Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains/ Wingnut Dishwashers Union

Default Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains/ Wingnut Dishwashers Union

Anybody here a fan of either?

I started listening to these a few years ago (Pat the Bunny is in both...although I think he's moved onto another band now), and I really took to them. They are basically made up of a bunch of pretty much homeless guys off their heads on drugs. Or were anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK1Ch7eYsnc

I fucking love Wingnut Dishwashers Union! It is one of the best folk punk albums I have heard in my life. I am getting into Johnny Hobo as well, but it is hard to get their material, as Pat has denounced the band and all its material.
    I like his new band too, Ramshackle Glory.
    EDIT: And Pat is punx as fuck, he only accepts cash as payment on his website. Credit cards are evil according to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    I fucking love Wingnut Dishwashers Union! It is one of the best folk punk albums I have heard in my life. I am getting into Johnny Hobo as well, but it is hard to get their material, as Pat has denounced the band and all its material.
    I like his new band too, Ramshackle Glory.
    EDIT: And Pat is punx as fuck, he only accepts cash as payment on his website. Credit cards are evil according to him.
    I got into Wingnut Dishwashers Union through Johnny Hobo. I think I have most of the Johnny Hobo stuff, I have over 30 songs anyway, if you want me to send you any.

I haven't listened much to Ramshackle Glory, but I must get on to that. And Michael Jordan Touchdown Pass; Pat's brother is in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I got into Wingnut Dishwashers Union through Johnny Hobo. I think I have most of the Johnny Hobo stuff, I have over 30 songs anyway, if you want me to send you any.

I haven't listened much to Ramshackle Glory, but I must get on to that. And Michael Jordan Touchdown Pass; Pat's brother is in that.
    I have downloaded about all of Johnny Hobo's discography, but I would like to have them physically in my hands, spinning on my record player. Also, I don't believe in listening to everything all at once, because everything will sound the same that way. I need to have some space between the records. I am busy with exams now, but during the holidays, I will probably listen to one of Johnny Hobo's records. I hear all of the songs are about taking drugs.

Ah yes, I get you now.

If you haven't listened to them already, you should check out Mischief Brew (or Erik Petersen, the vocalist has some solo stuff too).

If you haven't listened to them already, you should check out Mischief Brew (or Erik Petersen, the vocalist has some solo stuff too).
    Ha, I played Smash the Windows today when I got home. Mischief Brew is one of my favourite bands, but unfortunately it is practically impossible to find their older stuff. I really want Songs from under the Sink.
    Erik Petersen's old band The Orphans isn't bad either.

Ah yes, I must listen to The Orphans a bit more, but I really like that song 'Anorexic Mind'.

Ah yes, I must listen to The Orphans a bit more, but I really like that song 'Anorexic Mind'.
    That is a good song, but I like For An Old Kentucky Anarchist the best. I think it is the best song he has ever written. It is about how cruel and raw real it is to live an anarchist's life. A touching story about what really matters. And musically, it is very beautiful, and grows more and more during the song till it at the end reach the climax. This song is actually what made me check out Mischief Brew and fall in love with that band.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    That is a good song, but I like For An Old Kentucky Anarchist the best. I think it is the best song he has ever written. It is about how cruel and raw real it is to live an anarchist's life. A touching story about what really matters. And musically, it is very beautiful, and grows more and more during the song till it at the end reach the climax. This song is actually what made me check out Mischief Brew and fall in love with that band.
    I must relisten to that. I don't think I've listened to the whole album yet.

I presume you've seen this video with Pat the Bunny and Erik Petersen? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeUvE4dpZ6E
    What I would do to have been there!

Yes I've seen it, it is very awesome. They should make an album together like Mischief and Guignol did.