Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Quality B-sides / rares

Default High Quality B-sides / rares

Hi all,

I downloaded loads of rares and b-sides ages ago and converted them to 128kbps for my iPod as iTunes told me that was CD quality. I've since learnt a lot more about music formats and know that 128kbps is far from CD quality! If i could, I'd buy the CD's that the rare and b-side tracks appear on and rip them in ALAC, but some CD's obviously aren't available.

Does anyone have a link to rares and b-sides that are in decent quality to download? I'm interested in the studio stuff like hand grenades, totalimmortal, bloodstains etc rather than the live stuff like territorial pissings. All the links I've come across are old and don't work anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If this sort of thing violates forum regs then obviously don't post any links! I'm just a fan trying to get hold of stuff that's not easily available (I own all of their album releases on CD already).

Check "The Offspring Site" and "the Offspring EU"

Quote Originally Posted by D0NT View Post
    Check "The Offspring Site" and "the Offspring EU"
    A great start, thanks. Seems not all songs are available though, anyone know of any others?

Still nothing more on this guys and girls??

Most of us downloaded our copies from the same sources. Nearly everything I've got is 128kbps (i've never converted any of it). I don't think you will find much that is higher without it having been artificially increased. I downloaded most of them seven or eight years ago. Unless you can find somebody with the originals, i doubt you will do much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Hmm... I do have the 'Totalimmortal' and 'I Wanna Be Sedated' promo discs. And of course the Club Me cd, like everybody else. If you want any of that ripped, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by nightvision View Post
    Hmm... I do have the 'Totalimmortal' and 'I Wanna Be Sedated' promo discs. And of course the Club Me cd, like everybody else. If you want any of that ripped, just let me know.
    It would be absolutely amazing if you could upload these for me, I'd be incredibly grateful! Could you rip them in iTunes using the ALAC codec? The files would be larger than mp3 or AAC, but there would be no loss of quality from the CD that way.

By the way, this may just be me being rather dense, but I can't work out how to download anything from theoffspringsite ?

I have 24 b-sides in FLAC.

Quote Originally Posted by DuReX View Post
    I have 24 b-sides in FLAC.
    Did you rip them yourself from the original CDs, or get hold of them through other people? Any chance you'd be willing to upload them anywhere?