Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What was the song that got you into offspring?

The song that really got me hooked was Gone Away, even though I knew All I Want, Way Down The Line, and Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) before I heard of Gone Away. But Gone Away is, and always will be my favorite song, always. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by IxnayOnTheSombre View Post
    For me it was seeing the video for "All I Want" way back in 96. Fuckin ace song and video.

How bout you?
    All I want in 96 could only have been if you went to a handfull of European festivals like the bizarre festival.. otherwise it was 97...

For me it was self esteem march 1995

The first Offspring song that I started to like a lot was WDYGAJ. It was in '99, I was 10

it was Gotta Get Away video in 1995 on MTV Brasil(where I used to live) even though by the time I've bought Smash I realized I knew the previous singles already (probably wasnt the only one who thought Self Esteem was a Nirvana song)

Strangely enough for me it was Hit That in 2003 when I was 17. I had obviously heard WDYGAJ and Pretty Fly in the years before, and appreciated them, but not enough to get me hooked.

I remember hearing Original Prankster on the radio also which made an impression, but still wasn't enough.

Hit That must've flipped my Offspring switch, because ever since I heard that and Mum got me Splinter for Christmas I've been hooked. Obsessed with The Offspring.

Now Hit That is one of my least favourite songs of theirs. Absolutely LOVE the Days Go By album - they just keep getting better with age.

Strange how many people got hooked on WDYGAJ by the way

I got into the offspring by "Blackball" , this song was on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (I used to play PS1 & PS2 so much around 2002) and I liked it ,but it was weird because when I was looking for offspring discography where Conspiracy of one was the current album .. I was like ... omg this is a different band lol but still .. I liked that album anyway

Cool

the first song that I heard it was why don't you get a Job. I delved into my brother's computer and accidentally found a video. it was about 6 years ago. Then I went to the store and bought the CD with all the other songs.

The way i got into The Offspring was playing Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast. Hearing All I want and Way down the line for the first time was awesome. Part of the reason i loved Crazy Taxi was because of those two songs. And then i looked up and started listening to songs like Gone Away, I Choose, Want you bad and the rest was history. Like some other people said The Offspring really helped me get into and enjoy music way more, before all i really liked was Video Games (still really do). And I'm still loving them with Days Go By and I still listen to an Offspring song a least once a day ever sense playing Crazy Taxi for the first time.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

Cool too many

the first one that made me look it up was Nitro, when i was playing nhl-2k9! but im only like 13 so i dont get to hear them on the radio much, over run by pop, but the other i really liked was days go by, but i was already into them when that came out

Pretty Fly

I heard that song when i was a kid and thought is was the shit and bought the CD. Americana was one of the first CD's I ever bought, if I recall. I missed out on Co1 because I stopped watching TV and buried myself in video games, but I caught Splinter, fucking loved that album. After that, I got Smash and Ignition, which cemented my liking of the band.