Thread: "Gone Away" with Emily Armstrong

Default "Gone Away" with Emily Armstrong

What do you think about the live duet, The Offspring feat. Emily Armstrong?
    I was really surprised when Ive heared that track. Its really cool and Emiy is a cool Rock N Roller.
    Shes got energie and a really beautiful voice. RocK ON EMILY!!

I think Offspring should produce more Projects like that. Maybe with other artists.

I really like that a lot. Very unique and different. Will they ever team up with Young The Giant? That'll make me punkrock happy!
    Last edited by Dulce; 11-29-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Frankly: Nothing. It just doesn't feel "right" AFAIC.

I generally liked it but felt they could've done more with the instruments. Fell short in that regard.

i hate it they should leave their classic songs like gone away and dirty magic alone

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    i hate it they should leave their classic songs like gone away and dirty magic alone
    I don't get this type of thinking. The original versions haven't gone anywhere, you can still listen to them. I like it when bands sometimes alter songs for live performances, keeps it more interesting.

I totally agree with you 100%, except for the panio version of Gone Away. I think that is so beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    I don't get this type of thinking. The original versions haven't gone anywhere, you can still listen to them. I like it when bands sometimes alter songs for live performances, keeps it more interesting.
    they should just make a new song just because the old song is still there does not mean the duet isn't awful the singer of dead sara didn't even know the words she just went ''Whoaaa Whoaaa Whoaaa'' over and over

if they want to make the live shows more interesting instead of changing the songs how about they change the setlist

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    I totally agree with you 100%, except for the panio version of Gone Away. I think that is so beautiful.
    I agree I would love a studio version of that as a b side

they should just make a new song just because the old song is still there does not mean the duet isn't awful the singer of dead sara didn't even know the words she just went ''Whoaaa Whoaaa Whoaaa'' over and over

if they want to make the live shows more interesting instead of changing the songs how about they change the setlist

I agree I would love a studio version of that as a b side
    I agree. But I suspect that she knows the lyrics, but they just cut the text. It was a other "version" of "Gone Away".
    Last edited by Batgirl; 12-01-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Again, I have to agree