Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Lousy hippies fight for the right to walk around nude

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,631


    Default

    I feel I must mention that my brain is an encyclopedia of most everything about science that I've learned. I'm not bragging, it's just how my brain works. So I may know some things that I learned from reputable sources and I just forget what those sources are because it's been sitting in my brain, collecting dust. Also, I'm always a logical and critical thinker (to a fault and my dismay,) I just can't remember exactly where I learned everything I know. People sometimes confuse this for my opinion. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bornlie View Post
    Yes I am, but at least I am smart enough not to pick an argument with an intelligent woman about bras(unless of course you wear one). I actually thought you were a guy before you started talking about your balls sagging.
    That's just silly. I know plenty of intelligent people who drive cars, but I don't expect them to have expert opinions on automobiles because they're not mechanics. I do not trust a single persons subjective opinion over the findings of scientific data and testing done by experts, no matter who the person is or how intelligent they may be.
    I wrote a four word letter.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,631


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    That's just silly. I know plenty of intelligent people who drive cars, but I don't expect them to have expert opinions on automobiles because they're not mechanics. I do not trust a single persons subjective opinion over the findings of scientific data and testing done by experts, no matter who the person is or how intelligent they may be.
    It's funny that you said that after the content in my last post.
    Also, I know many people in my college who drive cars and know a LOT about them, things experts know, and they are not mechanics. Take my chemistry lab partner, for example.
    I'm majoring in biology and I've been studying astronomy since I was 7. You could not imagine how much I know about the field of astronomy. Just because I do not have a college degree saying I studied this, you would not believe something I said about it if I didn't cite my source? Like, do you think I'm bull-shitting you when I tell you that frogs close their eyes and sink them into their heads to push their food down their throat because they can not swallow?
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 11-21-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    129


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    It's funny that you said that after the content in my last post.
    Also, I know many people in my college who drive cars and know a LOT about them, things experts know, and they are not mechanics. Take my chemistry lab partner, for example.
    I'm majoring in biology and I've been studying astronomy since I was 7. You could not imagine how much I know about the field of astronomy. Just because I do not have a college degree saying I studied this, you would not believe something I said about it if I didn't cite my source? Like, do you think I'm bull-shitting you when I tell you that frogs close their eyes and sink them into their heads to push their food down their throat because they can not swallow?
    watch it, now he is going to use wikipedia to look up frogs on his phone.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    I want to make sure we're on the same page here. So what you're suggesting is that I should take the word of random internet strangers because they claim to know what they're talking about, and better yet, they have anecdotal evidence and everyone knows how credible and useful that is! Furthermore, I should take there word over evidence and data, they haven't actively researched it, but hey, they've been wearing a bra since grade school! Their self-proclaimed encyclopedic brain is way more reliable than a reliably sourced Wikipedia article. Also, there is something inherently wrong with politely asking for evidence and if I am asked for evidence, I should get defensive and provide even more subjective and anecdotal evidence.

    I never even said you were wrong, but if I've seen scientific evidence that contradicts what you're saying and all you're going to give me is subjective opinions and your observational evidence, why should I listen to what you have to say?

    As for the frog thing, I didn't know that, that's interesting. Can you show me a study that explains how it works or how the process was discovered? (I actually looked it up already, because I truly did find it interesting. Imagine I hadn't though, and you just came back and said 'I don't actually have any evidence or an explanation, but I used to have a frog and I've seen a couple on tv, I just know that's how it works'.)
    I wrote a four word letter.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    Unlike full nudity, which I don't really have an opinion on right now, I have no problem with waist up nudity for both sexes. Assuming bras do prevent sagging, which they very well might, it's really a non-issue. If a woman chooses nudity over non-sagging breasts, that's her decision to make. Just as plenty of women wear clothes without bras, some women don't shave, and others don't wear makeup. Those are all deal breakers for some men, but who cares? There may be some legitimate reasons to ban waist up public nudity, but that's not one of them.
    I wrote a four word letter.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,631


    Default

    No, I never said you have to take my word for it. I'm saying you shouldn't discredit me ONLY because I'm not an expert and didn't give you scientific proof. Oh, wait, I did. That video is not a talk show like you think. It's a daytime show where actual, real-life doctors - you know, experts - discuss real health issues. This is the "boobyologist" in the video. Do you doubt her credibility? http://www.breastpreservationfoundat...t/kristi-funk/
    You are not a tittyologist, so what credibility do you have? All you are saying is that you believe what wikipedia is telling you. How does that make YOU credible?
    No, I don't have scientific data for you about the frogs because I am not interested in having an intellectual debate about how frogs consume their food, or the causes and effects of drooping tatas with someone who doesn't even have them.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    129


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    I want to make sure we're on the same page here. So what you're suggesting is that I should take the word of random internet strangers because they claim to know what they're talking about, and better yet, they have anecdotal evidence and everyone knows how credible and useful that is! Furthermore, I should take there word over evidence and data, they haven't actively researched it, but hey, they've been wearing a bra since grade school! Their self-proclaimed encyclopedic brain is way more reliable than a reliably sourced Wikipedia article. Also, there is something inherently wrong with politely asking for evidence and if I am asked for evidence, I should get defensive and provide even more subjective and anecdotal evidence.

    I never even said you were wrong, but if I've seen scientific evidence that contradicts what you're saying and all you're going to give me is subjective opinions and your observational evidence, why should I listen to what you have to say?

    As for the frog thing, I didn't know that, that's interesting. Can you show me a study that explains how it works or how the process was discovered? (I actually looked it up already, because I truly did find it interesting. Imagine I hadn't though, and you just came back and said 'I don't actually have any evidence or an explanation, but I used to have a frog and I've seen a couple on tv, I just know that's how it works'.)
    You fail to see the point. You did not believe Melyssa, an individual who has a lot more credibility than yourself on the subject. So she humored you and gave you evidence backed by expert testimony via a link. I assume you did not bother watching the doctor on that link since you came and again decided to attack the basis for Melyssa's argument, as well as her evidence. Melyssa's evidence is solid and would withstand any logical and critical analysis. If Melyssa were an attorney presenting evidence in a court of law, her evidence would hold up and be used on the grounds for a conviction. Do not let your ego and insecurities prevent you from admitting that your basis for disagreement is based on a fallacy. I understand that you have begun developing breasts and are afraid they will soon be sagging. You do not want to wear a bra. I get this, but what I do not get is that why you refuse to acknowledge the superiority of a woman. Did mommy not let you play with your friends? Did mommy embarrass you at school? Are you holding some type of grudge? Did you wife divorce you and take your Offspring CD collection? Stop living in your own dream world and face the facts. You were preaching about fact and validity but it is not very logical to presume an argument is not valid simply because Melyssa did not give you the number of sagging boobs in America. Wake up and smell the estrogen. Melyssa won.
    Last edited by bornlie; 11-21-2012 at 10:00 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,631


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bornlie View Post
    You were preaching about fact and validity but it is not very logical to presume an argument is not valid simply because Melyssa did not give you the number of sagging boobs in America.
    Is there were a scientific survey about the number of sagging hooters in America and a correlation between that number and the number of women who wear bras and those who don't? Geez, I guess I'll have to go out and ask women if their melons sag and how often they wear a bra and what brand it is, what type of bras, whether it's padded or has an underwire. I may as well ask the color and if there's lace.

    But I think we've been off topic enough.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    You're missing my point entirely. I recognized that you posted some evidence, but as I stated I have not been able to watch it yet. I also stated that I have no serious opinion on the effects of a bra on ptosis, just that the research I have seen says that bras have no effect and that I was curious to see an opposing study. I didn't get my info from Wiki, so I am unsure why you keep insisting I did. I wasn't actually asking for info about frogs, it was an example. I spend a lot of time researching homophobia, racism, misogyny, and other inequalities, but I am a straight, white middle class male, none of those things apply to me. Would you say I shouldn't talk about them or be curious?

    tl;dr: if someone politely asks for evidence to back your claim say 'I'm sorry, I don't have any evidence, this is just my opinion', 'Yes, I have a source, but I don't have time/don't care to find it', or 'Here is some evidence to back my claim:' It's not a personal attack on your credibility, honesty, or intelligence when someone asks for a source.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •