Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: TELL ME THE TRUTH: Whatīs going on with the band?

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,658


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Yes, I've heard the songs on Americana and Splinter until I couldn't stand them anymore, I've just never bought the albums. Those are the only two I left out for some reason.

    When I was 15, I downloaded every one of the (then) seven albums the Offspring had to offer, plus every known (at the time) b-side and unreleased song, all song-by-song, one at a time, on a 56K modem. Even though the only reason I did that was because I had no money and no alternative, I consider that my greatest act of fandom, way moreso than buying all the records (sometimes multiple times). It took like 15-30 minutes to download a single song on 56K, so it was some major dedication on my part.
    Clearly you either had some free time on your hands, or you MADE time by not doing other things until you had all the songs.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,654


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I'm a rebel. I'll buy CD's as long as they are manufactured. I do DL some songs but I buy the CD's of the bands I really like. The last two I bought were Days Go By and Unwritten Law's Swan.
    I really like swan I almost bought it at warped tour 2011 I was also going to buy that live cd/dvd they put out in 2008 but I let my friend borrow some money instead

    If swan would have been on vinyl I would have bought it for sure

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,234


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Clearly you either had some free time on your hands, or you MADE time by not doing other things until you had all the songs.
    Whoever you are, it's a shame you never signed up sooner for this site, if you've really been a fan for as long as you claim. There used to be good discussion on this forun, both about the Offspring and various off-topics. Well, I guess there still is good discussion, but it used to be frequent and consistent.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,658


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Whoever you are, it's a shame you never signed up sooner for this site, if you've really been a fan for as long as you claim. There used to be good discussion on this forun, both about the Offspring and various off-topics. Well, I guess there still is good discussion, but it used to be frequent and consistent.
    I know. I visited the site back in '03 but I was still working on ironing out my social skills at that time. I have been a fan since 1998. I would hope their songs played whenever I listened to my local radio station Y-100, which was bought out by a hip-hop and R&B station years ago.

    I'm so sorry I missed those discussions.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,658


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I really like swan I almost bought it at warped tour 2011 I was also going to buy that live cd/dvd they put out in 2008 but I let my friend borrow some money instead

    If swan would have been on vinyl I would have bought it for sure
    My fave song off Swan is "Nevermind." I've been listening to Swan, Here's to the Mourning, and Elva whenever I watched meteor showers for the past three years!
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,654


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    My fave song off Swan is "Nevermind." I've been listening to Swan, Here's to the Mourning, and Elva whenever I watched meteor showers for the past three years!
    have you heard the first 3 albums? the one from 1998 is my favorite

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,658


    Default

    I have heard parts of them. They weren't bad. It's amazing how the Offspring, Green Day, and Unwritten Law started out with similar music styles, but all have diverged and evolved their own unique sound.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,654


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I have heard parts of them. They weren't bad. It's amazing how the Offspring, Green Day, and Unwritten Law started out with similar music styles, but all have diverged and evolved their own unique sound.
    Dookie is a good album but I never really liked Green Day

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,658


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    Dookie is a good album but I never really liked Green Day
    I like the Nimrod album best, and Warning was good. Shenanigans had hit or miss songs. And I love playing American Idiot songs on my guitar. Yeah, I liked that album. I like many of the songs on Dookie, also.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •