Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Still smoke pot?

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    And sitting around talking.
    I enjoy sitting around and talking while sober. Because I have cool friends.

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    The only way I can make these posts make sense is if I take them as sarcasm/satire. Alcohol is more acceptable than marijuana because you can booze and still pass a drug test? What happens when pot is made legal here? What makes it a drug for kids? I know far more adults who do it than kids when I was in high school.
    Dude, seriously. Okay, if your job tests for weed (which is absurd and moronic), then sure, don't do it. But I don't see how drinking is more mature than smoking... I actually never smoked at all until I was like 21 or 22...

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    I've never bought pot in my life. Really never wanted to get into doing business with shady dealers or even with budgeting "drug money" like so many of my friends have done. I've smoked it socially when others have provided it, though. My lungs are really sensitive to any kind of smoke, so I hate doing it, but I did enjoy the effects of smokin' the ganja. But I still can't imagine waking and baking, or being high at any time when I have anything important to do.
    Pretty much the same here, minus sensitive lungs. I've never bought it, but I smoke socially with friends. I have a friend here who's a huge pothead and always has it on him, plus a few other friends who smoke sometimes... so I end up smoking on average once a month.

Also, weed gives me a bit of a hangover. It's not as bad as what alcohol does, but it makes me tired, hazy, and lazy for an entire day afterward.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I tried pot a couple times when I was 18 or 19. A LONG time ago. Haven't touched it since. Never did anything for me.

I smoke every few days. Picked it up again a few months ago.

It's fun, very mild and it passes the time. I never really do it when I'm in a group of more than three people or when I'm out - it's a solo thing or maybe with one other person.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Dude, seriously. Okay, if your job tests for weed (which is absurd and moronic), then sure, don't do it.
    Actually, there are some positions (firefighter, heavy construction) where you wouldn't want to work next to someone who just blazed up 8 hours ago.

Also, weed gives me a bit of a hangover. It's not as bad as what alcohol does, but it makes me tired, hazy, and lazy for an entire day afterward.
    I've gotten this, but it's never really bothered me. It's pretty mild, so I can snap out of it with caffeine or just some willpower.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Looks like I'm a minority here too. I don't really fit into the mid-late 20s class though haha, but I'll vent. I guess living where I live, weed is pretty much everywhere, so it's a pretty normal part of life. My friends and I occasionally still have those days where we sit around and toke all day playing video games and whatever, but it's rare for that to really happen. The appeal isn't there to do that everyday anymore, and now that I'm our of school and working, being a chronic stoner isn't viable hahaha. I can still say though, that I always tried to not be classed as a stoner, back when it was constant smoking I did my homework, got good grades and attendance, did well at work, just generally gettin my shit done. I didn't like the way some stoners I met were living, so I just decided to not be the typical stoner haha.

Nowadays I can still say I have at least 1 toke a day, just depends on what else has to be done that day. Whereas in high school, the sesh with friends was the best part of the day, now I'd rather have that sesh once everything else is done. Being out of school changes things too, you'd have a bunch of people going to sesh after school in a big group at a beach or something, now I've got that group of like 5 close friends who all hang out and have sesh nights after work on fridays or whenever people are free. I like to think that one day when I'm an old man who maybe smokes a joint with old buddies once in a blue moon, those are the people I'd smoke with, old friends.

Shit, I'm making it sound like all I do is weed Thats not the case, I just went off a bit here cause well, it's a thread about weed, and I've got many stories about it. Plus I'm on t3's for Mono hahaha, feelin goood.

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    But more and more, I get the feeling that I will end up trying pot and shrooms by the end of the year.
    In the right situation, shrooms are pretty lifechanging. For real doe. Standing on top of a mountain, looking all around at the city (with an ocean to the south, and the Rocky mountains across the water), while the sunset makes the sky rainbow colored... trippy enough without drugs. A different world on shrooms
    Last edited by Ryder1234; 11-28-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

I smoke on occasion, it's very rare though, probably once or twice a month maximum, much less on average. I've never payed for weed and don't always find the high that enjoyable. I think the problem is that I usually smoke at parties or with people I am not really close too, as most of my close friends aren't really into pot. I'm under the impression that I would probably greatly enjoy it if I just got high with a good friend or two and watched Planet Earth or something. Anyway, I've had brownies a few times and that is definitely my preferred method of ingesting it. I'd pretty happily pay for edibles any time, I seem to enjoy the high a lot more.

randman, mushrooms are great. I can never say too many good things about psilocybin.

Tiny Vessels, I'm much more of a drinker yhan a smoker, but explain your reasoning to me. From where I'm sitting you sound like the childish one.
    Last edited by WebDudette; 11-28-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    I wrote a four word letter.

I am a pot smoker for life, everyday! I love all of the dispensary's. Recently I got to smoke some Cypress Hill and Snoop Dog!!!! And I just picked up some Dr. dre.
    Last edited by yellow; 11-28-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Well... To me pot is a drug you in high school and when you get out of high school eh maybe for a couple years smoke it. But when you're in your mid to late 20s and you're still smoking it I feel it's time to grow up. Yeah maybe my way of thinking about it is stupid. But I feel it's not something you do in your 20s I feel it's time to grow up get away from pot. I did do pot when I was in high school now I wouldn't even think about doing it. No interest not my thing.

So you literally have no reasoning aside from 'it's not my thing, therefore it's childish'? I spent waaaay more time in highschool getting drunk than I did getting high, but I don't see alcohol as juvenile.

Though, if I were to make a case for one side over the other, I'd argue that alcohol is more dangerous, more destructive, more regularly abused, possibly more addictive, and in my experience alcohol generally results in people acting childish more often than being high.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    So you literally have no reasoning aside from 'it's not my thing, therefore it's childish'? I spent waaaay more time in highschool getting drunk than I did getting high, but I don't see alcohol as juvenile.

Though, if I were to make a case for one side over the other, I'd argue that alcohol is more dangerous, more destructive, more regularly abused, possibly more addictive, and in my experience alcohol generally results in people acting childish more often than being high.
    Fine my reasoning is childish. Whatever... being a pot head is so much cooler then drinking. Right? Lol.. ugh
    Last edited by Tiny Vessels; 11-28-2012 at 09:56 PM.