Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: TELL ME THE TRUTH: What´s going on with the band?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    298


    Post TELL ME THE TRUTH: What´s going on with the band?

    Hi Little_Miss 1565,
    Sorry if i cause disturbed or bother for the band and the fans. I would like to know what´s going on with the band?. First of All, they are falling on charts. They not appears anymore and fall on sales. Second, the singles is top on rank 39#. And they don´t have tour until February. And post March?. Three, we don´t have news about the new video clip "Turning into you" directed by Bill Fishman.

    For me and the rest --> "Days Go By" is a great album.


    Sorry for my english

    Thanks for reading this post

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    997


    Default

    Don't address the moderators directly. They don't have any more information than you do.


    And I don't know where you've been, but 1998 was 14 years ago.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,078


    Default

    1565 isn't a moderator anymore and I don't honestly know why you would think she has more info than the rest of us. They have been touring all year. They do music still because they love it, not because they need money or more success. Its reasonable for them to take the holidays off and spend them with their loved ones. They all have wives and children. I imagine we will get an album tour next year. Why are you so pushy? Them taking the holidays off is something they usually do. Am I wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    117


    Default

    Yeah relax man..! they will be back in 2013 full power up LOL ...!! I'm sure we're gonna have news about Turning into You video or maybe the video itself soon! and... it's december(end of november really,but it feels like december) so it's holiday time

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Paraguay
    Posts
    491


    Default

    The tour thing, I think, is because the south american tour in November (according to their twitter account) didn't work out and they had all scheduled, so they have free in November, then Dicember they have th UR1 festival and then for sure it will be more tour dates besides Australia. And the video I think it depends on the director.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,683


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puschka View Post
    then Dicember they have th UR1 festival
    that was canceled

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,234


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sefalobe_theoffspring View Post
    Hi Little_Miss 1565,
    Sorry if i cause disturbed or bother for the band and the fans. I would like to know what´s going on with the band?. First of All, they are falling on charts. They not appears anymore and fall on sales. Second, the singles is top on rank 39#. And they don´t have tour until February. And post March?. Three, we don´t have news about the new video clip "Turning into you" directed by Bill Fishman.

    For me and the rest --> "Days Go By" is a great album.


    Sorry for my english

    Thanks for reading this post
    I can't answer the tour questions, but here is the simple truth: The Offspring are not selling albums because they can't. Record sales drop more and more each year. That makes it difficult for anyone, but rock acts most of all. Mulit-platinum albums are almost unheard of in any genre these days, and the pop and hip-hop artists are usually the only ones who get the Gold and Platinum records. The average music listener's attention span has been sculpted and conditioned by singles and ringtones, and obtaining music cheaply or even for free has really spoiled people. No one wants to listen to an album anymore because they don't have to. No one wants to take the risk of listening to 10-14 songs, most of which they probably won't like. And people have also grown accustomed to not hearing the same artist any more than two or three times in a row, otherwise an album becomes background noise and they lose interest.
    As for the low charting… well, I guess after so many years, it's finally just time that the Offspring are starting to lose their mainstream relevancy to people. The last album had three incredibly popular singles that you couldn't get away from. This album had the one, and Turning Into You got surprisingly lukewarm reception. Unless they can write an album that has two or three more genre or career defining classics like Gotta Get Away, Come Out and Play, and Self-Esteem, then the next record may not even have one hit.
    The music industry is a "what have you done for me lately?" kind of business, and I personally thought the Days Go By album was incredibly weak compared to the rest of their catalogue. It's the first album I haven't liked since the Self-Titled. Hell, I have been a member of this forum since 2004, and the Offspring have been my favorite band for just as long, and not even I have bought that record, yet.
    Simply put, the Offspring need to make a record that is great and not just good to sustain their success. They're at the point in their career when they can no longer release a Splinter and get a Gold record cruising off of the success of Americana and Smash. They need another Americana and Smash (even though I liked Splinter, the masses thought it was just an average album).

    Also, I don't know if it's this new forum format or my laptop, but I can't make paragraphs and it's extremely aggravating.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,683


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    and not even I have bought that record, yet.
    Simply put, the Offspring need to make a record that is great and not just good to sustain their success. They're at the point in their career when they can no longer release a Splinter and get a Gold record cruising off of the success of Americana and Smash. They need another Americana and Smash (even though I liked Splinter, the masses thought it was just an average album).

    Also, I don't know if it's this new forum format or my laptop, but I can't make paragraphs and it's extremely aggravating.
    well i think you should have to support the band but the sad truth is they will probably never make another album where every song on it is good

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,300


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    well i think you should have to support the band but the sad truth is they will probably never make another album where every song on it is good
    Has there been one? (just kidding)

    Honestly I don't like what's going on in music in general right now (with a few exceptions). It's a lot of one-hit-wonders or "pushed youtube or casting show stars" that do fit whatever category/music is "hip" right now. Others (like Die Toten Hosen for example) changed their style from something that was pretty cool and different into mainstream crap ... one wonders is it because they're getting older or because they want to sell more records and get more radio play and thus make more money or because they aren't "rebellious" or "courageous" enough anymore?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,234


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    well i think you should have to support the band but the sad truth is they will probably never make another album where every song on it is good

    I haven't gotten around to buying the record yet, but I most certainly will. However, I am not obligated to buy a subpar product, I will only do so out of my dedication to the band. I bought Smash twice, RaF,RaG twice, Greatest Hits twice, Ixnay on the Hombre, Ignition, Self-Titled, and Conspiracy of One, all legitimately. For some reason, I never bought Americana or Splinter, but I am a huge fan of buying the actual music. I am just not excited to go out and buy Days Go By.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •