the last time. Either make drastic changes or close up. Sometimes it is that simple. You people think there is a happy ending to everything? Just because you don't want something to happen doesn't make it stop. You think people don't get hurt or make wrong decisions? Wake the hell up. This is the really real world and not some bullshit that Wallstreet protesting or making a big fuss like a 4 year old will change. This is a company that MUST be profitable or it is done.
    I'm sorry the tooth fairy said fuck off and I'm too broke for you. That must of really hurt your feelings. The tooth fairy never said that to me ever... A little humor to get started with.

I totally know that if you don't want something to happen it doesn't make it stop. I know that I get that. Everybody makes mistakes and someone always gets hurt from it. But I believe there is a right and wrong way to go about things.Sometimes there can't be ahappy ending to things but you can try damn hard to make it somewhat fair.

Things could have been a little better.
    Last edited by Tiny Vessels; 11-20-2012 at 02:05 PM.