Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was the song that got you into offspring?

If it wasnt for Bad Habit, i probably never would have known about Offspring or punk music at all. It was what kickstarted my love for punk music. I was 14 and at a friends house jumping on a trampoline and my friend went and got a cd with a skeleton on it and put it on track 3. That slow bass intro and the "dont gimme no crap!" lyrics leading to the fast heavy riffs, i was jumping on the trampoline and having a blast to this song, then when it slowed down to the Drivers a rude such attitudes, when i show my peace, complaints cease. Somethings odd, feel like I'm god, You Stupid DUMBSHIT GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKER!! i was hooked for life. I asked to borrow the cd and listened to it till it was just beat to shit. Then all i ever asked for for christmas or birthdays were any Offspring albums i didnt own or anything Offspring.
    Smash will always be my favorite album and Bad Habit will always be my favorite song.
    Im not a trendy Asshole

Gosh, I'm so old...I was 19 & it was 1993. Session & Kick Em When He's Down changed my life forever. A good friend I grew up with came back to Ohio from California (his Dad was stationed there for 3 yrs) & brought the cassette tape back telling me I MUST listen to it. I made myself a copy of it till I was able to get my hands on one. That album was near impossible to get in Ohio. They've always been one of my favorite bands!

....live like there is no tomorrow.. = NITRO
    I was hooked from that moment

It was All I Want.

It was around 2000, at that time I was not into music actually, but then CO1 was been already released and Original Prankster was everywhere... so one morning I listened All I Want on the radio and I was like... "what a powerful song! Who are these guys?" And that was it, I found more of their music and started listening them.

All I Want always gonna be special, not only for getting me into Offspring, but for getting me into rock music
    What you had and what you lost,
    they're all memories in the wind...

Probably "Come Out and Play" on KROQ. It was in 1994, and I was just a kid back at that time. It took me a while to actually become a fan of The Offspring.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Definitely "Pretty Fly". I saw the video on MTV back in '98 and got Americana for Christmas that year. I was hooked ever since. Then I realized they did "Come Out And Play" and "Self Esteem" from recognizing them when I was younger. And Melyssa, I remember Y100! They always had the best music. The Offspring was on heavy rotations for yeeeears until they were bought out. :-( ahhh, the good old days....

Self Esteem on the radio (Z100 in NYC) in 1994.

1994, Self Esteem on MTV. That song got me into music, period. Before then I kinda liked Nirvana and U2 but knew relatively little about music - it was just a thing that the radio played. Self Esteem enraptured me, and it is no exageration to say it changed my life.

In 2009, Can't Repeat. I was 11, and I heard it in a Formula 1 video (LOL). I loved that song on the background and asked for the name. Later, I started listening The Kids Aren't Alright, Gone Away, Million Miles Away... now, I'm almost 15, and I never loved anything as I love The Offspring now.

Sorry for what my generation did to music. I swear It's not my guilt.

self esteem was the first offspring that ever listened to, back in 1994,but gotta get away was the song that changed my life since the accidental first time!
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic