Thread: Alice in Chains new album

Default Alice in Chains new album

Looks like the new AiC album has been finished (according to Jerry Cantrell), although no release date has been given yet. The title of the album also hasn't been released yet, but there's a new single coming up on 18th december (Hollow? I'm not sure, you have to follow them on instagram to get snippets of the lyrics and I don't have instagram).

Stoked about this, given the quality of Black Gives Way to Blue (took me about 2 years of listening to the album regularly before I finally became bored with it, now it's a good time to spin it again) my expectations are very high. It's awesome when it's 2012 and you have a new Soundgarden album laying on your desk, talking about an upcoming Alice in Chains album... It is 2012 and not 1992, right?

I liked Black Gives Way to Blue a lot so im looking forward to this

The new single "Hollow" is out. Sludgy riffs, heavy and dark as fuck and with a simple but amazing chorus. Shit, I hope this album gets released soon. This sounds every bit as good as anything from Black Gives Way to Blue, if not even better. Seriously, it's THAT good.

Expectations are through the roof. Fuck yes!

Last edited by Rooster; 12-18-2012 at 01:57 PM.

the new song is good

im sure i will like this much more then new soundgarden

Holy motherfucker! I'm just listening to the new single, Stone. It gets released tomorrow, but it can already be found on the internet.

I was blown away. Vocals are absolutely killer, the riffs are fantastic, very heavy. It carries more power than anything on Black Gives Way to Blue.

I'm probably gonna like this a lot more than the latest Soundgarden album (it's a great album, but I got bored with it rather quickly, much to my surprise). I can't wait till The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here (yes, that's the title of the new AiC album) finally drops on 28th may!

Phantom Limb also got leaked (it's a radio rip, there's a bit at the beginning that seems to be missing), some radio played it one time already. If anything it's even more impressive than Hollow & Stone. It's fucking epic, the chorus is so haunting. William assumes lead on this track, and he's nothing short of incredible, he sounds fantastic! I'm gonna say something that might seem sacrilege to some, but he is as good on this song as Layne would be - the power is there, creepines is there, the only difference is the color of his voice.

Absolutely incredible. Easily among the best material AiC ever recorded.

I finally started listening to "Stone" the other day. I obviously like "Hollow" better.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

So, I got the actual CD. This time I actually didn't download the leak (it leaked yesterday, a day before European release), I only knew 3 songs, so I listened to the CD today for the first time pretty much without knowing what it'll sound like. It was well worth the wait

It's at least as good as BGWTB, in many ways even better. It's gonna take a few more spins before I'll be able to rate it properly, but so far it is absolutely amazing! There's tons of classic AiC stuff on here, the title track could have been pulled right from Facelift, it's creepy as fuck.

Oh, and the plastic CD case is red, which complements the artwork nicely, it's really cool.