Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    It's exceptionally hard for me to get into a show about zombies that was created during a time when anything about zombies was a guaranteed meme-baiting hit anyway.
    Yeah, that seems to be the only reason it's survived this long. It started off promising with the first couple episodes, but went downhill very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    This new episode was disappointing for me. Hopefully next week's is better.
    I thought it was ok I was hoping for a cliffhanger since it was the first episode back

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Don't think they're ghosts so much as hallucinations.
    oh ok
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 02-12-2013 at 01:42 PM.

That show is my life! AH

Quote Originally Posted by NitroYouthNRG View Post
    That show is my life! AH
    Thats too bad, its mostly awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Should go without saying, but may contain spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    This show is just... I can't get into it, with a show like this, I think it's important to care about the characters and I don't give a damn about a single character.
    I think caring about the characters is important in any show. I agree though, I don't care at all about any of the characters in this show. I think that's the biggest problem they have with The Walking Dead. None of their characters are particularly likable. Nobody is particularly charismatic or cool in any way. I would not say the acting is bad exactly, it's more like everyone is portraying a boring minor character and no one is really stepping up and grabbing our attention. Nobody is acting like a damn lead. It's just one of those things that happen occasionally. Unfortunately it should have been caught in the casting stage. I haven't felt like a cast has failed to work this badly since Star Trek Voyager. The writing and everything else could of course be improved too, but I sort of doubt this cast could ever have produced anything truly good together.

The third season was definitely the best, and probably the first I would say was actually worth watching. If they keep this level of quality as a minimum I'll probably stick with it just because I love anything post-apocalyptic.

I can't really believe I'm saying this, but I almost find their attempts at diversity on the show to be offensive. I mean, you get a token asian guy and a token black guy. If another token black guy shows up you know the current token brother is fucked. And T-Dog (hard to believe that was actually what they called him) basically was given the least development as a character and nobody really ever seemed to give a shit about him at all, even though he was actually a pretty great guy. Again, I can't believe I'm the one saying this stuff. I think maybe it annoyed me because it's so incredibly obvious with this show.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I actually liked Shane a lot, he was the most interesting character.
    I wrote a four word letter.

He was certainly the most interesting character in a show comprised almost entirely of terminally uninteresting characters.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

yeah .
    I wrote a four word letter.

For the most part, the characters have been based off of their comic book counterparts (I speak in reference to the diversity comment). The only one, that I know of, that wasn't part of the original books, is Darryl. When the auditioned Norman Reedus, they liked him a ton, but didn't have a role that they liked him in, so they made one.

I spent most of season 3 cursing about how I didn't understand why that blonde chick hadn't died yet, because she was annoying as fuck. I hadn't noticed how miserably they've failed to make me give a crap about the characters until you two pointed it out. The only one I was sad to see go was Dale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

I miss T-Dog